Well-dressed Exile Competition

"
barathrus wrote:
Supporter packs, as a reward. If that doesn't defeat the purpose I don't know what does.

Well the majority of winners are those who've amassed a considerable wardrobe of uniques to choose from, so handing out supporter packs to people with a lot of playtime or who've spent a lot on skin transfers and consmetics is close enough.
"
Alfabetica wrote:
"
barathrus wrote:
Supporter packs, as a reward. If that doesn't defeat the purpose I don't know what does.

Well the majority of winners are those who've amassed a considerable wardrobe of uniques to choose from, so handing out supporter packs to people with a lot of playtime or who've spent a lot on skin transfers and consmetics is close enough.

I believe his point stems from the idea that people who have enough GGGold to use on skin transfers and enter this competition are likely to already have a supporter pack anyway.
"
Pulsahr wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The competition has a variety of prizes ranging from points packs to Divine/Exalted supporter packs

Well, I'm note sure this is a good thing. To be honest, I find it clearly unfair. Those packs should be exclusive to those who has purchased them.
I don't own any of those packs, and I feel I shouldn't posess one without purchasing it.

Giving some stuff to winner like pets should be ok, but not the most amazing part of the pack, that wouldn't be fair to those who had purchased the pack(s).

Just my point of view.

THIS!!!!!

Last pack ive bought if it stays that way!
Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Sep 12, 2013, 5:33:27 AM
Are we allowed several submissions? I have quite the merry band of well dressed alts..

And in response to some of the above posters, first off time spent in the game isn't the same as money spent. There are plenty of people who've played as long as anyone without a supporter pack. Wealth amassed ingame isn't proportionate to money spent supporting it. Secondly, what do skin transfers have to do with this? It's not a competition for stats, you don't need to show off your character in action -- equip white 1 socket crap and whatever just for the screenshot; getting skin transfers in no way benefits anyone entering the competition. Comps like this are a bit of fun, let's not complain just for the sake of complaining, mmkay?
IGN: Noveria / Moonraze / Wunderbaum
Last edited by Shmn on Sep 12, 2013, 5:33:51 AM
i have a question about the exile thing:
will it be still possible to encounter exiles in the unique map "Vaults of Atziri"?
Should be rly annoying if ur playing Hardcore and u go in naked xD
"
Shmn wrote:
Are we allowed several submissions? I have quite the merry band of well dressed alts..

And in response to some of the above posters, first off time spent in the game isn't the same as money spent. There are plenty of people who've played as long as anyone without a supporter pack. Wealth amassed ingame isn't proportionate to money spent supporting it. Secondly, what do skin transfers have to do with this? It's not a competition for stats, you don't need to show off your character in action -- equip white 1 socket crap and whatever just for the screenshot; getting skin transfers in no way benefits anyone entering the competition. Comps like this are a bit of fun, let's not complain just for the sake of complaining, mmkay?

Divine/Exalted supporter packs - thats like kicking your most loyal fans in the face...with steel boots...
Exiled for Eternity
"
smartybarty wrote:

Divine/Exalted supporter packs - thats like kicking your most loyal fans in the face...with steel boots...

with razer effect on them :P

Seriously, nothing else to complain about? Contest helps to promote PoE with a set of great looking screenshots, and most importantly its FUN.
Skin transfers were a GREAT idea, also contest will help many players in getting ideas for customizing the looks of their characters, which is FUN :)
IGN: Avlee
I'm really into this competition. if I win I'll ask for the account name of someone who participated in the contest, had a positive post history, and mabye a few other secret metrics to donate the pack to. I think being a diamond supporter could be a huge help ( off set by the community's desire to give the pack to those who don't have) and if we are allowed to donate then it can be purely about how the character looks, and not any other attendant concerns like wealth of the costumer.

I do think the winner(s) should get a forum title like my alpha tag that says "best dressed". Or best dressed 2013 - since it will be run once a year !
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
avlee wrote:
"
smartybarty wrote:

with razer effect on them :P

Seriously, nothing else to complain about? Contest helps to promote PoE with a set of great looking screenshots, and most importantly its FUN.
Skin transfers were a GREAT idea, also contest will help many players in getting ideas for customizing the looks of their characters, which is FUN :)

You're getting the wrong idea i have NO problem what so ever with the competition, I applaud it!
It's just a big NONO concerning the supporter packs as a price!
I don't mind them making special supporter packs like another post here with titles like best dressed or something just don't put us loyal supporters on the same hight as a drag-queen...
Exiled for Eternity
"
smartybarty wrote:

You're getting the wrong idea i have NO problem what so ever with the competition, I applaud it!
It's just a big NONO concerning the supporter packs as a price!
I don't mind them making special supporter packs like another post here with titles like best dressed or something just don't put us loyal supporters on the same hight as a drag-queen...

Oy, mate. You seem to be making a bit far-fetched comparisons here. Or just trolling me a little. Wether you support with buying big packs, or with just devoting your time and attention (and some money when you can spare it), you are supporting the game. Devoting some attention and time to creating a truly unique look from the available set of items and microtransation effects is certainly praise-worthy (and has a decent promotional value as well).

But perhaps you have a point - Exalted and Eternal titles are not enough, they denote mostly financial support :P Perhaps forum titles of 'best dressed 2013, 2nd best dressed 2013' are indeed a better and more appropriate. (although I still believe there's nothing wrong with winners getting the points and benefits of supporter packs due to promotional value of their entries!)
IGN: Avlee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info