[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Get rid of the gloves because they overwrite your poacher's mark with temp chains. Then it's a though choice between a better weapon and a 6L daresso chest.

Oh and please add 20% quality to your weapon asap! :D
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Get rid of the gloves because they overwrite your poacher's mark with temp chains. Then it's a though choice between a better weapon and a 6L daresso chest.

Oh and please add 20% quality to your weapon asap! :D

Oh god, how embarassing! yeah, that's 100 physical damage more! :D
So the first thing to update would either be daresso's or axe, the other stuff is ok this far?

Thanks for the rapid response, appreciate it :D
awesome work with this build ^^
Well you should loose the Rat's nest for a rare helmet, but the rings and amulet are ok ( though you could master craft a mod that you need on each one of them ) , the belt is ok for now, the boots are ok, the flasks could use a taste of hate but it is expensive so that one could wait a bit.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Greetings,

First of all thanks a bunch for the great guide. Im just gonna ask for your ideas about my gear,

Thanks a lot

Well ... honestly your gear is great. The only thing that you could get now ( that isn't crazy expensive of course ) is getting 20/20% gems.
Wow, this is an old thread to still be alive! Was really sad when they nerfed Blood Rage so hard -- I'd been counting on it for my flicker build (self-found, but interesting to read another player's perspective on it.) Now I'm finally back online thanks to Ascendancy.

On my part I went gladiator because I don't buy uniques from others very often, don't know the existing unique item options well at all and hadn't thought of using Blasphemy-poachers mark. The extra chance to get charges from that class's frenzy bonus was the saving my character who was otherwise just a 15k ish cyclone-er who performed a rapid flicker every time he came off cyclone (I have cyclone as a backup attack in case I run out of charges.) I'll have to try out multistrike sometime as I also hadn't thought of that. One thing, I don't know for sure if you covered this (I confess, I skimmed) but I think it was Doedre's Elixer -- I don't know how to link items on here -- but it's proven to have interesting utility in this build as it grants a charge of each type. Can be handy when you find you've run out unexpectedly. It refills fast with the slaughter this kind of build hands to enemies and allows you to artificially extend frenzy charge duration (by adding +1 charge) if you hit a dead-end to ensure you'll have enough charges ready for the next pack. It can also instantly trigger your CODT immortal (occasionally) if you know you're going to get hit really hard because it deals self-damage (10% of your life as chaos damage.) Haven't really got the science of that part down yet but it's interesting to contemplate. It would probably trigger more consistantly if I had a bigger life pool and a lot less if I
actually had chaos resistance ;p
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Yes Multistrike i'd say is absolutely mandatory for flicker strike and it always was from the moment it was introduced to PoE ( long before the blood rage nerf ). In any case the BR nerf wasn't as hard as people thought it would be and BR + the blood dance boots are more than enough to generate all the frenzy charges you need.

Now for the Doedre flask. Yes it is a nice way to get a frenzy charge and it has the CWDT interaction but i have 2 problems with it. First you don't really need it for a panic frenzy generator because you can just as easily use a frenzy attack, pressing "2" or pressing the LMB it doesn't really matter. The second problem though ( and it's a deal breaker ) is the fact that these days there are tons of insanely good utility and/or unique flasks and there just isn't enough room for something like the Doedre Flask. Of course that's just my opinion :)
well I don't trade much ;p so I guess that flask will have to do for me for now even tho it's not ideal for others. It just goes to show I could be a lot stronger if I bothered to invest in learning how to trade. Maybe the trading improvements will be incentive enough when they come out. Thanks again for the tips, and I look forward to trying them out next time I'm on.
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Last edited by Grollip on May 3, 2016, 6:03:27 PM
Well as for trading, i myself am not much into trading. I trade rarely and most of the time i just buy things. I must admit though that after the trade improvements i do a lot more selling compared to the times before that ( when i used to sell stuff once every week or two ). But really buying what you need doesn't take any skills that you can't learn in 5-10 mins and it is a game changer.
Hi, any tip on leveling up ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info