ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

I had real fun with this build. With new abyss jewels damage is through the roof, and survivability is OK. I've managed to level to 93 without much care (without rotations or running safe maps, just was completing the atlas). Current gear:

I've made minor changes:

- Specced out of Primal Spirit (didn't need additional strengh, int or mana). Put those 2 points into Alira instead for +15% to all resists and 20% crit multi, because most of my resists come from jewels, so I had hard time to cap them.

- Use Darkness Enthroned belt with 2 abyss sockets. If put good jewels there, it can give up to 150 life (mine are not that good, gives about 100 I think), up to +30% to all resists and on top of that - 180 flat lightning, so I think it's a bit better than regular belt.

- Use Lightpoacher with 2 abyss sockets. Again gives damage (more damage than Rat's Nest), life (from jewel), resists, and even a bit of additional DPS while mapping from those charges (plus they look nice). Healing from charges also helps while mapping.

I also use rings without flat lightning but instead with +% lightning damage. Ideally I'd like to craft them also with flat lightning, but so far no luck. Buying such rings seems not an option because sellers put insane price on them, so if you want such - just buy essences of wrath and craft with them - will be much cheaper (and maybe you will even earn some currency in the process).

I had Choir Of the Storm with +1 curse, but had hard time to utilize it, and damage is already so high that I didn't feel a need for it (manually casting is not fun, and doing that where it might really matter - on endgame bosses - is not very effecitive because of their 80% curse resistance). Ideally Tombfist with "curse with elemental weakness on hit" will do, but such gloves with 2 sockets are priceless (more than 100 ex). So I sold it for 35ex and instead bought Choir Of The Storm with +1 to max frenzy charges for 5ex. Still thinking what to do with 30 ex left from this :)

That was my only character this league, so all gear is earned by this build itself, which by the way scales really well. That said, most gear is now much more expensive than it were week ago, especially good jewels. I bought jewels for no more than 10c, and now they are 1ex+ each (at least some of them). Same with 2-socket abyss gear. But don't worry, even with low level gear this build is good (and even without Lycosidae shield).

When you reach good enough dps - you can "facetank" many bosses (by jumping in melee range and destroying in 1-2 seconds), including T15, mostly bosses which do not have phases. For example T15 Carcass boss is destroyed with current gear in about 1 second.

Guardians (all of them) are not a problem at all, take less than a minute each, I'd say even 30 seconds (except Chimera because of multiple phases). Same story with Vaal Temple - just run around room an pew pew in the center for about 30 seconds. I've also killed Shaper for the first time with this build, with a first try (with 4 deaths though, because well - it was first time and I had not much idea about mechanics). Uber Atziri did not try yet, going to try with those 30 ex I saved from Choir Of The Storm sale.

Mapping is also fast - everything just melts and there is no difference between running T16 or T10 (except in T16 you can actually die).

Was trying to find better dagger, but no luch so far.
Last edited by emaster on Jan 24, 2018, 3:17:17 AM
"
emaster wrote:
I had real fun with this build. With new abyss jewels damage is through the roof, and survivability is OK. I've managed to level to 93 without much care (without rotations or running safe maps, just was completing the atlas). Current gear:

I've made minor changes:

- Specced out of Primal Spirit (didn't need additional strengh, int or mana). Put those 2 points into Alira instead for +15% to all resists and 20% crit multi, because most of my resists come from jewels, so I had hard time to cap them.

- Use Darkness Enthroned belt with 2 abyss sockets. If put good jewels there, it can give up to 150 life (mine are not that good, gives about 100 I think), up to +30% to all resists and on top of that - 180 flat lightning, so I think it's a bit better than regular belt.

- Use Lightpoacher with 2 abyss sockets. Again gives damage (more damage than Rat's Nest), life (from jewel), resists, and even a bit of additional DPS while mapping from those charges (plus they look nice). Healing from charges also helps while mapping.

I also use rings without flat lightning but instead with +% lightning damage. Ideally I'd like to craft them also with flat lightning, but so far no luck. Buying such rings seems not an option because sellers put insane price on them, so if you want such - just buy essences of wrath and craft with them - will be much cheaper (and maybe you will even earn some currency in the process).

I had Choir Of the Storm with +1 curse, but had hard time to utilize it, and damage is already so high that I didn't feel a need for it (manually casting is not fun, and doing that where it might really matter - on endgame bosses - is not very effecitive because of their 80% curse resistance). Ideally Tombfist with "curse with elemental weakness on hit" will do, but such gloves with 2 sockets are priceless (more than 100 ex). So I sold it for 35ex and instead bought Choir Of The Storm with +1 to max frenzy charges for 5ex. Still thinking what to do with 30 ex left from this :)

That was my only character this league, so all gear is earned by this build itself, which by the way scales really well. That said, most gear is now much more expensive than it were week ago, especially good jewels. I bought jewels for no more than 10c, and now they are 1ex+ each (at least some of them). Same with 2-socket abyss gear. But don't worry, even with low level gear this build is good (and even without Lycosidae shield).

