Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

"
jerg wrote:
You are wrong/misinformed on so many levels.

First off, only a portion of people complained about the flamboyance of old auras, and again only a portion of people complain now about the blandness of new auras.

Secondly, the core reason why GGG made the player aura revamp was because it was a huge performance drain especially late-game when people stacked half a dozen auras or more, and summons sharing those auras pile up the load on client-side rendering.

It was NOT a simple artistic shift. In fact, I clearly remember the devs confirming that the minimalistic new auras are PLACEHOLDERS until they get proper aura graphics optimized.

"
Gravethought wrote:
Everyone is not everyone.

The people who never wanted the original auras dumbed down probably do feel bad about this, because in their minds something was taken away, they got stuck with something worse (to them) with no option, and something better is up for sale.

I don't care either way, but you need to be able to see someone elses viewpoint.

agree. this is exactly what i meant guys. by using "everyone" i was trying to point to the fact that there will always be complaints regardless of how much they address our concerns.

we just should always remember that's what they're trying to do and it isn't some money grab

and jerg, see what russell had to say about the new auras in the link below. the closest thing to a placeholder is purity. the rest are there intentionally. please don't accuse me of being misinformed. thanks.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/405961/filter-account-type/staff
"
Septile wrote:

Don't see why it has to be a gem that is either or. Could be a gem that both playstyles can utilize.

Because I want melee to feel more love. Pretty much it.

Of course, if it happens to go both ways, GGG cares for everyone.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 23, 2013, 3:26:30 AM
its nice but i really dont understand didnt they said they remove the old effect of aura for less lag, and they do that ?
"
Uvne wrote:
GGG:

Thanks for making a free game where players cannot pay for power.

+1

Get this in your mind cheap fellows!
Speaking of Microtransactions...can GGG post the type of item the helmet transactions are on the shop so that we know when we're buying them which ones can be combined and which cannot (rather than only being able to see it after purchase)? I.E. helmet effect vs. helmet attachment.
"
colssanio wrote:
Speaking of Microtransactions...can GGG post the type of item the helmet transactions are on the shop so that we know when we're buying them which ones can be combined and which cannot (rather than only being able to see it after purchase)? I.E. helmet effect vs. helmet attachment.

Iron Maiden, Skull Hood and Demon King Horns all replace your helmet art, and can be layered with other microtransaction effects.
you really call that an aura? sorry but a flying "skull" is not an aura....suxx hard really...
IGN: Crix_st
LL Blade Vortex
Last edited by Shada on Aug 23, 2013, 3:55:26 AM
Personally I think it would look much better if instead of circling the player, the skull went over the shoulders. ie over right shoulder > diagonally down chest to left waist > up back to left shoulder > diagonally down shoulder to right waist > up back to right shoulder. or something like that. That might be just me though.
I'm amazed so many people complained about this aura stuff....
I just... ugh -_-

New aura thingy looks awesome, and new support-gem is gonna be awesome!
Ambush IGN: Kvazzminions | EKvazz
totally dislike this aura effect.

the old auras made the game outstanding, the new ones made it quite boring, and there has no noticeable FPS difference between the old ones and the new ones for me, and this is with like 50 minions on screen (2-3 summoner party).

This flying skull is even less interesting for me.

As others have said already, the way the auras progressed during the time I feel like I'm getting ripped off, just as witches did during descent races with their raise zombie gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info