What the HELL are you doing GGG?!?!

"
DS_Deadman wrote:
"
SpectralSlice wrote:
I for one think the changing trends are telling. Before aside from the loot system, latency, and a few other things you almost never seen a negative thread here. Now they are coming up more and more frequently... And most of them have a point.

People are recognizing that the dev team is moving further away from a good game and reacting.

What are they reacting to in this regard? This was setting it as planned, not reacting to complaints.

Personally I think you are way off on that.

As far as more complaints being posted, that will grow as the amount of people coming from other games grows. They expect things in this game to be like they were in other games.

It isn't just the aura thing. That's just the latest problem. Suddenly nerfing many different abilities is also a significant factor.

Say what you will about the Blizzard forums but ultimately they're such a negative place because the game gives them plenty of reasons to be negative and I am seeing the same really start happening here.

Though about auras... given that if you are using one active attack skill you are not using any others at the same instant is anyone really surprised people figured out the best model is around two different attack skills, then the rest some form of support skill (curse/aura/totem...)? Putting the auras on a switch slot was simply the natural progression of this idea.
FFA loot = single player game.

"I'm sorry I steal all the things, it's the only way I know how to say I love you." - a FFA looter.
Some people seem to not understand the point that they were never supposed to run a ton of auras without any tradeoff in gemslots and/or skillbar places. Start to accept the decision between having another active skill or another aura. And no, why do you keep complaining about 'lack of gameplay flow' - rather be happy that you still have an exploiting way to activate all the auras (i hope this gets fixed as well) and be happy about the change that auras now carry over instance borders!
Hardcore Theorycrafter
"
TPxErebus wrote:
Some people seem to not understand the point that they were never supposed to run a ton of auras without any tradeoff in gemslots and/or skillbar places. Start to accept the decision between having another active skill or another aura. And no, why do you keep complaining about 'lack of gameplay flow' - rather be happy that you still have an exploiting way to activate all the auras (i hope this gets fixed as well) and be happy about the change that auras now carry over instance borders!

Not nearly enough negative input, please delete your post Sir!

Seriously though, I agree with the comments above, the game is still being tweaked and tuned. Did you really think running half a dozen aura 's was intended?

Edit*

Comment on the comparison to the D3 forums. Do you think having a thread titled "What the HELL are you doing GGG?!?!" helps with civil discussion and feedback?
SOTWGUILD.COM
Last edited by Synner on Sep 24, 2012, 5:03:05 PM
I just state it on every of those thread i come by: Great change they did. I like it!

Incredible, how many people here actually have secret insider knowledge, so they know how everything is supposed to be and work like...

As a slight comparison, in d3 forums, people tend to whine/troll all the time, but it is really different here, people just assume they know everything and post even without reading more than the threads title.

So where d3 is full of little children, it is wannabe snobs here, very interesting...

:D
It was not a nerf, you can't nerf something in a beta. It was a rebalance or bug fix. Now, if the rebalance or bug fix is a bad thing is debateable. I don't find it to be bad, I think it's a good thing, it makes you make meaningful choices now, instead of stacking as many auras as you could maintain and still have a full suite of attack skills.
Last edited by ghostcub on Sep 24, 2012, 5:58:10 PM
I feel somewhat silly asking people in a thread with such an...exciting title to keep it civil, but that's what I'm doing anyway. :)

Especially you, OP.

I would urge everyone to try to think a little more broadly about these changes. The game is not 'out' yet and many of the tweaks and experiments GGG conduct (at our expense, sometimes -- this IS what you signed up for, beta testers!) are done not with us in mind but with the players who have yet to experience the game.

Those who will not say 'why don't my auras persist when I switch my weapons!?' because they'll never know that once it worked that way, even though it's entirely likely this was something GGG intended to fix and...actually did fix.

Feedback is always welcome, always. It doesn't have to be taken on board, and most of it won't affect the game in the slightest. But good, well-constructed feedback has a far higher chance of making it to the right ears than threads that reveal emotional investment in their title and fail to sufficiently and objectively express the feedback. Such threads come off less as feedback and more as complaints.

Does this forum need a complaints board?

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Taipion wrote:
people here actually have secret insider knowledge

Chris and at least one other dev mentioned this as an unintended feature, on these same forums, over the last few months. That auras remaining active without being equipped wasn't intended. And that devs were thinking about whether or not it needed to be changed.

There's the "secret insider" knowledge.

It sure was convenient, but it took me about 5 minutes to figure out which gems I could sacrifice to keep my auras active.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Sep 24, 2012, 6:32:47 PM
"
Sairven wrote:
Funny.

I always thought it was bad that you COULD activate auras on an offset and keep them when you switch weapons sets.

well you can do this but you have to put the auras on your main gear that don't change. so not sure why hes upset.

seems he hasn't thought it out really. the change was needed and alot of us were complaining about it.The second slot is more or less your backpack when not being used?? and i believe to the fact of skill gem leveling in the off set is on the to be fixed list as well..

Chris
"
Charan wrote:

Does this forum need a complaints board?

Yes please. Limit complaints with no feed back to a specific board, brilliant. Also might diminish my trollish tendencies when I see a title like this thread has.

/ after complaints board

"What the HELL GGG! I'm complaining about the complaint board!!"

SOTWGUILD.COM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info