ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

You are of course right sir..Phase acrobatics is just so sexy though! I'm employing it as I level as my block/spell block is only about 60/30 atm. Working out well..endgame though I will most likely spec out of it as well. I wish there would be a unique that granted phase acrobatics(would it half es/armor?) Or something that would grant like extra spell dodge per frenzy charge..hmmm might be a little OP though tbh.

Thanks for answering the spell dodge/block question though..It's even nicer then since it checks before block(that would lead to recovery animations etc as you had mentioned)

Nice guide though I'm having pretty good success so far
Thanks for the guide update. Almost close to buy myself a BoR (currently lvl 77).
I was wondering what affects mana leech rate? And how to increase it?
Because mana problems aren't caused by amount of mana leeched, but too slow rate of this leech.
Does % mana regeneration rate passives increase rate with which mana is gained back from leeching, or just flat rate from your int/mana pool or whatever it is based on?
I know that flat rate is also good, but to really sustain constant skill use it should be how big, something about 152 per second - rate from leech?
"
eTo_PL wrote:
I was wondering what affects mana leech rate? And how to increase it?
Because mana problems aren't caused by amount of mana leeched, but too slow rate of this leech.
Does % mana regeneration rate passives increase rate with which mana is gained back from leeching, or just flat rate from your int/mana pool or whatever it is based on?
I know that flat rate is also good, but to really sustain constant skill use it should be how big, something about 152 per second - rate from leech?

Hi! As far as I know nothing can increase the % rate of mana leech = 12.5% of your max mana per second. So the best way to increase the amount of mana you recover per second is to increase the size of your mana pool, or add in Clarity aura to add a small amount of mana recovery per second. The % mana regen nodes increase the rate at which you regen mana, not the leech. You should aim for a mana pool of 600+ so you can leech 75+ mana per second. Right now my Double Strike costs 76 mana per attack (not per hit), with Double Strike + Multistrike - you are getting a lot of hits for a single cast of Double Strike so you generate 6 hits for 76 mana, and those 6 hits occur over the span of ~1second. So as long as your physical damage is high enough such that with 2% or 4% mana leech you are hitting the max rate of mana leech, then having 600+ mana should give you enough mana leech rate.

You could also check out the Thief's Torment mana ring - it gives you mana on hit similarly to life gain on hit, and some users have found it helpful; downside however is that you cannot use other rings when you equip Thief's.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 26, 2013, 8:47:40 AM
Now i know rate of mana leech, i did some math... and i would need 912 mana to sustain constant attacks only from leech and own regeneration. That might be tricky to get...
At least now i know that my regeneration rate is ~86 (leech + regen) and usage rate is ~124 from what i can came up with. So still lack of 38, and even with clarity it might be tricky to break addiction to mana potions...
I have 608 mana and 10,9k dps, so i think i would hit max leech rate pretty fast even with only 2% physical leech (and i still have 4%, i will get down to 2% once i will get some leech and int on my rings)
Only if potions would not turn them self off when mana gets full...
Thief's torment is out of question for me, on my two rings i have 104 fire ress, 79 cold and 54 lightning, which gets me barely over caps :/
"
eTo_PL wrote:
Now i know rate of mana leech, i did some math... and i would need 912 mana to sustain constant attacks only from leech and own regeneration. That might be tricky to get...
At least now i know that my regeneration rate is ~86 (leech + regen) and usage rate is ~124 from what i can came up with. So still lack of 38, and even with clarity it might be tricky to break addiction to mana potions...
I have 608 mana and 10,9k dps, so i think i would hit max leech rate pretty fast even with only 2% physical leech (and i still have 4%, i will get down to 2% once i will get some leech and int on my rings)
Only if potions would not turn them self off when mana gets full...
Thief's torment is out of question for me, on my two rings i have 104 fire ress, 79 cold and 54 lightning, which gets me barely over caps :/

Ok, in that case you may need to reduce your attack speed. What kind of weapon are you using, and what auras are you running? You can either get a slightly slower weapon or do not get some of the attack speed nodes in the tree.
That is another solution, but i don't know if i will be taking that road... swinging 9 times per secont is just fun to watch and listen to (that machine-gun-like sound of sword hitting flesh... mmm...).
At the moment i'm using
Spoiler
which is at least decent (340 phys dps... so i don't want to brag, but imo it's one of better 1 hand weapons in domination).
But if i will find 300+ phys dos axe, i might give it a try. I just wasn't sure what affects leech rate :)
I run only grace, because when i'm running additional hatered it leaves me with 90something mana, which is too low to pop mana potion and ride on that additional regen. Potion just turns off too fast :/
If you are interested, here is my whole eq:
Spoiler

And except that mana inconvenience, build is just great. Can handle alone dominus on full party (regular one, i didn't had pleasure to fight with one in maps) head on. Only thing to be aware of are totems, rest is pretty much facetank and keep hitting, even among blowing up ads if they won't die before they can blow up :D
Last edited by eTo_PL on Dec 28, 2013, 3:10:22 PM
I just hit level 80. What additional nodes should I be picking up? You mentioned you picked up some axe nodes, which ones exactly?

My current gear
Spoiler
Those 2.0+ APS weapons are impossible to use imo. You end up running out of mana too quickly, which is why I'm sticking to sub 1.5 APS weapons. 300 physical dps weapon at 1.3'ish APS is perfect imo.
"
eTo_PL wrote:
That is another solution, but i don't know if i will be taking that road... swinging 9 times per secont is just fun to watch and listen to (that machine-gun-like sound of sword hitting flesh... mmm...).
At the moment i'm using
Spoiler
which is at least decent (340 phys dps... so i don't want to brag, but imo it's one of better 1 hand weapons in domination).
But if i will find 300+ phys dos axe, i might give it a try. I just wasn't sure what affects leech rate :)
I run only grace, because when i'm running additional hatered it leaves me with 90something mana, which is too low to pop mana potion and ride on that additional regen. Potion just turns off too fast :/
If you are interested, here is my whole eq:
Spoiler

And except that mana inconvenience, build is just great. Can handle alone dominus on full party (regular one, i didn't had pleasure to fight with one in maps) head on. Only thing to be aware of are totems, rest is pretty much facetank and keep hitting, even among blowing up ads if they won't die before they can blow up :D

Ok - as I thought your weapon attack speed is extremely high and is what is causing your issues. Anwyay, glad you are enjoying the build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info