New 0.11.6 Content and a Research Survey

"
Mythicpoe wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
ghymini wrote:
So, you took away Wrath, Anger, and Hatred auras then you replace them with microtransaction aura effects. I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

Bring back the original auras as an optional setting and then I wouldn't have a problem with the microtransaction aura effects.

as long as I can have an option to disable them in a party. Meaning the old disco ones. Sure. Those things were horrid.

Dont want to see them in a party I start.

But you're fine with seeing razor footprints? or do you want a personal setting for that aswell, sweetheart?

no. I kick them as well.
just finished the survey, hope it helps.

PoE is a great game and i enjoy it quite a bit. i love the developers approach, i love the community, and i love it when new content comes out. (but i HATE the razer footprints. what's next? coca-cola foot prints?)

the economy is this game is great. it's kind of a challenge to understand when you're just getting started, but it ends up being a really rewarding experience. i'm hooked.

GGG is doing a great job, and i hope my input on this survey can aid them in someway.

(and i'd like to repeat, that i HATE the razer footprints. i think it compromises the integrity of the game. but that is the only thing about poe that i strongly dislike.)
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
Nycro wrote:
Endurance charge on melee stun? Is that the best melee buff you could come up with after all this time waiting?

Still absolutely nothing on major buffs for life and major nerfs to low-life.

You removed the cool aura effects for shitty ones under the terrible excuse of "improving performance" and proceeded to release microtransactions to make auras cool again rather than giving us the option to have original auras.

You're beginning to let yourself become a billboard for gaming gear companies.

You're releasing blatantly overpowered uniques like Soul Taker, Rainbowstride, Auxium, etc., when most of the old uniques had a downside and weren't instantly a best in slot over any rare item you can possibly find. I'm okay with overpowered leveling items, but items this ridiculously good with zero downsides being available at endgame is just stupid.

Desync is so awful for melee that when I tried to come back to PoE and start a Reave character it would take me 3-4 attacks to kill a mob that I kill in one hit.

Very disappointed with you recently GGG. I loved you guys in Closed Beta but it seems to me like you're falling away from your company's old plans for the game. I hope you can address some of the ancient issues with this game by the time it officially launches, if you can't I'm out.

Take you chill pill buddy or go get a hug
"
Makadon wrote:
"
15. I would be willing to pay the following amount of money to have a simple idea of mine (such as item/skill changes) implemented into Path of Exile.

That was very concerning.

Sounded a lot like pay2win to me.
This is for someones thesis. This survey is not an official path of exile survey. This guy just wants to see want people are willing to spend, for what, and their reactions to it towards the devs.

Chillax.
Same example as totem and minions resist support you could do Endurance Charge on Melee Stun and/or when you block linked to tempest shield , i have seen many witches to cast enduring cry to get some more defenses also could help melee block builds with shield.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
ghymini wrote:
So, you took away Wrath, Anger, and Hatred auras then you replace them with microtransaction aura effects. I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

Bring back the original auras as an optional setting and then I wouldn't have a problem with the microtransaction aura effects.

as long as I can have an option to disable them in a party. Meaning the old disco ones. Sure. Those things were horrid.

Dont want to see them in a party I start.

You think they were horrid. I think they were fantastic. My computer never had a problem with them and I thought they looked cool. Regardless, I believe we can agree on one thing: make the old auras optional per user.
I never had a problem with them either, performance wise. I just dont think their art style fit the game.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I never had a problem with them either, performance wise. I just dont think their art style fit the game.

I liked the art style of some of the old auras, but my computer definitely struggled with all the graphics loads of POE. With the new optimisiation, it would be nice if they let the players choose whether to show the auras under the graphics options just like choosing to show shadows and so on.

As far as microtransactions go, the skulls look good I suppose if someone likes that style, but I think there should be some other options (maybe a swirling snowstorm for hatred?). The auras don't always have to rotate either, they could be some kind of shifting area effect or even an inky shadow around the character.

I do think that even with the microtransaction auras, there should be an option to limit or turn them off for those players whose machines are struggling with POE.

As far as the survey goes, I agree with others that questions 15 and 16 needed another choice for the answers. I like the fact that GGG stays aware of what the players are saying, but I'd always prefer that our ideas remain suggestions and that GGG only implemented them if they made sense for the whole of POE considering balance, long term design etc.

Looking forward to the new stuff!

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
For the survey questions 15 & 16, I agree somewhat with Charan and others. When answering them myself, however, I treated #16 more as "If/When GGG allows people to purchase private leagues, how much would you be willing to pay for X?"

My answer assumed, of course, that this was e.g. an amount per person who joined the private league...in that case, it makes some sense.

In any other case I can think of (especially as regards the core game), I agree with most of the above comments. PoE is a lot of fun, and I wouldn't want it to be possible for people to pay some (relatively small) amount of money to make a significant change to the game that people couldn't at least opt out of (i.e. as a new league).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info