Reave

"
grindis123 wrote:
default attack [...], which would still leech a ton of mana for me and some ES.

"
Korulski wrote:
You can deal with it with lesenning on the spam, tbh.

Another answer is... blood magic.

You can gem it. If you have some "gain hp on hit" it more that pays for itself. I'm on cruel though, it may change later - but I think it would solve your issue completely. I basically use it now to just heal myself on huge mob waves.

i dont think BM would solve his isues.. sounds like a ci-ghostreaver to me :) but yes, lessening the skillspam would lessen his manadrain and would be of help (at least outside of 0%-regen-maps). but thats a lessening in dps also...

"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
Well, I guess CI's were in good spot either way and it was more meant for dueists :P

On a more serious comment:

As much as I'm fine with skill being gated by mana, so it can't be overspammed and is thus balanced as a source of dps, the problem of people dying because of the weird behaviour is kind of a issue.

Question is a) Does the skill give a clear enough feedback that it's not doing anything? Like, that you're not only not castin, you're not aa-ing?

If it is so, for me it's great. Managing optimal would be a question of mechanical skill, which is kinda rare and nice in h&s.

One style that woud be hurt by that - The builds which would want use Reave as only attack skill - then defaulting would be a small issue. I say small, because I think that reave was thought of as a secondary skill to help with duelist/shadow wave clear, not as a main tool of dealing damage, as thse classes lean toward single target nuke-ing. At least they seem to be thought as such

So I would say "as designed", just be sure people know what is happening when there is no mana.

Also, I'm interested - does Reave chane in to move when it has no mana?
I have recently changed my lvl69 Shadow from the cursed cyclon to Reave. Effect?: 3x the damage. I got a good crit chance, good attack speed, nice multiplier, and a sweet phys dagger. And it seems to work.
Reave charges can be built up really quickly in my case, though I would love them to stay with me a bit longer. A;; in all, I like this skill very much! Looking forward for some cool visual effects in micro store!
Lvl 67 physical claw shadow build. I bought today Bringer of Rain and made some test with Reave skill but overall I am dissapointed. I can performe better with dual strike + meele splash (2k more damage and dont have to care about reave stacks). Why there is only one skill which can fully utilize both hands? I just dont see good reason behind it.

I made this char when GGG annouced this skill and I was really hoping for good 2 hand skill. Kind of sad now.
IGN : Mettiu
Any official word on how Reave will interact with the upcoming Trigger Gems? If triggered skills cause Reave stacks to drop, I see the skill pretty much useless after the launch.
"
Alhoon wrote:
Any official word on how Reave will interact with the upcoming Trigger Gems? If triggered skills cause Reave stacks to drop, I see the skill pretty much useless after the launch.

huh, very good point...

"
Korulski wrote:
Question is a) Does the skill give a clear enough feedback that it's not doing anything? Like, that you're not only not castin, you're not aa-ing?

If it is so, for me it's great. Managing optimal would be a question of mechanical skill, which is kinda rare and nice in h&s.

no, it doesnt, in my opinion. :(

"
Korulski wrote:
Also, I'm interested - does Reave chane in to move when it has no mana?

when you are not aiming at a enemy, yes. if you have a enemy in aim you will just stand arround...

"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
So I think this is only thing that needs changes - a clear feedback when you are doing nothing.

Some particle/comment etc. I think even flashing skill icon in the hud would suffice.
with the new gem types coming on hit on dmg taken ect will the activation of these other abilities remove stacks? for example I am planning to do a end charge+immortal call combo with the on dmg taken gems when end cry activates will it cancel the stacks? I really hope not but for some reason if it is the case I will prob never use this ability again.
Played a bunch with this skill today on a dual claw ranger that still had an unused respec from some old patch. I find this skill really annoying.

Why do stacks that don't affect any other skill need to be cleared when I use another skill? Why is something that is obviously duration based not a duration I can modify with gems and passives? Why is the skill's animation often so far off from the actual affects? The no attack when out of mana is absurdly unintuitive and quite dangerous for the characters mostly likely to be using this skill.

This is a really bad precedent GGG. Don't let this skill stay like this with a bunch of quirks and one-off rules. One of the best things this game has going for it is the elegance of the skill system. This skill's current implementation is painfully inelegant. If a first time player builds around this skill they are going to come away with a very bad impression of this game.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on Oct 20, 2013, 7:03:36 PM
"
Alhoon wrote:

This is extremely important, I wonder that too.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info