ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Sllew wrote:
I really appreciate the amount of work you have done on this build. I've been looking for something new and failed at a SSF lightning strike build. I'm going to test this for the rest of this league and probably use in 3.1.

However I don't understand 2 choices that I am hoping you can explain or elaborate on.

1. Wouldn't claws be better than daggers? More leech + more elemental damage with virtually same crit.
2. Why avatar of chase over avatar of veil? This could be a preference thing, but I'm very curious. What about veil over all the frenzy charges? They only buff attack damage right? Are the projectiles consider attacks as well?

I may be missing something but those seem like upgrades to me. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks bud,

1. Good point about claws, someone else is also building this using claws. Yes more life leech for sure which is nice, I need to analyze the passive tree to confirm but I don't think you will get as high crit or damage as with daggers for this build.

2. Aye, this is up to your preference. I actually switch between Veil and Chase sometimes. E.g. my Grandmaster vid was with Veil (to block ele status) and my Core vid with double boss was also with Veil. However Uber Atziri I used Chase and all the other vids I believe I used Chase as well.

Avatar of Chase gives more damage than Veil, and since we are playing at range with whirling blades - spells are not a problem so there is really no need to get Veil. Avatar of Chase evasion boosts are also very nice if you use EV gear (e.g. EV chest and helm).

Only reason to get Veil is if you want to use Vessel of Vinktar and/or if you want to have more defense.

Using VoV with Avatar of Chase is dangerous (see Uber vid) unless you are really good at staying at range, or you use another flask that rolls Grounding (but you would need to match usage with VoV so that flask doesn't go out when you want to use VoV).

VoV is mainly for the damage and leech, not the shock, if you can get enough leech with claws + Vaal Pact to feel good - you can disregard VoV.

Avatar of Slaughter is the highest damage path for Raider attack build - yes LS projectiles are attacks so they are getting buffed by Frenzy charges. This is why I decided to go with Voidwalker with a +1 frenzy charge rather than the other enchant (added lightning damage if you have not killed recently), and increase my frenzy charges - they are giving a lot of damage. This is also why I recommend Darkrays.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 14, 2017, 3:50:48 AM
What about to use The Tempest Binding helm and Yriel Rhoa chest version in build?
"
Meggozz wrote:
What about to use The Tempest Binding helm and Yriel Rhoa chest version in build?

Hi bro, Tempest Binding is not that great for this build. Yriel is good chest but chroming will be difficult. Also the minion's AI is very aggressive (so it runs into enemies and can die if you are not killing fast enough).
So I tested on builder using a claw with the same DPS stats and unspeccing my dagger nodes for some claw nodes but DPS turned out lower than with dagger. Same with foil. Room to argue if you can find a better claw than a dagger then claw might make sense. But I think comparable ele DPS stats the dagger is coming out ahead on this build.
The new volley support gem - looks nice for this build?

Btw, I'm having mana issues. I ran out of it...
Last edited by H3avyM3tal on Nov 16, 2017, 5:39:25 PM
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:

Unfortunately Volley gem isn't going to add much to this build, we already have great AOE and lightning strike projectiles cannot shotgun unlike some other skills so there is no point adding extra projectiles really. Volley would just take up a slot we could use for damage gem.

Bro you are having mana issues because you are not specc'd any mana leech. There is a node by Essence Sap near Ranger with mana leech that you are supposed to take (please see build overview vid or tree on front page). Just spec 1 point into one of those nodes and your mana will be fine.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 16, 2017, 8:14:32 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:

Unfortunately Volley gem isn't going to add much to this build, we already have great AOE and lightning strike projectiles cannot shotgun unlike some other skills so there is no point adding extra projectiles really. Volley would just take up a slot we could use for damage gem.

Bro you are having mana issues because you are not specc'd any mana leech. There is a node by Essence Sap near Ranger with mana leech that you are supposed to take (please see build overview vid or tree on front page). Just spec 1 point into one of those nodes and your mana will be fine.

I had a feeling I missed something... I'm having a blast with this build!
Regarding Vaal Pact nerf - no biggie for this build. The playstyle is to stay at range and avoid facetanking damage, and for reflect I tried to avoid these manually/use my totem but if you end up hitting reflect and don't evade/dodge you can one shot yourself anyway if you crit.

The only question would be if Damage on Full Life is still worth it.

For how I play the answer would be YES. But let's see if we can mix it up. If you want to make the below changes it would be easier to use Belly of the Beast because rechroming EV chest to swap out Damage on Full Life is a pain, and Belly gives some other very nice benefits:

- Drop Vaal Pact area = 5 points (bridge to Shadow instead by Nullification)
- Put 4 points into Throatseeker crit multiplier (very high damage buff)
- You have 1 spare point you can put somewhere else
- Swap to Belly of the Beast chest
- Take off Damage on Full Life gem
- Socket Lightning Penetration instead
- On Dagger put Blood Rage + Enhance

This gives you:
- More life than original build
- Much faster regen from life flasks than original build
- About 30k-40k higher DPS than original build
- And 1 extra point to spare
- Consistent DPS through all fights

What do you lose after instant leech?:
- If you had chest had lots of res you may need to re-balance
- If you had high EV chest you will lose some EV of course
- You also have to deal with some small degen from Blood Rage but no big deal since we clear so quickly - easily overcome by either attacking something or using a life flask. Putting BR on dagger will also allow to easily turn it off with weapon swap.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 28, 2017, 3:49:48 AM
Good to know. Just sarted this build, wouldn't want to lose it so soon.

I noticed you have 7 frenzy charges on your atziri run, but no frenzy nodes in the op tree?

Edit:
What about pantheon? Which ones to use?
Last edited by H3avyM3tal on Nov 18, 2017, 2:14:49 PM
Hadn't updated the link. Updated - it's the same tree in my overview build.

Pantheon - in general none really stand out so feel free to use whichever you like xD.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 18, 2017, 3:15:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info