Let Us Craft The Ultimate Ring

"
CookieVortex wrote:
My ultimate ring would be like that: (Life ranger)

Prismatic ring or gold ring

+79 Life
+6-72 Lightning dmg
+16% all res
+20% IIQ
+50% IIR (24%+26%)

Attack speed from Suffix doesn't sound well to me, it's only 7% (2 small skill points), many Suffixes seem to be underpowered, like IAS or cold/fire/light % damage or cast speed. Best suffixes are resistance rolls, accuracy rating (for some builds), stats (for some builds especially if you miss them) and mana regen (for some builds), MF suffixes look superior to me. On the other hand almost all prefixes could be very good depends on build.

PS. WED prefix is good if you don't have any nodes which increases elemental damage (like projectile damage), if you have many of them, I'm quite sure flat ele damage would be always better (exluding some builds which convert 100% of PD to elemental).

That would be damn nice.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
MF and Q are incredibly pointless to craft on any half decent ring.

1. Base Max Life, (Virile Roll) which gives 70-79 Life.
2. Weapon Elemental Damage, (Unleashed Roll), 31-36 WED
3. Base Added Lightning Damage, (Electrocuting Roll), 7-72 Lighting Damage

Suffixes:
1. Base Resist All Elements, (of the Rainbow Roll), 15-16 All Resists
2. Base Chaos Resistance, (of the Exile), 26-30 Chaos Resistance or 45 of one resist (chaos is relatively rare)
3. Attack Speed %, (of skill), 5-7% Attack Speed or 45 of one resist (attack speed is ridiculous rare)

I think it should be possible with 100 exalt but like 6 linking it could take 200 or 2000.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
MF and Q are incredibly pointless to craft on any half decent ring.

3. Base Added Lightning Damage, (Electrocuting Roll), 7-72 Lighting Damage

Suffixes:
2. Base Chaos Resistance, (of the Exile), 26-30 Chaos Resistance or 45 of one resist (chaos is relatively rare)
3. Attack Speed %, (of skill), 5-7% Attack Speed or 45 of one resist (attack speed is ridiculous rare)

I think it should be possible with 100 exalt but like 6 linking it could take 200 or 2000.

6 linking a ring... hmm
I read that too, but then re-read to see this

"I think it should be possible with 100 exalt, but like 6 linking, it could take 200 or 2000."
"
Guioki wrote:
I read that too, but then re-read to see this

"I think it should be possible with 100 exalt, but like 6 linking, it could take 200 or 2000."

ah, punctuation is a wonderful thing.
I'm pretty sure it's going to take WAY more than 100 exalts, nevertheless I'm very interested in your results because I've had this idea for a dagger for a while now. GL to you and keep us updated.
PS Hope you know which are the "hard" and "easy" mods beforehand if that's indeed how this stuff works.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
MasterCard wrote:
3. Base Added Lightning Damage, Arcing Roll, 1-43 Lighting Damage

Suffixes:
2. Base Chaos Resistance, (of the Exile), 26-30 Chaos Resistance
3. Attack Speed %, (of Ease), 8-10% Attack Speed
You're doing it wrong.

1. IIR
2. Don't give a fuck, life I guess? maybe ES?
3. Don't give a fuck. No really... do not care at all.

1. IIQ
2. IIR
3. Don't give a fuck, maybe all resistances
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 3, 2013, 6:01:06 PM
Why would anyone who has progressed past to this point care about mf or iq?
The ultimate ring...

Lets see, if you need the ultimate ring then let's assume all your other gear is ultimate.

Now let's look at your current choices - not based on how strong they are. We will get to that later. Look at them based on how much of it you can get and where - we will assume everything is rare, not unique.

1) Life. You can get life on every single slot. It's an abundant stat.

2) Flat ES/Evasion/Armour. You can get it automatically as an "intrinsic" on any armour piece (depending on base type), and jewelery pieces can get it in small quantities. Amulets can roll a percentage.

3) Weapon Elemental Damage. Can be obtained on weapons, quivers, amulets, rings, and belts.

4) Flat Added Damage. Weapons, amulets, rings, gloves (small quantities), quivers (quantities).

5) Rarity. Rarity is helms, amulets, rings, gloves as both prefixes and suffixes, as well as being an intrinsic of an amulet and a ring type.

These are the main ones people look for with prefixes. One thing that should strike you immediately is that jewelry pieces tend to have the ability to roll both offensive and defensive stats, but armour pieces can often just roll defensively.

This biases you towards the offensive stats already, again assuming you have "ultimate" gear. With all those perfect armour pieces you have, you should be able to attain incredibly high survivability unless there is a problem with your skill tree.

So me personally, for a ring...I would automatically strike off life, and flat ES/armour/evasion as possibilities for an ULTIMATE ring.

The suffixes would be similar. I would forego all-resist completely - and if I really needed the resists I would trade the coral for a prismatic because 12 all-resist is much harder to get than 30 life...But again, you shouldn't, you have "ultimate" gear!!

And even now that we know the ring is going to be offensively oriented, the exact rolls that accomplish this will depend on the build you are using. If you are a spellcaster, attack speed won't do anything and that's just an easy example.

Here would be AN ultimate ring for an LA user, but it would only be possible in softcore (or anarchy until it ends). A caster ring, or really ultimate ring for any particular build, would look different.

Diamond Ring
+30% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
+3 - 72 Lightning Damage
+17 - 40 Cold Damage
+36% increased Weapon Elemental Damage
+7% increased Attack Speed
+400 Accuracy Rating
+12% increased Lightning Damage

Drool. Do you have any idea what that would do for my damage? =p

Also:
"
MasterCard wrote:
3. Base Added Lightning Damage, Arcing Roll, 1-43 Lighting Damage

1-43 is not the max. 3 - 72 is the max for rings. Here's one of mine, still not max tho.

Last edited by tikitaki on Sep 3, 2013, 7:14:22 PM
12% lightning dmg i think would be marginal and accuracy is worthless for RT users.

the main question is if 79 life > 1 ele roll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info