ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hello, im trying this build with a 5L with out BoR, but now i found myself needing 15% block from the BoR... How do you guys do to get that 15% back?

i thought using the amulet: The anvil which gives 10% more block and would solve mana problem, but i wont be able to use stone of lazwar...so its not really and option...

so any other idea?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Wonderful build/guide. I have always had love for Eva. Even when all the nay-sayers said it was trash I was running Eva chars in HC and laughing all the way to end game.

I have 1 specific comment though. I can't find it again but you stated numerous times that you can link Smoke mine to trigger gems. You are, unfortunately, mistaken. As noted in THIS THREAD, by Mark himself, since mines are not categorized as a 'spell' you cannot trigger mines/traps with "cast on" gems. You may want to edit out that little bit of misinformation.

Once again great guide and all love for the Eva.

~Cheers
Check out my Frozen Dagger build in the Shadow forums!!
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
Hello, im trying this build with a 5L with out BoR, but now i found myself needing 15% block from the BoR... How do you guys do to get that 15% back?

i thought using the amulet: The anvil which gives 10% more block and would solve mana problem, but i wont be able to use stone of lazwar...so its not really and option...

so any other idea?

Hey man, tough to get max block without Bringer of Rain. If you really want to get 70%+ block you will have to grab the nodes on the tree - block up by the Shadow and block to the left of Duelist. I recommend starting by following the normal tree and seeing how you like it, if you really feel you need more block then you can spec into those 2 clusters I mentioned.
"
Juggla1570 wrote:
Wonderful build/guide. I have always had love for Eva. Even when all the nay-sayers said it was trash I was running Eva chars in HC and laughing all the way to end game.

I have 1 specific comment though. I can't find it again but you stated numerous times that you can link Smoke mine to trigger gems. You are, unfortunately, mistaken. As noted in THIS THREAD, by Mark himself, since mines are not categorized as a 'spell' you cannot trigger mines/traps with "cast on" gems. You may want to edit out that little bit of misinformation.

Once again great guide and all love for the Eva.

~Cheers

Thanks buddy, good catch. Those references were from back in the day when CWDT and Cast on Hit were very new.

TBH I think Evasion needs a buff =). Here is my reasoning on armor vs. evasion in the metagame:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/735391/page/9#p6388132

Anyway, I'm happy because I am seeing more and more end game builds using evasion =).
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 13, 2014, 12:33:13 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Thanks buddy, good catch. Those references were from back in the day when CWDT and Cast on Hit were very new.

Edit .... OMG ...... I just spent like 5 mins writing about how I agree with your assesment on Eva vs. armour. And, apparently, the damn draft didn't save before I submited it. So I lost everything but the intitial quote.

Oh well, short and sweet --> Yes the end game could use some great eva gear ;)
Last edited by Juggla1570 on Jan 13, 2014, 9:44:52 AM
"
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Edit .... OMG ...... I ju at spent like 5 mins writing about how I agree with your assesment on Eva vs. armour. And, apparently, the damn draft didn't save before I submited it. So I lost everything but the intitial quote.

Oh well, short and sweet the end game could use some great eva gear ;)

Agreed! Also to show how imbalanced IR has become - there are now screen shots of characters with 90K, even 100k armor, all due to IR.

Anyway, I think GGG needs to introduce more evasion uniques, and more importantly better ways to REFLECT damage that is avoided/taken. Why? The way I see it - this game will keep getting harder and the 2 ways that I see to make bosses harder are: give them more damage, or give them more defenses. So if you think about it, it will be harder and harder for tank builds to keep up. It is already hard enough to get good damage on a tank build so tank builds are screwed if enemy defenses are increased, and as damage from bosses gets higher, tanking gets harder and harder. This is why I made this high damage avoidance build, so that it would scale as enemy damage went up.

However GGG is countering damage avoidance builds with DOT skills - new Blacksmith, Torture Chamber, Olmec's with chaos and searing bonds as degen, are all examples of this.

This is making many people in end game go for either high damage critical builds (just kill everything quickly in 5s, and critical to freeze, shock and burn) or go for "aggro" builds like dual totems, summoner, dominating blow.

So I think the role of the tank will keep declining, unless some sort of REFLECT mechanic is introduced (buffed Punishment, reflect on evade/block/dodge/damage taken) to make tanks worthwhile again.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 13, 2014, 10:41:06 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
So I think the role of the tank will keep declining, unless some sort of REFLECT mechanic is introduced (buffed Punishment, reflect on evade/block/dodge/damage taken) to make tanks worthwhile again.

I am dying for a true parry mechanic. Something like revenge strike on parry or increased attack speed after parry. It would be a great way to introduce another engaging tank ability/stat/style while allowing tanks to become more efficient damage dealers.
very nice guide!

I have a question , i'm trying to adapt it for dual welding , i'm ising dual strike (dps is around 19k and 23k without lgoh) my block is at 64/47 atm (using stride and stone of lawsar)

since there is only one node left that give 2% more , i'll never cap my block , so would phase acrobatics can compansate the missing % of block?

also i've tried swapping my st and foil for wings of entropy , it give me 74/73 block , but the dps fall to 13k :(

sorry for my bad english
http://solhifady.blogspot.be/
"
fadox wrote:
very nice guide!

I have a question , i'm trying to adapt it for dual welding , i'm ising dual strike (dps is around 19k and 23k without lgoh) my block is at 64/47 atm (using stride and stone of lawsar)

since there is only one node left that give 2% more , i'll never cap my block , so would phase acrobatics can compansate the missing % of block?

also i've tried swapping my st and foil for wings of entropy , it give me 74/73 block , but the dps fall to 13k :(

sorry for my bad english

hi! Thanks for the question. I'll post a dual wield build soon, you can get to high block with Wings and still get very high dps of 20k+. Some people posted their Wings builds in this thread - check for 1up1up's post a few pages back in this discussion.

Dual wield is tricky because you have no defenses from a shield for evasion, resistances etc; but it can still work very well with wings.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 14, 2014, 2:54:02 PM
Hi buddy, check out these builds for Wings/Dual Wield:

1up1up1up: posted his Wings build in this discussion. Link here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/503727/page/40#p6108380

Jedmeister: - I spoke to him about his Duelist build and he is happy for me to include in this guide. It relies mostly on block (no evade, low armor), but still strong
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/708170
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 15, 2014, 8:41:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info