Another Rant about Reflect Damage

"
Pregapago wrote:
Does anyone else feel that the boosting dmg output of these effects in the last few patches has been complete lunacy?

In my opinion you have an already broken mechanic--

the only effect in the game that can make a lvl 1 mob with no offensive capability whatsoever have the effect of criting your character for 2000+ dmg when it's not even visible on the screen.

--and not only do you increase it's radius aura of effect, but also it's potential damage output, in the last few patches.

Simply equals GGG fail.

Couple all that that garbage within the overarching issue of the excessively steep hill of getting experience in this game (the brick wall of high level maps and experience falloff). And to reiterate what people have harped on millions of times--the absurd penalty of 15% experience loss.

GGG has effectively bitch slapped and phys+ele dmg builds to the ground with the worst combinations of bad game design and poorly thought out patches.

Because as it is, with max resists, high% life leech I effectively have the only character in the game, that can kill itself -- nullifying 10+ hours of gaming on mobs that are not even visible on the screen.

There is no set of mechanics in the game that can even compare to the sheer crap stuffed into the mouth of a phys+ele build. It's a pointed and clear bias of the game creators. Simply put, GGG hates these build types and does not want them to advance with any sort of equal capacity.

I agree with the content of your post, but you are writing as if the game is in it's finished state. it isn't. So, you should simply list the reasons why the mechanic should be changed, and leave out the anger and hyperbole.

We are here to test the game, you have found an issue that you believe - and I agree - needs further tweeking. thats all.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
As for crit, yes the problem likely stems from that. Been saying for a while now that criticals are a problem.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
If you played diablo 2, you would know all about Iron Maiden. Reflect damage is fine. It teaches you not to go crit heavy all the time.
HC IGN: OrlandoFlorida / TheRoadBackToOriath
"
haitu wrote:
If you played diablo 2, you would know all about Iron Maiden. Reflect damage is fine. It teaches you not to go crit heavy all the time.

So basically you approve of a mod that basically RNG makes some maps and quests uncompletable by certain builds purely becuase they have good gear correct?
It could really do with a damage cap. Sure, these mods are designed to be extremely dangerous for damage heavy builds, and they should absolutely stay so. Personally I don't even have a crit multiplier heavy build and I fear that mod (I play a Sparkmage, I can't entirely control how much damage I'll do). But as it is right now, it's not so much dangerous as plain bullshit.

How's about we add a cap of 50% of max HP. Non-crit builds, tanky builds, or fast hitting builds won't even notice that. Crit builds will still feel a significant chunk of health being ripped away instantly, but it'd take at least two hits (most likely 3 if you have any regeneration at all) to die from it. That's dangerous, without the potential for cheap deaths (if you've built properly that is).
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
haitu wrote:

So basically you approve of a mod that basically RNG makes some maps and quests uncompletable by certain builds purely becuase they have good gear correct?

What quest is uncompletable? And I have no problem with certain map modifiers that should not be done by certain types of builds. Conversely some types of builds will take advantage of that map mod. Problem?

Get over yourself. Just because people do 5k damage or whatever doesn't mean they deserve to roll over every monster. Chris already said he likes iron maiden because he adds more then just whirlwinding monsters from point a to z.
HC IGN: OrlandoFlorida / TheRoadBackToOriath
Last edited by haitu on Oct 6, 2012, 8:17:17 PM
Except... They removed Iron Maiden from the Chaos Sanctuary because that shit was fucking stupid.
"
haitu wrote:
"
EpsiIon wrote:
"
haitu wrote:

What quest is uncompletable? And I have no problem with certain map modifiers that should not be done by certain types of builds. Conversely some types of builds will take advantage of that map mod. Problem?

Get over yourself. Just because people do 5k damage or whatever doesn't mean they deserve to roll over every monster. Chris already said he likes iron maiden because he adds more then just whirlwinding monsters from point a to z.

I can draw many things from your post, and one of many of them that are likely is that you rarely spend time gearing any of your toons exceptionally.

This isn't about map mods btw, at least read posts before slobbering on the keyboard and making a fool of yourself.

I have had several times, had to leave and reset a map becuase theres a necro mancer standing in a hoard of undead and he JUST SO HAPPENS to have reflect.

When I have some of the best gear attainable in the game, and am 15-20 levels above a map, yes, I expect to do everything save place my face on the keyboard and roll through the map.

It isnt about simply steam rolling, some ele reflect mobs are down right nearly impossible for me to kill. Absolutely. Impossible. Some take me 20 minutes to slowly fray a mob enough to pull one or two mobs off to the point that I can go after the ele reflect with a lvl 35 staff becuase just doing that nearly 5 shots me. And Im an archer. You have absolutely no point, and are utterly lacking any coherent thought under then a littlee unbridled rage at the fact that people HAVE good gear.
Last edited by EpsiIon on Oct 6, 2012, 8:51:53 PM
Oddly, this is not a problem for my summoner.
My character is very well geared,
yet i will die in 2 hits if i crit on an ele reflect mob

And ive seen someone better geared than i am, around my level crit on a mob in fellshrine and died to the reflect

this mod does need work, ever hit an ele reflect mob with ele weakness on u? yea thats a fun trip.

edit: lets not forget how much "help" resistances are on a ci build, also pointing out both my friend and i sit at 75% resist.
My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
Last edited by metisuneatn on Oct 7, 2012, 2:32:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info