0.11.4 has been Deployed (and 32 bit stability!)

"
Zelec wrote:
I don't know what you mean according to the launcher I'm getting between 0kb/sec to
17179869184.00GB/sec ... hehe pro

same here strange though
"
Shamokin wrote:
Then get a priority list going and get the ones closest to the finish done first so we can get some speed!

This please. I'd rather sit and stare at a "You are user X of Y in line for your download. Please be patient!" screen than be downloading but at a pathetically slow speed.
"
Zelec wrote:
I don't know what you mean according to the launcher I'm getting between 0kb/sec to
17179869184.00GB/sec ... hehe pro

Really?))
Spoiler
At the speed I've been going for about the last 15-20 minutes I'm guessing a 10 hour download. Good thing I bought a new 360 game yesterday :)

Thanks for patch though, i'm bootcamping 32bit windows and 1 hour crashes might have been for anything not in act 3. Anything in act 3 was 5-20 minute crashes (lunaris floor 3 was guaranteed crash); when you're a summoner this was torture.
IGN: Im_In_Command
"
Chris wrote:
"
TheuberClips wrote:
I think it would do a great deal of good to take down the website to redirect bandwidth for 30 minutes like ya did at the start of Open Beta.

It wouldn't have any noticable impact, unfortunately. Patching is using far more bandwidth than the website is.

The patch is delivered by an extremely fast international CDN that we pay a lot of money for. Unfortunately when tens of thousands of people are downloading a patch at exactly the same time, it'll be slow until some finish. Thanks for your patience!

Hate to be that guy but the speeds are abysmal so if you're paying a lot I'd say you need to have a word with them. Normally I get 8-11MB/sec when you patch now it's bouncing between 6-60KB/sec.

Seems some one didn't anticipate the load appropriately and prepare for it.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"Arguably the most important feature of the patch is that it has resolved the serious stability issues that affected users of 32 bit Windows with Path of Exile. Due to the 2gb per-process memory limit, 32 bit users would crash every hour or so while playing (as they change areas). The work to reduce the memory usage in 0.11.4 has, as far as we can see, completely eliminated this problem."

My D has never been this hard to a announcement. If you really did fix this it would help me alot for races in season 4 and just make the overall gameplay much more enjoyable till i get myself a better computer to also fix fps + freezing problems ingame. txtqual7 4lyphe
Yes, I was hitting the forums to see what was up with the speed. Normally it is not fast, but I'm getting 1-70KB/s. I got 1.40% in 20 minutes.

On the other screen I have Steam updating at 25MB/s, which still is not half of the bandwidth I have...

Perhaps on bigger updates like this, a torrent system like Blizzard uses would be very helpful?
At any rate, I'm obviously not going to be able to play PoE tonight anymore. It kind of hurts to see 2KB/Sec when I have a 500/500 line that could have finished this download in under 40 seconds.
"
rakis wrote:
wish there were a way to use P2P networking while downloading these bigger patches for some users. and people with good internets could seed it to people making it a lot of faster for some users.

There is a way... lot of games do it.
The crying over this is hilarious. Got those first world problem blues...
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

seriously
Last edited by _Nerevarine_ on Aug 20, 2013, 7:20:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info