ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Darkith1546 wrote:
I just hit level 80. What additional nodes should I be picking up? You mentioned you picked up some axe nodes, which ones exactly?

My current gear
Spoiler

Hi Darkith - this is my Ranger's current tree at level 90:

For late 90s levels, here are a few paths you can take:

Extreme Damage Avoidance (Acrobatics, with endurance charge and some life nodes):

Life Focused
(+286% life, removes damage nodes from axes, and Shadow starting area, and invests in life going into Scion starting area):

Damage Focused (removes Shadow melee DPS nodes and invests in axe-specific nodes for high damage and increased accuracy)

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 29, 2013, 3:41:56 PM
Changing the tree to my needs and optimising this for really high hp (350%+), more evasion, and using ondars and acro / phase acro, and starting as duelist for avoiding unneccessary points at ranger start. I feel like high hp is a must after witnessing some crazy things in this game, as well as the fact certain things like explosions or the new DOT beam from torture chamber boss simply dont care for block or evasion.

Thanks for the guide.
"
Changing the tree to my needs and optimising this for really high hp (350%+), more evasion, and using ondars and acro / phase acro, and starting as duelist for avoiding unneccessary points at ranger start. I feel like high hp is a must after witnessing some crazy things in this game, as well as the fact certain things like explosions or the new DOT beam from torture chamber boss simply dont care for block or evasion.

Thanks for the guide.

Ok thank you for considering the build. Would be great if you could post the tree path you plan to take - I'm sure some people would find it helpful.
Ceryneian, can't you save a point by taking the three 8/8/12 life nodes to the right of the ranger starting area instead of the four str/12/8/8 nodes in the duelist area?
IGN: Arcsist
"
phildo wrote:
Ceryneian, can't you save a point by taking the three 8/8/12 life nodes to the right of the ranger starting area instead of the four str/12/8/8 nodes in the duelist area?

Good point phildo, I just saw what you mean. I do like the second option leading Diamond Flesh if considering taking it. Otherwise yes, the pt. can be saved. Good eye just going through the Shield Blocks to Water Dancing.

==== THANKS TO Ceryneian ===
Ceryneian - THANKS for the in depth guide. Blowing through the game with this so far has been a good deal of fun, and the build scales well all the way through. It started a bit slow for me, but was basically death free, and a lot of fun so far. Only added Lazhwar and Atziri just last night at level 63. Having so much fun, I needed to come back and thank you!

Gear

☩ M̢͇A̢͍͈̞ͅU̙̻͚̞̘L̖̜̱ͅͅR̮̥͖̼̟Ą̜̖̟̭G̘͍͍̞̤O̢͍̘͕̤T̪͇͖̹̟H̯̩̬͇̻'͎̝͚͍̻S̟͉͇̯͜ ̮͉̩͉̺S̝̫̙̳̗H̙̦̜̘̼O̢̗̝͕̼P! ☩ http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/962273
Last edited by MAULRAGOTH on Dec 31, 2013, 3:30:26 PM
"
phildo wrote:

Hi phildo, thanks for the question - I liked going that route to give easy access to the extra endurance charge for more damage mitigation. Your way is better if you are not going past the Duelist side, however if you are going past the Duelist to the left for any of the following:
- Endurance charge
- Axe damage nodes
- Block nodes (I would need to grab 1 more block node of 2% block to bring my regular block up to max of 75% from its current 73% - not a big deal but it translates to ~11% less attack damage I have to take)
- Vaal Pact
- Diamond Flesh

then the current path I laid out would be more ideal I believe.

Also as further background, here are some variations of this build that people have mentioned to me they are trying:

- Ghost Reaver + LGOH + life leech on gear/Blood Rage - the life leech from gear/Blood Rage combined with Ghost Reaver allows you to leech to your Energy Shield, while your LGOH gives you instant health to your life - so you are leeching to both ES and life at the same time (ideal to grab more ES nodes by the Nullification nodes up in the Shadow area and use Rathpith Globe for the ES and maybe Rainbowstrides as well. May not seem like a big deal - but you are getting ~1K ES that you can keep up in fights - ES recovery also synergizes very well with damage avoidance.

- Saffell's Frame + No Block + High Evasion + Dodge + Spell Dodge - this is a very spell defensive build where you are giving up max regular block (cannot block regular attacks with Saffell) and instead relying on Evasion + Blind (definitely need this) + Dodge for avoiding attack damage. The spell defense is probably one of the highest you can get in the game: max spell block & 30% spell dodge & +5% to maximum resistances from Saffell's Frame. The +5% to maximum resistances from Saffell's is HUGE because you are now capping at 80% to all elemental resistances - effectively reducing all spell damage you take (after spell dodge and spell block) by 20% ( 20/25 - 1 ) more than when you had 75% all res.
This is more optimal to do as an evasion build, rather than an armor build because taking Acrobatics for dodge will half your armor.
With this setup you do not need Stone of Lazhwar or specific boots because Saffell can apply up to 120% of your regular block as spell block. Saffell's Frame also requires much less intelligence and gives 18% to all resistances vs. Rathpith's Globe - so you are free'd up a lot more on what mods you can have on belt and rings.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 31, 2013, 5:41:15 PM
Cool build , i May Try it
Ign:
Brokthefearless
Tofastforme
Deadismyfriend
Coldshoulder
Assuming no mana issues - is Double Strike better than Frenzy for survival(procing LGOH) due to the increased number of hits? Even at a full 7 frenzy charges, the Frenzy attack doesn't reach 2x the 8+aps of Double Strike, so I assume Double Strike is better for health gains through LGOH.
IGN: Arcsist
Last edited by phildo on Jan 2, 2014, 2:37:52 AM
Are there any chaos damage things to fear? DoT's can't be evaded or dodged, right?
Hehehe at -60% chaos resist, like I'm at, ya I'm a bit scared. However, there are ways to prepare/deal with chaos damage. First off, your LoH will help you sustain your life. Also, have a way to move around to avoid taking damage when facing large groups of chaos damage dealers (I use Leap Slam). If you know that you are entering a chaos damage heavy area, carry an Amythist Flask to bump your resists.

If you fight Ion Darkshroud, stay in her face to benefit from LOH. Try not to use the Amythist Flask until after the fight because of her Viper Strike DoT. Time your amy flask and health flask to survive until the DoT expires (unless ofc there are mobs nearby to kill hehehe).
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info