Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
I don't understand this QQ about the old auras. They just make everything look like a mess especially when in a full party with multiple auras and in battle with all the other pretty pixel stuff, it gets visually disctracting and confusing.

Ugh. Info overload. Tacky.FTL ....................................Nice and neat. Boring? FTW

Anyway: Aura Riot thread over here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/320048/page/1

Reminder to mods: other aura qq threads were locked. The link above is the official Aura QQ thread.

TBH the right one looks decently awesome - after about half a dozen auras applied. The left one does look slightly weird but at least I'd know where my friggn character is (wearing all that brown armour on brown background - yeah yeah I know it's in the middle of the screen thanks).
I'm all in for a toggle.

New Anger looks - er - boring. Dunno - floaty demony skull on fire. Whatever...

New support gem? I'll be full of whoopsies and non-exitement till the information about it is slightly more accurate then "we gonna dd something".

EDIT:
Dunno what you played this game on but I play this game on a Intel graphics solution laptop. You know the thing where GPU calcualtions are made by the CPU next to the CPU calculations? Yeah that, reaaaaaaaaaaaaal bad performance. Never had any problems with Auras...
then again I never ran with 3 Summoners all auras up - must be one boring game to play in the first place and a repetitive lightshow to watch in the second.
Last edited by SirCookiemon on Aug 23, 2013, 4:26:26 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
colssanio wrote:
Speaking of Microtransactions...can GGG post the type of item the helmet transactions are on the shop so that we know when we're buying them which ones can be combined and which cannot (rather than only being able to see it after purchase)? I.E. helmet effect vs. helmet attachment.

Iron Maiden, Skull Hood and Demon King Horns all replace your helmet art, and can be layered with other microtransaction effects.

Thanks for the reply, but I was searching more for an indication in the shop itself, rather than an answer in a forum post that others may not know about (or continue to question new microtransations' combinability).
"
Kvazz wrote:
I'm amazed so many people complained about this aura stuff....
I just... ugh -_-

New aura thingy looks awesome, and new support-gem is gonna be awesome!

I complain because ITS NOT AN AURA, its a skull flying around your charackter. This
has nothing to do with an aura for me.

I loved the old ones, i accept the new ones, but i thought russel will make some
awsome auras in the future. This is just crap..

edit says: when i read Infernal Anger Aura, the first thing i get i mind is a fucking
burning fire beyond my charackter, i just had to laugh when i saw the video
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
Last edited by Shada on Aug 23, 2013, 4:12:30 AM
"
tehnix wrote:
totally dislike this aura effect.

I'm with you. It's downright ugly (and I'm trying hard not to say stupid looking).

You say infernal, I'm looking for brimstone, not for a skull running circles around me like a moth around a light bulb.
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
I see what you guys did, remove the awesome looking auras - replace them with dull shit looking ones, then redo the auras so they look even more awesome and then put them as a micro-transaction. Great.

I mean, I wouldn't give two shits if you guys actually had the old auras as an optional setting, I even asked Chris about this awhile ago, guess we're just going to have to pay to look cool!

You could say I'm one of GGG's biggest critics right now.

But even I don't see anything wrong, immoral or unethical about that, even if that is exactly what they did with that exact intention.

"You have to pay to look cool" is the model working to the fucking letter.

More so, if you don't want to look cool, you don't have to pay a dime.

And, the amount of coolness and cost is entirely up to you.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 23, 2013, 4:48:47 AM
"
Shada wrote:
edit says: when i read Infernal Anger Aura, the first thing i get i mind is a fucking
burning fire beyond my charackter, i just had to laugh when i saw the video

while i disagree with the angst, i do agree that a burning circle of fire around the character would be cooler than the burning skull! :)
"
Hodari wrote:
Also, for everyone complaining about how they changed the auras before in an attempt to improve performance and now are adding this in, it might be worth considering the timing on it as well, specifically the fact that this is coming just AFTER the 0.11.4 update in which they made a bunch of other improvements to the graphics performance. Maybe they decided that these changes would now allow them to go back to having better aura effects without having as much of an impact on performance as they would have before the patch.

+1
Follow thePOEcast.com ---The POE cast is a Path of Exile podcast
Hmmmmm...thoughts as they occur:

Nicely detailed demon head. Seems a bit large...maybe should have gone with two small heads rather than one large?

Looks a lot like a "charge" animation.

Superior to current "aura", inferior to original...which was not at all obtrusive IMO.

Wonder how this will look when combined with other mtx auras...assuming they follow the same art style? Will the player look like the sun with a bunch of planetary bodies orbiting around him/her? I found it very cool the way the olde Hatred/Wrath/Anger auras would intertwine with each other...and would pay to have that back.

Detail is great, but seems misplaced on an "aura", which is by definition rather subtle / diffuse / ethereal in nature. The cheap weapon effects do a great job of depicting what I believe an "aura" should look like.

Buy it if you like it.

And thank you for giving us the option GGG. It's not the option I had hoped for (check the mega-thread in the "Art" forum if you'd like to know what "popular demand" really is regarding auras) but a tip of the hat for bringing it to us.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
Last edited by OldeSchool on Aug 23, 2013, 5:19:10 AM
Give me the old auras as microtransaction effects and I'll pay you a shitload of money to keep servers up and bla!
Its all about money...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info