Reave

With ~+32% increase AoE, somehow, I feel like I hit mobs better than before. Sure sometime I still miss some mobs in the middle, but also at the same time, I'd hit something out of the area :P

Has anyone try using 2 Reaves setup, one with big AoE for mobs / buildup charges, and another with Concentrated effect for rares & uniques mobs ?

I want to know if switching between 2 Reaves would remove the charges or not...
Last edited by twintales on Sep 2, 2013, 11:50:35 PM
hahaha... reave... boss skill for boss toons.
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
I switched out Concentrated Effect in my setup for Increased AoE and I gotta say the skill has a lot less issues once you have some decent AoE radius.

But I bought a Carcass Jack and switched back to Concentrated Effect and am finding the current range acceptable, even though I kinda miss hitting things half a screen away (I'm curious what the range is like with full quality Inc AoE + witch/templar passives :D). I think even though it may need a few small tweaks with the timer, it's a great skill, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Originally was going for a Double Strike Melee Splash setup on my dagger/shield ranger, but now I'm having loads more fun with Reave. :)
IGN : Jovial
"
yhateful wrote:
I switched out Concentrated Effect in my setup for Increased AoE and I gotta say the skill has a lot less issues once you have some decent AoE radius.

But I bought a Carcass Jack and switched back to Concentrated Effect and am finding the current range acceptable, even though I kinda miss hitting things half a screen away (I'm curious what the range is like with full quality Inc AoE + witch/templar passives :D). I think even though it may need a few small tweaks with the timer, it's a great skill, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Originally was going for a Double Strike Melee Splash setup on my dagger/shield ranger, but now I'm having loads more fun with Reave. :)

32%, I got half of the screen, hit mobs who stand 3/4 away horizontally of the screen, and cover almost the whole vertical length

So with all +52% from nodes and more from increase AoE and the Carcass Jack.... maybe +100% or something bigger in total? I guess it'd reach many thing out of line of sight.... like 1 screen away :D

And I just tested 2 Reaves setup, 1 for bigger AoE, and 1 for pure damage.... using another set remove the stack of previous one lol....
Last edited by twintales on Sep 4, 2013, 3:29:03 AM
I'd like to be able to at least use a Whirling Blades hooked up to Faster Attacks ONCE without reseting stacks. Then I'd be set. :)
IGN : Jovial
I'm playing the same game you all are, yet my Reave is amazing...dual-wielding sword duelist. Level 75 and I'm grinding on 69 Rare maps.
"
sidtherat wrote:
all these issues are because of desync

do /oos before each fight (yes, i know, boring) and these issues go away. really, just try that. desync is that bad..

It's not desync. There are multiple reports and I've witnessed firsthand mobs ignoring hits even before and after doing /oos.

The problem with reave isn't that it's a bad skill. Even though it pisses me off that it won't work with dual wielding, it's still really good.

The problem is that with the above mentioned hit issues combined with the reave requiring consecutive hits and stacks, you can really f*** yourself with this ability when you rely on hits to leech life for you and your stacks are resetting because of the skill not hitting when it should and/or hits not registering in the first place even if the stacks are up.

With dual strike or cleave, there's no stacks to maintain so the issue isn't compounded, you just clear the mobs and move to get whatever is left.

Again we've all tried /oos many times and that's not the issue.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Sep 4, 2013, 3:38:44 AM
[deleted]
Last edited by theplaypig on Nov 29, 2017, 10:55:21 AM
Desync "sometime" contribute to the quirky nature of Reave.

But many time, and I'm sure ppl here has seen it so many time also, it would be some thing like this:

- Attack a standing still totem.
- First hit : hit
- Second hit : miss
- Third hit : miss ( with Reave hit effect )
- Fourth hit : miss (same)

and so on ... after a while or until the attacker move one step and start attacking again. Unless the totem could move by itself, this cannot be desync problem...

Now... I said "Reave hit effect", because there was another case I has seen with this weapon:

There is Extra Gore, and Verdant effect which make butterflies particle when hitting mobs.

When Reave really hit the target, I see 3 hit effect, beautiful butterflies flying away from an exploding bloody mob with some effect from Reave : fine.

When Reave miss, sometime I see only Reave hit effect : ok, maybe desync since I've seen something like this with power syphon.

When Reave miss, sometime I still see 3 hit effect : what is this ? Totally miss? Desync miss? Buggy miss ?

Edit: switch the cases...
Last edited by twintales on Sep 4, 2013, 7:00:58 AM
Looks like the stacks reset when the skill fails by being out of mana. Is it the desired behaviour?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info