What's happening when Anarchy/Onslaught leagues end?

"bound to account"?
I wonder, does any of you that are proposing this "solution" (is not a real solution, its merely a bandaid that doesnt fix the real problem, problem=unbalanced game) give a thought about how this will be implemented?
I mean, yea lets say you can't trade it thru trade window but what stops you from doing the old closed beta drop trade?
How will they make an item undropable from your inventory?
Imo thats not possible.
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 27, 2013, 1:21:29 AM
"
Chris wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
"ok you farmed like a mad cow to pay your Kaom Heart 30 exalts , and now we will nerf it ahahaha... hey why are you leaving the game ????"

Generally speaking, numeric nerfs to items don't apply to old ones.

That's kinda horseshit for anyone who doesn't have one of the "old ones" ...
Is the plan really to make hard to obtain powerful items impossible to obtain but allow the op items to exist on players that have them? The disparity between haves and have nots will increase even more since the have nots will never have...

I think the solution would be for the legacy items to continue to drop unaltered on the legacy leagues and have the new leagues drop new modified versions of the items....
Last edited by H4T3MONG3R on Sep 27, 2013, 1:35:01 AM
"
Mordron wrote:

Perhaps it would make sense to have a (new) permanent league that would not be considered as an elephants burying ground for gone temporary leagues characters but as a boot camp and a haven for people not wanting to start from scratch every few months or wanting to level their characters at a relaxed pace. A league that wouldn't be troubled with any hiccups / cock ups coming from other leagues as an alternative to the current "Standard" one.

this is a good idea.

i thought this was evident and was sure GGG would launch a new permanent league upon release anyway (i was surprised chris didn't mentioned anything like this in the op).

standard should be called legacy after release, and a new standard league should be created (better balanced, fresh economy for newcomers,..)

The same applies to hardcore.

------------------------------------------

i really like the idea of permanent league only uniques! these leagues should really have some good rewards! (so people get more interested in them)
Also they'll be quite memorable this way: "you remember onslaught, the league where shav's ring could drop..?"
that's great.

"

(sorry dunno who stated this anymore, somewhere in the 20s)

All of the games content must be 100% accessible at any time, no matter when you started.

no ofc not! that's what makes / keeps this game interesting.

not anyone has to possess every single unique to be happy for example. (just play single player games, if you need to be the best / most successfull existing person in a given universe / or if you got the feeling anything must be accessible for anyone).
i find it odd so many players are comparing themselves always and only to the best players / or players investing more time, instead of enjoying the game at their own pace and looking at the things they themselves can do.

------------------------------------------

"
Dragwlya wrote:
Not nerfing the old uniques, but nerfing the new drops and making legacy uniques non-tradeable is the best option and I can't really understand what's the big deal about it.

You know what's going to happen?

All the legacy items will go to the standard/hc league. And there isn't really a problem with that, as long as they aren't tradeable. People will keep on grinding to get the BiS possible for their build or keep making builds around the uniques that are possible for them to have. I never made my builds around Kaom's or Shavronne's, nor I ever minded that people who farmed like hell got them. And what do you know, I still think this game is awesome and I still love to play it. Those items are godly, yeah, but they aren't what makes this game fun. Is it possible to play CI without Shavronne's, health without Kaom's and bow without Lionseye's? Yes to all of them. Of course, people with the "legacy" version will do it better than you, but what's wrong with that as long as you can do it too? Just see it as a reward for working hard during beta, a time that people weren't sure they would keep their items, but farmed for them nonetheless.

You know what's going to change if these legacy items still exist when the game launches? Nothing. People will keep farming, making builds, dying, starting over (in some leagues), but a very selective few will be able to do it better than you. What's the big deal about it? Are you so arrogant as to think that someone can't, or shouldn't, do things better than you, period? I'm really sorry, but if it's competitive play you want, the standard league, and the hardcore league to some degree, are the last places you should be.

All in all, I'm excited about the launch and really happy about the changes in game so far.

Plus we, the users, have greater worries than legacy items. The life vs ES debate and desync being the most important right now imho.

