What the HELL are you doing GGG?!?!

Q.Q srsly it was never intended this way... deal with it! It's only beta
Hardcore Theorycrafter
"
SpectralSlice wrote:
I for one think the changing trends are telling. Before aside from the loot system, latency, and a few other things you almost never seen a negative thread here. Now they are coming up more and more frequently... And most of them have a point.

People are recognizing that the dev team is moving further away from a good game and reacting.

I strongly agree!
My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
"
SpectralSlice wrote:
I for one think the changing trends are telling. Before aside from the loot system, latency, and a few other things you almost never seen a negative thread here. Now they are coming up more and more frequently... And most of them have a point.

People are recognizing that the dev team is moving further away from a good game and reacting.

What are they reacting to in this regard? This was setting it as planned, not reacting to complaints.

Personally I think you are way off on that.

As far as more complaints being posted, that will grow as the amount of people coming from other games grows. They expect things in this game to be like they were in other games.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Did anyone actually realise that i am not complaining about something that was "nerfed", but about a straight downgrade in convenience and game-flow,...
"
TPxErebus wrote:
Q.Q srsly it was never intended this way... deal with it! It's only beta

Not only beta. A CLOSED beta!

People should all ready know that things like this are going to happen. It's absolutely inevitable. We're all just a bunch of lab rats going through the machinations of mad scientists prior to their creation being unleashed upon the world at large.

"
SpectralSlice wrote:

This game is a very niche game. It's going to be free-to-play for that reason. People who are looking for what this game has to offer will undoubtedly pour money into the game. The ones who are put off will simply not bother and eventually go to the next game.

The devs are doing what they want to do with their game. Of course we're gonna be unsatisfied with some things. There are things which we SHOULD be unsatisfied about. Chris is most likely chuckling at all the crying about this exploit finally getting addressed.

What I hope is that they're starting to learn about how bad it is to hold off on things for so long. Things such as this fix and the upcoming resistances change.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
Taipion wrote:
Did anyone actually realise that i am not complaining about something that was "nerfed", but about a straight downgrade in convenience and game-flow,...

I get what you mean but it did take me a few times re-reading before I understood that
My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
"
metisuneatn wrote:
"
Taipion wrote:

I get what you mean but it did take me a few times re-reading before I understood that

Good! :D

Though most who have posted here, did not take the time to read...
"
Taipion wrote:
So why do these gems, that you dont use, get exp then?

Cause thats a very minor effect - I expect this to be also solved when its time to do.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Taipion wrote:

Cause thats a very minor effect - I expect this to be also solved when its time to do.

Although it would be pointless to have a specialized switch if it didn't get XP while you grind. Your specialized set would be stuck perpetually at level 15. If you're 6-linking, that'd make your general set probably better than your specialized set.

No, I'm pretty sure switch gems are getting XP, and this is intentional.

And Taipon, despite what you say, I'm still interpreting this as a complaint that GGG broke your build. How is "game flow" compromised, when I only have to cast my auras once per session? This way is less meta than before. Even if only from your overall tone.

Add 4 smaller hotbar buttons, without the option to have keybinds applied to them. I think, to eliminate the meta entirely, four click-only skillbinds would do. Arrange them in a 2x2 square directly next to the microtransaction stash. Make them very small. This would be our "aura bar". The way auras work currently, there's absolutely no reason for us to need keybinds on them. And I think it'd be very difficult to have more than 3 auras in any build now.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Sep 24, 2012, 3:42:17 PM
"
Zakaluka wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Taipion wrote:

Although it would be pointless to have a specialized switch if it didn't get XP while you grind. Your specialized set would be stuck perpetually at level 15. If you're 6-linking, that'd make your general set probably better than your specialized set.

No, I'm pretty sure switch gems are getting XP, and this is intentional.

And Taipon, despite what you say, I'm still interpreting this as a complaint that GGG broke your build. How is "game flow" compromised, when I only have to cast my auras once per session? This way is less meta than before. Even if only from your overall tone.

Add 4 smaller hotbar buttons, without the option to have keybinds applied to them. I think, to eliminate the meta entirely, four click-only skillbinds would do. Arrange them in a 2x2 square directly next to the microtransaction stash. Make them very small. This would be our "aura bar". The way auras work currently, there's absolutely no reason for us to need keybinds on them. And I think it'd be very difficult to have more than 3 auras in any build now.

Oh you could still have a lot more than 3 auras running.

And, they did not "break" my build, I play a summoner for the sole reason of relaxed gameplay, so i dont care for 100% best dps and killspeed, I am fine with 80-90% if it means that I got all the time I want to search through the loot while my minions do the job.
This particular change did not really effect my dps or so.

Still, it was stupid what they did, and it does not feel right as it is now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info