[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Such a general question ... thus so hard to answer.
Kill things to gain experience?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Korgoth, I know that this is a RT build and a crit build would be an entirely different build altogether. I geared for this character previously but only issue was that I couldnt do team play. Do you think a crit build could work with Atziri gloves for instant leech and perhaps Kaom for higher life pool (if we are do with just 1 6L for Flicker on the Axe).

Most of the other crit Flicker builds I see have ~4.5k life which just isn't viable for end game maps.

Thanks.
I'd say that you probably won't be able to successfuly play in a party even with a crit flicker that relies heavily on damage.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hi!

Thanks a lot for this great guide, I made a slayer using this build after last expansion skills reset, so far SO GREAT!
Lvl 90 now, very happy with the clear speed and the "feel" the game gets, so speedy... crazy!
Up to tier 10, possibly 11, I can keep flicker strike only 5l with Item Quantity, clear speed is insane anyway :D Especially when using Lion's Roar... awesome!

I'd love to hear OP's opinion on my gear, with possibly some suggestion on improvements (plz ignore the soon-to-be-rerolled helmet enchantment):

Since I had problems with bosses and/or heavy single targets because of running out of frenzy charges, using frenzy as the only solution, I wasn't satisfied because of low damage, adding multistrike did help with that but kept me standing too much, on piety I often got raybeamed
I then tried a good-old-fashioned cyclone on my Wyrmsign for the free lvl5 Conc, solving the obvious mana issue with BM, it helped me a lot
Funny addiction is the Rampage combo with Daresso's endurance charges gain

As I said I do easily up to tier 10 maps, Korgoth do you think I will have problems with this setup on higher tier maps, say 12/13?

Thx again, flickering out!
Well you shouldn't have problems with tier 12-13 maps with your current setup, of course you could always ditch the IQ gem and use a damage boosting support instead if you find that the damage is not enough.

As for your gear, well obviously your rings and amulet could be better ( better life rolls, better damage related mods etc. ) and of course the enchantments ... but that's not a big deal anyway. Other than that ... i guess the devoto helmet is not the item that i'd personally use for that slot ( no res, no life ) . Speaking about resists i see that you have extremely low res on your gear so that means that you waste points on your tree to cover that up. And of course you could use a good old Taste of Hate and of course a 6L chest. But overall i'd say that your gear is fine.
yup, that's exactly what I do, added fire damage always in inventory ready to be switched in for even more damage
Up to tier 10 btw, I kill everything fast enough, with IQ I get many more maps dropping

Will try to improve jewelry, so far no luck on good mods on my drops and same goes for the helmet, will keep looking!
Resists I think are quite fine, fire is 76 even on lower res maps, cold and light are maxed on normal maps, is it bad? I got around 170f 120c 120l, I thought it was more than ok...

My tree is exactly the one you posted for axe 110 points, only difference in allocation of 1 Fertile Mind jewel on right side of the tree above Fervour, to raise intelligence for some gems I'm leveling
I also took 2 more small life nodes near Marauder start

Life is 4400, is it too low?

Thx again and keep up the amazing work :D
Last edited by KalidhoS on May 4, 2016, 7:16:38 PM
"
KalidhoS wrote:
with IQ I get many more maps dropping

That is not true. The only ting that affects the amounts of maps dropped is the IQ from the map itself. Sadly the amount of IQ that you have on your gear does nothing for map drops.

"
KalidhoS wrote:

Life is 4400, is it too low?

In my opinion - yes, it is a bit low, but that's understandable given your gear choices.
Hello, i tried your build with axe but when i was out of charges at bosses they were one shotting me with 5k life and full ressists. I Changed to Iron reflexes and now with 17k armour (grace n hatred) i survive better in boss fights but i still have problem getting one shotted (like dominus fist). Im at 4836 life, my character is Kolokythokeftes. Any help please?
Well .. post your tree, post your gear and i'll see what i can do.

Though i must ask .. why the hell do you try to facetank well know one-shotters like the dominus touch of god slam attack ? Just you know ... move away ...
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 5, 2016, 8:10:15 AM
Here is my character's gear ( Kolokythokeftes )

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/dionisis00/characters

and here is my skill tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQHcBS0HdQmWEuETTBQgFHEV7BfhGj4hVSFgJvgnICefKS4ppSz7LlMwdzGeNZI5DjrhQzFEnkd-SshM_03jTjJQR1HaU7tZ_loaXhNfP2EhZFJlTWWnaGVuqm87dO108Xasd-N4DXh6eWh673t0fLh82YIHhNmE74VShaeGtIdqiiKK8IzPj2CRzpLQlSSXeaLqplepJ6luqZStja5QsoC18rkdu-29Nr6nv9XAGsCmwQTBo8MzxFjKkM9-02_WWNi92WHZfNrB3D3iYeRR6UbqGOsJ7w7yL_JF8932SPcy-Ov-Cv6P

I dont facetank now, i just want some more survivability for these 1-2 hits that i take the moment that i have to stop flicker strike and use frenzy to regenerate charges and start flicker again. Trash rarely attack me. My only problem are just these one shots that i cant avoid because of some lag spikes. Thanks for your help!!!

PS: Lighting warp and less duration gems in axe are there just because i had free gem slots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info