[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Under the commonly asked questions:

Q.5 What Map Mods should i avoid?

You should list physical reflect as the number 1 mod to avoid. I tried a physical reflect map and instantly gibbed myself on the first few monsters i attacked.
Very strange... i was really ok with reflect last time i've played with this build
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Need to get that confirmed then. Gonna do that right away. It is possible i did the stupid thing that has happened before. Maybe didn't activate blood rage = No life leech.

Thorny monsters at it again. 6 deaths. 6 portals gone. Map only half finished.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN4bLYO2WbU

30 second video. Sorry for music. Forgot to turn off webradio before recording.
Yup looks bad ... perhaps it's an issue now ... maybe some hidden buff to these types of monsters? No idea really.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I think i have figured it out. It must be the chain map mod. Their spikes chain between my decoy totem and me. I'm pretty sure if i did this map without decoy totem it would be much easier. Nothing to chain between. Only me.
It might be that.
I really really hate when this happens and it happens pretty often..
So desynched not even /oos works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_zKroyetOY ... and i'm dead. Tried to save myself in a final attempt with vaal cyclone. Didn't work. Still out of sync i guess.

/oos always works for all my other builds. Why does it never work with this build?
Maybe somebody here knows. Flicker strike would be so much more fun if this didn't happen.

Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 7, 2015, 2:15:58 PM
Well my guess is that because you move very fast teleporting to many different locations sometimes traveling more than a screen in a matter of seconds... desync usually occurs when things happen too fast.
So as long as there is desync i don't think that the problems with flicker strike will be fixed .. and it seems like tere will always be desync so ... yeah..
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 7, 2015, 2:48:21 PM
It was to show that the /oos command which i typed twice did nothing. Maybe bug?

The synch is a problem on it's own. From my experience it's best to do short bursts of flickering.
I kinda did it in the video too but i dunno. Sometimes you just get out of sync no matter what.

Build itself rules hehe. Only scary vs dominus boss when he does touch of god, vaal when he does vaal smash and kole when he does kole smash.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jan 7, 2015, 6:18:22 PM
I'm really enjoying this build and I'd like to thank the OP for it. Really good build for new leagues, since Kaom's Primacy sells cheap and you don't need more than a 5-link. On the down side, besides desync, Elreon missions can be a pain with Flicker. Also, no Atziri for us and we all want to kill her, don't we? :) One question: can you guys explain to me how to kill that damn Torture Chamber boss with Flicker Strike?
Last edited by lussiano on Jan 10, 2015, 2:44:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info