ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
jtekco wrote:
Hey,

First off. Thanks for the indepth guide.

I was wondering if you had a more current POB link. I noticed the one thats listed on the thread seems to maintain a completely different setup than what I show as your current kit. Im currently leveling a fresh toon and I seem to be running into discrepancies when im adding gems and whatnot. For example. the PoB tree runs Hatred and HoA where I see your current kit runs HoT and Wrath. Any insight would be appreciated.

hi bud, did you post on wrong guide by mistake? My PoB links on front are using Wrath and HoT. I'm not sure where you saw Hatred/HoA...
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
jtekco wrote:
Hey,

First off. Thanks for the indepth guide.

I was wondering if you had a more current POB link. I noticed the one thats listed on the thread seems to maintain a completely different setup than what I show as your current kit. Im currently leveling a fresh toon and I seem to be running into discrepancies when im adding gems and whatnot. For example. the PoB tree runs Hatred and HoA where I see your current kit runs HoT and Wrath. Any insight would be appreciated.

hi bud, did you post on wrong guide by mistake? My PoB links on front are using Wrath and HoT. I'm not sure where you saw Hatred/HoA...

i have no idea what I did. Youre right. Sorry for the confusion. I reloaded it and now its showing correct. Thanks anyways lol
Claw Tree pls :D
so is this build more of a build you do when you got a good chunk of currency? was thinking of checking the build out for next league since i probably wont get to it this league
"
chieko1994 wrote:

Morning bud, haven't made a claw tree but if you use my path of building links and just take out my dagger for a claw of comparable DPS then unspec the dagger nodes for claw nodes (focusing on claws with APS and crit, but to do so you will have to get some claw nodes that also give phys damage) - that would be the claw build basically.
"
ColdMiller wrote:
so is this build more of a build you do when you got a good chunk of currency? was thinking of checking the build out for next league since i probably wont get to it this league

Yes you can do this build with decent currency (the most expensive items are going to be the jewels, rest of kit is not expensive). To get a sense you can do some price checks i.e. for dagger, chest, etc to see where total budget comes out. It really depends on how much currency you want to drop into your jewels. Lycosidae has also gone up in price.

Overall these I would say are the most expensive items for this build:
- GG jewels and Abyss jewels (nice to have but not completely necessary)
- 2 socket tombfist (not necessary, I was using Thunderfists for a while which are quite cheap)
- Lycosidae (not completely necessary, but very nice to have)
- Blood of Karui (again, not necessary but something I've been trying recently that I like)
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 2, 2018, 4:01:35 AM
I was trying to compare my own stats to yours but realized your pob is probably for overall mapping and everything. Is there any suggestions other than what you put in the guide for flasks as far as strictly running hogm.
"
foster21 wrote:
I was trying to compare my own stats to yours but realized your pob is probably for overall mapping and everything. Is there any suggestions other than what you put in the guide for flasks as far as strictly running hogm.

hi buddy, yes actually just yesterday I added a section called "SOME FIGHT CUSTOMIZATIONS" in the guide specifically for my gear changes for HOGM and Chayula xD. For HOGM I think the most effective setup for flasks is to have:

- Wise Oak and/or Silver
- Diamond
- Quartz
- and 2 Life Flasks (I used one life flasks but having two I think is better as you can see our DPS is not a problem but if my life flask is out then I have to tp out and refill)

- And then you need to have these mods on the utility flasks: of Warding (for curses), of Staunching (for bleed) and of Curing (for poison)

You should ofc pre-sip the utility flasks before you trigger the wall ofc.

Then I also recommend speccing Avatar of Veil for ele status immunity

Don't forget you need to equip a Scorching Ray on alt skill (I used 3 link) for the CWDT/Aegis/Tempest Shield guys (you can kill yourself quite quickly on these guys so need to recognize them fast and swap to scorching ray - don't panic they all don't do much damage, soem even do zero damage, and you can just burn them down with scorching ray and use ur life flask to sustain any damage).

The other tip I mention in the section is to try and position your LS angle at the start so you can cover the whole wall before you trigger the wall. A lot of the exiles waste time cursing at start so there is a small window of time right at the start when you can kill them all immediately with low risk.

Another trick you can do is to put your Ancestral totem on one side and then go to the other side of the wall before triggering (like I show at the start of the vid) - this is for some distraction as the totem will draw aggro from the nearer exiles - so again you can kill them wiht low risk from the other side.

I think the biggest thing is just to be consistent with the above techniques. The only exile I am scared of on that map is Danziggg LA girl, but usually I am able to kill her immediately xD.

Some people use block reduction gem but I did not have any trouble just keeping my main links. I had also put Culling Strike on Whirling Blades which is not necessary but just something nice to have when you are moving around (specifically on the end platforms after the stairs) as some of those exiles are low life and they reserve too much life.

PS - if you really want to smash HOGM maps I recommend you check out the customization Castablanca did (also in main guide) where he went CI instead and used Ancestral Call.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 7, 2018, 2:31:14 PM
great tips thanks Ill have to check out the CI version. Also why curing? I have used curing a bit, and still died to what looks like caustic clouds from some exile that shoots green poison arrow, I thought I was poison immune, with the flask going but caustic clouds still ruined me.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
chieko1994 wrote:

Morning bud, haven't made a claw tree but if you use my path of building links and just take out my dagger for a claw of comparable DPS then unspec the dagger nodes for claw nodes (focusing on claws with APS and crit, but to do so you will have to get some claw nodes that also give phys damage) - that would be the claw build basically.

Thank you , I've been looking at your replies in this thread , starting from the most recent ones. I also would like to build a claw based one simply for the LGOH, a more watered down less DPS version of this but with more defenses.
Domine Non Es Dignus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info