When you reach good enough dps - you can "facetank" many bosses (by jumping in melee range and destroying in 1-2 seconds), including T15, mostly bosses which do not have phases. For example T15 Carcass boss is destroyed with current gear in about 1 second.

Guardians (all of them) are not a problem at all, take less than a minute each, I'd say even 30 seconds (except Chimera because of multiple phases). Same story with Vaal Temple - just run around room an pew pew in the center for about 30 seconds. I've also killed Shaper for the first time with this build, with a first try (with 4 deaths though, because well - it was first time and I had not much idea about mechanics). Uber Atziri did not try yet, going to try with those 30 ex I saved from Choir Of The Storm sale.

Mapping is also fast - everything just melts and there is no difference between running T16 or T10 (except in T16 you can actually die).

Thanks bud, glad you enjoyed the build and thanks for the review. Nice gear too! How you liking Karui Blood? Aye +1 frenzy charge Choir is a very good option (although it gives a little less DPS than adding Conductivity even vs. end-game bosses with reduced curse effectiveness) but with the amount of Abyss jewels you are running your DPS is quite high already so I hear ya xD. Congrats on Shaper kill as well!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 24, 2018, 4:06:53 AM
I like Karui Blood a lot, saved my ass many times already. Though I also run additional life flask while mapping, just because I got used to smashing 1-2 to heal. I also tried to run Jade flask (because after changing EV helm to Lightpoacher my evasion dropped quite a bit) but honestly didn't notice much difference. Probably that's because evasion only helps versus attacks and this build as you said has more problems with spells. As for DPS from additional curse - sure it might be higher, but it seems not worth the struggle of manual application. So you should shoot that curse yourself into shaper (while you could intead do some damage to him) and then not forget to refresh it, while with +1 frenzy charges you just pew pew.
Last edited by emaster on Jan 24, 2018, 5:38:20 AM
"
emaster wrote:

I've made minor changes:

Maybe this will spark your interest

"
Jonamitsu wrote:
"
emaster wrote:

I've made minor changes:

Maybe this will spark your interest

Yeah that is a good one, maybe even best for this build, but I was not able to find such daggers for sale, and crafting it seems hopeless with such a big mod pool.
Finally found upgrade for my dagger:

Gives me the same DPS in path of building as great elemental dagger in post above, and about 15% more DPS than my previous dagger. That 20% elemental damage as chaos damage is really good. Pity that two slams I did on it were the worst possible (21% increased phys and 1-6 lightning damage, lol), could be much better.
Last edited by emaster on Jan 25, 2018, 8:24:25 AM
"
emaster wrote:
Finally found upgrade for my dagger:

Gives me the same DPS in path of building as great elemental dagger in post above, and about 15% more DPS than my previous dagger. That 20% elemental damage as chaos damage is really good. Pity that two slams I did on it were the worst possible (21% increased phys and 1-6 lightning damage, lol), could be much better.

That's a ridiculous mod aye! Nice man!

Imaging being able to get something like this gee gee Shaper Ambusher oO, one can dream huh:

Prefixes:
- Adds X-Y Lightning Damage
- Adds X-Y Fire Damage or X% WED (max fire roll beats out max WED, but mid-roll WED beats mid-roll fire)
- Gain X% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
Suffixes:
- X% increased Attack Speed
- X% increased Critical Strike Chance
- Damage Penetrates X% Elemental Resistances (very slightly beats out +X% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier)
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jan 25, 2018, 4:01:21 PM
Can someone explain why we would go with Dmg on Full Life when leach no longer really allows us to insta leach to keep at max health at most time? Is there a better choice?
"
ricklington wrote:
Can someone explain why we would go with Dmg on Full Life when leach no longer really allows us to insta leach to keep at max health at most time? Is there a better choice?

Hi bud, the way I play I don't take damage frequently since I am at range. So majority of time I am at full life. On average over the course of a fight it gives me a lot of dps. Other gems you can use instead like light pen, inc. crit damage, or additional accuracy (if you don't have lycosidae).
Hey,

First off. Thanks for the indepth guide.

I was wondering if you had a more current POB link. I noticed the one thats listed on the thread seems to maintain a completely different setup than what I show as your current kit. Im currently leveling a fresh toon and I seem to be running into discrepancies when im adding gems and whatnot. For example. the PoB tree runs Hatred and HoA where I see your current kit runs HoT and Wrath. Any insight would be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info