[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
lapilesos wrote:
PassiveTree didn't work. Are there some problems with linking or what?

WBR,

lapilesos

Double checked and all passive trees are opening fine for me.. which one doesn't work for you ?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Sorry. looks like it was proxy problems.

Thx for quick replay and quick update of tree ;)

Cheers.
Great Build so far but I'm not sure about Unwavering Stance. I don't think anyone ever stunned me with this Build. 5 points is a lot and I did take the Mana on Kill points. Is Unwavering Stance really necessary?
I was thinking of perhaps using Blind for Flickr Strike so I could use both Armour and Evasion. Wouldn't that work just like Blender?
Well first of all it's not 5 points - it's only 2 because you need all the awesome axe(and some sword ones if you use a sword) nodes near it. I guess it is kind of far away if you use a mace or a staff. Anyway it is not 100% necessairy because you are getting hit rarely and you have high enough life pool so you don't get stunned often/for long duration BUT if you get stunned (and you will at some point) that pretty much means that you are in a hell of a trouble! Using blind gem will reduce your damage by alot.
And as i've said many times :
Less damage > more flickers to kill things > harder to maintain renzy charges > harder to flicker non-stop > getting in the middle of a mob with no frenzy charges > dying more often

You can use BoR i guess ( even if the block chance is wasted unless you use a staff ) But getting capped resistances without a shield and chest and with boots and helmet with no resists is extremely difficult. You'll need to sacrifice damage nodes and taht leads to .. well.. i've alread explained that.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 9, 2014, 10:01:56 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well first of all it's not 5 points - it's only 2 because you need all the awesome axe(and some sword ones if you use a sword) nodes near it.

Yeah you're right, I completely missed that. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I can play without it.
Hello again. I enjoyed making the facebreaker duelist and planning to build another. At the moment, i'm gathering the equipment needed for a new toon. I took a short break, and getting back in gear. And i'm starting out with a bang with ambush league..

It's a fun build, frustrating and super fast clears. The only thing i noticed that I can't handle melee reflect mobs which leads me into insta-death. Hell even strong boxes are iffy being a 2 hander melee = desync death. He's lvl 79 now and the gear is left to be desired.

I'm doing an average of 5 k dmg per hit flicer with with 5.20~ Attack per second. It's pretty fun when you start to smash mobs in piety 1 just click of a button.
Spoiler

Well in order to not get one-shotted vs reflect you need atleast 4000-4500 life. A reason why it is a good idea to use Blood Magic is the ability to use Grace + IR. That will improve your survivability vs. reflect. And last but not least getting some life leech will/life regen will definetly help to sustain your life vs reflect( and in general ) that does not one-shots you.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Mar 12, 2014, 10:15:26 PM
Hey. Really appreciate what you've done for the community. I've played almost all of your builds on the forum and I honestly enjoy breezing through end game maps. I recently started playing with this build of yours and I'm running into a wall kind of a thing.

I'm lvl 31 with 3L flicker/multi/splash & I run oom very quickly. Way too quickly. Should I 4l it with BM now? Or try and get mana regen gear? Cause then that would again drop my dps :/
I was wondering why you get up staff skills. But, you say you prefer/recommend getting axes.
@Aihsritcn

Staff skills? Where!? This is my tree mate .. no staff skills here :

If you mean the Staff skill trees .. well they are for staff users .. i also posted axe/sword/mace skill trees .. maybe you've missed those out and skipped to the last two posted skill trees ^^

@ravenfraust
Thanks mate :)
About the mana - you need a couple of things:
1. Mana leech - this is a must have! No way to deal with the mana without it!
2. Mana flows passive skill
3. If 1. and 2. are not enough you might want to take the 3 5 mana per kill nodes until you switch to blood magic

You can also get a 4L item( that's ... extremely easy.. even vendors sell 4L items) and put a BM gem ... but im not sure if you'll be able to manage the life loss so using mana is better in the early-mid levels

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info