+1

IGN PPPPanddddaPPPPanicccc

still waiting for that 'Chris Wilson-director's cut' version

oh wait, I finally got it. Thanks team!
Last edited by Pr0p4g4nd4p4nd4 on Sep 27, 2013, 2:03:47 AM
"
mobutu wrote:
"bound to account"?
I wonder, does any of you that are proposing this "solution" (is not a real solution, its merely a bandaid that doesnt fix the real problem, problem=unbalanced game) give a thought about how this will be implemented?
I mean, yea lets say you can't trade it thru trade window but what stops you from doing the old closed beta drop trade?
How will they make an item undropable from your inventory?
Imo thats not possible.

By turning them to green items for instance... but indeed, this would be a half solution.
You don't need solution where there isnt any problem. You need to balance where ranking and challenges are, nothing else. Having legacy Kaom with 1k hp and Kaom with 800 hp in Std is everything but a problem. ( maybe ego or jealousy issues though )

I would just like to avoid any speculation around that so "bound to account" is necessary. ( can be unbounded with a divine )
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Sep 27, 2013, 7:24:12 AM
"
Malone wrote:
Having legacy Kaom with 1k hp and Kaom with 800 hp in Std is everything but a problem.

1k_kaom = overpowered = unbalanced = problem

"
Malone wrote:
You need to balance where ranking and challenges are

I guess its no surprise that standard league has rankings
"
mobutu wrote:

1k_kaom = overpowered = unbalanced = problem

Sorry but this is meaningless. Anyway 1K Kaom is not overpowered. hp vs ES is today the issue, not Kaom.

"
Malone wrote:
You need to balance where ranking and challenges are

I guess its no surprise that standard league has rankings
[/quote]

Yeah, we all remember how GGG commented the first lvl 100 in Std. O wait...
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
1K Kaom is not overpowered.

If so, then why do they feel the need of introducing 800kaom? Why not 1200kaom? Why not let it as it is now at 1000?
If kaom as it is now is so properly "balanced" then why do they feel the need of "correcting" it?
Obvious answer: because its overpowered = unbalanced = problem
Its so hard to follow logic/commonsense
Last edited by mobutu on Sep 27, 2013, 9:15:42 AM
Lulzy discussion

My opinion: Either GGG global nerfs all rebalanced uniques OR dont nerf. Simple.

Global Nerfing Pros:
New Players will be on Par (Equal chances whatever, seems right to be on launch of game.)

Old Players that don't have Kaoms or whatever uniques won't rage.

New Players Won't rage.

New Players feel more fair to the game. Since race esclusives are really out of reach for them.

Rage will only last for 1 week or so.

New players will be happy since they don't get left out in uneven footing.

Old players wont feel bad if all their uniques get rebalanced.(No unfair stuffs)

Note pros have the wellfare of new players in mind. In conjunction with Release!

Cons:

Players paying 50 exalts for kaoms will rage. (LULZY TIMEZ)

Players with 50 Kaoms will rage.

Players Profitting from Kaoms will rage.

Everyone with kaoms will rage for a week or so.

Spam complaints incoming.

Note all cons affect ONLY old players! :D

Overall: Either do a global nerf or don't do a global nerf.

I think legacy items should be classified as legacy items from other leagues and races such as ana/ons. Not making them a legacy in standard. Just my tree fiddy!

Cheers people!

PS: WTB 20/20 Anti-Flame shell

Build:
- DzSz's Pillar : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2524656
Last edited by DeathzStalkerz on Sep 27, 2013, 11:28:29 AM
"
Malone wrote:
You don't need solution where there isnt any problem. You need to balance where ranking and challenges are, nothing else. Having legacy Kaom with 1k hp and Kaom with 800 hp in Std is everything but a problem. ( maybe ego or jealousy issues though )

I would just like to avoid any speculation around that so "bound to account" is necessary. ( can be unbounded with a divine )

People like yourself who don't plan to level up nor play characters in Standard league don't consider having several versions of items mixed up as a problem... on the other hand, people who do intend to play in Standard league don't share that view of yours.

By the way, why do the people who don't intend to play in Standard league as it is sooo crappy et all, feel so concerned with what happens to objects in a league they despise as they would no longer use them ? Quite baffling...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info