New 0.11.6 Content and a Research Survey

"
Josephoenix wrote:
questions 15 and 16 of the survey are just...wrong... no other words for it.

In suppose I should add: This is in my opinion".

I don't think that a "player" should be able to pay a measly sum of money (anything under the ruler pack) to add anything to the game (uniques are excluded in this opinion as GGG receives a good amount of money and have FINAL say on the item <--- very important). And even then, I'm not sure it's okay. GGG developed PoE and should have final say on anything AND everything put into the game.

It's nice that they listen to our feedback etc... but I believe it's not for us to say "GGG should/will change their game, because I gave them $20 (an example used in the survey)".

If anything questions 15 & 16 should have an option (answer) that simply states:

The amount of monetary support I provide/donate to GGG should not influence how GGG designs Path of Exile.

I reiterate, this is just my opinion.

I agree with you. I had trouble answering question 15 because I don't think it makes any sense for a company to do such a thing, and I don't think it's appropriate from a player's point of view. It will ruin a game. Question 16 falls in line with those $1,000+ packs so I feel it's not a bad question.

But in the end, the real purpose and use of the questions may not be how we interpret them to be. So I still picked answers that are closest to what I feel.
IGN: MinusFour/Teeda
Filled out the survey. Here's hoping your research turns out well, Czech dude.
Yup.
Voluntary surveys are useful to an extent, but they can distort the views of the PoE community as a whole. People who feel more strongly about PoE (in a good or bad way) are probably more likely to fill out the survey than others. Their survey submissions will provide some information, but it won't be an accurate representation of the opinions of all active players (and players on break who still care to look at forums and updates).

I suggest that you implement the survey into the login page so that players must answer the survey to play. It will give everyone an inclination to complete the survey. You may also include the option of "I decline to take this survey" for those players who don't wish to share their thoughts. This way, we can also collect information about the number of players who declined versus those who completed the survey, and possibly draw connections to the types of players who answered/declined the survey.

Anyway, just what I think. I for one will only answer the survey if I have to. Even if I'm quite active and have thoughts about the game, I'm not interested in filling out the survey. (See what I mean?)
Last edited by mimivirus on Sep 20, 2013, 1:57:30 AM
"
Voluntary surveys are useful to an extent, but they can distort the views of the PoE community as a whole. People who feel more strongly about PoE (in a good or bad way) are probably more likely to fill out the survey than others. Their survey submissions will provide some information, but it won't be an accurate representation of the opinions of all active players (and players on break who still care to look at forums and updates).

I suggest that you implement the survey into the login page so that players must answer the survey to play. It will give everyone an inclination to complete the survey. You may also include the option of "I decline to take this survey" for those players who don't wish to share their thoughts. This way, we can also collect information about the number of players who declined versus those who completed the survey, and possibly draw connections to the types of players who answered/declined the survey.

Anyway, just what I think. I for one will only answer the survey if I have to. Even if I'm quite active and have thoughts about the game, I'm not interested in filling out the survey. (See what I mean?)

answering the survey would've taken you less time than it took to write this post.

as for the bolded aspect of your post... seriously? Seems rather "unsupportive" of GGG imo
nice survey, was happy to fill it
"
You do not support just to take over.

Doesn't being a Ruler suggest having overtaken someone or something?
IGN: Aux
Last edited by Aux on Sep 20, 2013, 2:07:37 AM
"
Josephoenix wrote:
answering the survey would've taken you less time than it took to write this post.

as for the bolded aspect of your post... seriously? Seems rather "unsupportive" of GGG imo

This isn't about me, I only served as an example. I support GGG, but I'm not going to answer surveys until they force feed it to me. The first two paragraphs in my initial post should have explained this and how to approach the issue.
good news as always
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
"
Josephoenix wrote:

This isn't about me, I only served as an example. I support GGG, but I'm not going to answer surveys until they force feed it to me. The first two paragraphs in my initial post should have explained this and how to approach the issue.

You would just click the button to not take the survey so what's the point?
IGN: Aux
"
Aux wrote:
"
You do not support just to take over.

Doesn't being a Ruler suggest having overtaken someone or something?

Don't kid yourself, he's always been in charge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info