[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Hey, thank you so much for the explanation. I was able to level up enough and get a 5L on my belly to add BM in flicker strike. I'm running two auras now at 58, and Merciless is smooth.

Hey, I've been reading a lot about flicker strike because I found a Oro's Sacrafice with a nice roll and I was wondering what you thought about this build idea. (I've tried to ask for info on this in the Templar area and gotten nothing in response and I'm on my phone so excuse the no passive tree link)

Using Oro's and starting at the Templar tree and working down all the way to the frenzy charge by the duelist, grabbing every power charge (1 by Templar), endurance charge(3?), all life and fire damage nodes until we reach the frenzy charge and head north for the chaos/life nodes, burning damage and avatar of fire.

The idea here.... Flicker with Oro's and elemental damage from Templar area, blood rage and gain frenzy and endurance charges using endurance charge on stun. If you get a Romira's Banquet we can get the 4 power charges using RT, 7 endurance charges through stun and 5 frenzy charges (taking bandits) and discharge tht bad boy as a finisher. I would recommend using blood rage or at least blood dance to ensure we fill up frenzy charges again when we kill using discharge so we can start the flicker again.

With avatar of fire and increased burning I feel like we can do some serious damage. Even use iron will on the discharge with inc AOE and con effect since our strength will be high from our travels.

At some point I'll make a passive tree up and edit this, but hopefully you get the idea.
Interesting. Though i have no idea how it would turn out ... i guess you just have to try it.
Reflect ( don't forget that with oro you take extra fire daamge ) sounds like an issue to me.
And how will you cast the discharge? Manually? CWDT?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Well, I've been debating those two options for casting but I think manual with faster casting might be the best option. as for the reflect I think I'd have to find a way to keep a ruby flask up. But I'm not sure if that would even work. I just like the flicker with oro's and for the most part need to travel to the duelist area for the frenzy charge so why not grab the endurance charges in the way. I already need to up my elemental damage so I think discharhe is a nice compliment but I'll let you know how it works out when I get to maps.
What unique axe should i use if im using this build? reccommend a few thanks dude. awesome build btw
well .. when it comes to unique axes there isn't much of a choice ... Kaom's Primacy comes into mind as a pretty good axe which on top of that is dirt cheap. I guess the atziri disfavour is ok .. tho it's definitely not worth it's money for this build.. because you don't need the bleeding nor the weapon range part .. so for the same currency you could get a better rare axe ...
So ... if you want a good axe but you have limited resources - Kaom's Primacy is the axe for you!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey Korgoth, just want to say thank you for the guide I have been enjoying the build so far! Your guide is well laid out, and has some nice visuals. I recently got myself a 590 DPS Axe so I was looking to try a 2H build.

I decided to go Crit, since a few of the passives give me accuracy with Axes/2H, and I swapped out Added Fire for a 20/20 Additional Accuracy. I also took the Melee Crit nodes near RT, and I have a 20% Flicker Strike. Altogether my crit is around 25 - 30%, and my Accuracy at level 81 is 92%. My DPS did go up after respeccing but not by a huge amount (went up by 600-800 average damage). I was still having no issues at all with the non-crit build, it is really strong.

I am going to use Assassin's Mark as my curse but at the moment I do not have the sockets(corrupted some Blood Dance to get +1 Frenzy Charge but they are not the right colours).

The only struggle I am having is with resistances - I am using a 6L Lightning Coil so at the moment I am having to use Purity of Lightning as my Lightning Res is around 67% without it.

Once I upgrade my Ring and cap my res, I will go back to using Grace, Hatred + HOA.

The clear speed is amazing, and it is such a satisfying build to play! Only died twice and that was due to being severly desynced (oos did nothing), but I was already prepared for this when deciding to try Flicker Strike.

Keep up the good work Korgoth :)

"Did the earth move for you baby? Probably, you hit the ground quite hard"
- Shadow, upon killing Alira
Last edited by Jedmiester on Mar 4, 2015, 10:58:32 AM
Thanks mate ^^
An advice - if you are going to use Lightning Coil i'd suggest that you keep the Purity of Lightning. The +max lightning res is essential when it comes to physical damage mitigation with Lightning Coil. That's why personally i don't like lightning coil that much... especially now with the Taste of Hate Flask which does the same .. but better ... well ... if you can afford one that is.

About your damage , you've gain little dps due to your low crit chance .. which is due to the low base crit chance of the axes. It's my personal view that i can't get at least 50% crit chance and at least 400% crit multiplier it's not worth it to go crit at all. Again this is my personal view when it comes to crit and i in no way claim this to be true... it's just true for me :)
I would definitely continue to use POL but at the moment due to my int I can only get +1 max res, so going back to Grace would help more defensively.

I would like to swap out the LC for another chest but the only other 6L I have that I could use for this build is pure EV, so I am spamming chromatics until I can get 4R2G.

Yea I know my crit isnt too high at the moment, I wasn't complaining about the damage increase being too low I was just saying it has improved my dps a little. I could just spec out at any moment, it was only 5-6 nodes, and I could just put them into Life nodes.

The issue is there are no crit nodes nearby apart from the Disembowling cluster, which makes it pretty hard to reach decent crit levels.

I'll play around tonight, and do some more respeccing :D
"Did the earth move for you baby? Probably, you hit the ground quite hard"
- Shadow, upon killing Alira
what if i use vall haste on this build + blood rage will it will do an postive effect?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info