Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

this thread shows that sometimes GGG can never win

1. everyone complains about old auras looking like a stupid rave party with far too many particles that kills performance. GGG says yeah they know they'll fix it

2. GGG replaces light show with sleek auras (ok, i hate the new purity but i understand russell's gonna fix that)

3. everyone complains sleek auras are boring. GGG says well everyone asked for it previously, but guess we'll put in some MTX to please those who want something more obvious and give everyone the choice to go either way

4. GGG adds MTX as per 3.

5. everyone complains GGG went through steps 2 - 4 as a money grab when in fact they were just responding to feedback

i really really really don't understand why we're giving them grief for responding to our feedback.

guys, if we want them to be serious with what we say, we can't keep going back on our words. even if we disagree with their proposed solutions (which is a fair thing to do) we need to recognise this history behind their decisions and not to accuse them of ill intentions when all they've been doing is trying their best to grant us what we want.

having said the above, i do have the following feedback. I like the infernal aura MTX and want it to stay. thanks for this. i would have preferred however, if the purity aura was fixed prior to this.
quoting all player would make this post huge so:

For old auras: they were making immense lag, especially for summoners, already hated by the community, and the simple auras solved this problem. Now we after a patch that decreased the game size by 60%, so probably that 1% of players who buy it, will not cause lagg with only 1 shiny aura.
Think about this: do you expect to get your laptop in the shop for free? No or your coke? No. still the devs offer a completely free game, with all feature, not bitching for in-game micro transactions to kill Piety, just to look better that the average player. I also used to have a lot smaller server for playing, and that cost me 250 dollar a month, and hosted around 100 players. Imagine how much Chris and the rest of the GGG team has to pay for it.and then they need money to LIVE as well, as they are working on POE as a full time job.
Regarding diablo 3 exp: Im glad that it comes, as finally I can sell my stupid account to somebody stupid enough. As I can see Blizzard is the money machine, who wants to get money for everything, while GGG is working hard to get the game super updated, with less crew, and a LOT less money, altough similar exprnses, like server hosting.
IGN: Vensun
Everyone is not everyone.

The people who never wanted the original auras dumbed down probably do feel bad about this, because in their minds something was taken away, they got stuck with something worse (to them) with no option, and something better is up for sale.

I don't care either way, but you need to be able to see someone elses viewpoint.
I'm really really happy to see that you are attacking the performance issues! It really does matter!
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Better hope that the new support gem turns out to be for melee.

Don't see why it has to be a gem that is either or. Could be a gem that both playstyles can utilize.
"
dlrr wrote:
3. everyone complains sleek auras are boring.

I'm not that fussed either way, but the number of complaints could be because the replacement auras are a bit too boring. The original auras were too flashy, but the jump in detail to the replacements was huge, so I can see where the complaints are coming from.

Anyway, the Infernal Anger aura looks awesome. Nice work Russell.
"
dlrr wrote:
this thread shows that sometimes GGG can never win

1. everyone complains about old auras looking like a stupid rave party with far too many particles that kills performance. GGG says yeah they know they'll fix it

2. GGG replaces light show with sleek auras (ok, i hate the new purity but i understand russell's gonna fix that)

3. everyone complains sleek auras are boring. GGG says well everyone asked for it previously, but guess we'll put in some MTX to please those who want something more obvious and give everyone the choice to go either way

4. GGG adds MTX as per 3.

5. everyone complains GGG went through steps 2 - 4 as a money grab when in fact they were just responding to feedback

i really really really don't understand why we're giving them grief for responding to our feedback.

guys, if we want them to be serious with what we say, we can't keep going back on our words. even if we disagree with their proposed solutions (which is a fair thing to do) we need to recognise this history behind their decisions and not to accuse them of ill intentions when all they've been doing is trying their best to grant us what we want.

having said the above, i do have the following feedback. I like the infernal aura MTX and want it to stay. thanks for this. i would have preferred however, if the purity aura was fixed prior to this.

You are wrong/misinformed on so many levels.

First off, only a portion of people complained about the flamboyance of old auras, and again only a portion of people complain now about the blandness of new auras.

Secondly, the core reason why GGG made the player aura revamp was because it was a huge performance drain especially late-game when people stacked half a dozen auras or more, and summons sharing those auras pile up the load on client-side rendering.

It was NOT a simple artistic shift. In fact, I clearly remember the devs confirming that the minimalistic new auras are PLACEHOLDERS until they get proper aura graphics optimized.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
"
Gravethought wrote:
Everyone is not everyone.

The people who never wanted the original auras dumbed down probably do feel bad about this, because in their minds something was taken away, they got stuck with something worse (to them) with no option, and something better is up for sale.

I don't care either way, but you need to be able to see someone elses viewpoint.

This. Whatever you do, you can't please everyone.

About the cool aura to monster: I think it's a nice touch, considering that monsters usually do not stack multiple auras.

EDIT: I've read Russel' aura thread (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/320048/). Very good job Russel! I like it :)
My wishlist: Hi-res digital artbook
Allow spaces in character names
Vulkan and Linux support
Opensource the game
Last edited by Pesegato on Aug 23, 2013, 3:15:08 AM
Is people really complaining cause a free game adds micro transactions to look cool if you pay ?
...incredible guys , incredible, with all the things we could complain , why something so useless ? :9
Nice GGG.
Hope you get the bucks you deserve.
Now if you wanna give us some more skills to play with ... cause all my sockets are taken by auras and their support now.
GGG:

Thanks for making a free game where players cannot pay for power.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info