ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Oops, sorry guys didn't realize the url links were messed up. Updated
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 17, 2017, 3:21:43 AM
Are you planning on running a physical version then? It would be interesting how far this build could go. What I really liked about your original Lightning Strike build was the different ways to build it.
"
Chalk_Circles wrote:
Are you planning on running a physical version then? It would be interesting how far this build could go. What I really liked about your original Lightning Strike build was the different ways to build it.

Ok but the phys version would have to be built for the melee hit.

- Ele build with flat lightning stacks is cheap and boosts both projectiles and melee hit. Downside is you cannot access freeze (for bosses), and you cannot access juicy melee modifiers (MPD, Abyssus, Bloodlust, Lion's Roar etc.)
- Phys build unlocks freezing and gets big melee modifiers, but your projectile damage will get left behind vs the ele build which can scale the projectiles much better.

Let's say you had a mirrored phys dagger - if you tried to build the projectiles I don't think you can get significantly higher projectile DPS than this ele build, but if you built for the melee hit instead you will have over 4x DPS (4+ million) vs the melee DPS on this ele build.

Regarding the 3rd option I had - unfortunately I don't see a case to run a 2H build anymore, it would work nicely for shocking bosses - but even with a mirrored exquisite based on some quick drafts you won't be able to shock Guardians reliably, and won't be able to shock Shaper at all.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 22, 2017, 6:13:51 AM
I see. Luckily I'm enjoying this build a lot even though I don't have much time to play it. Thanks for the reply.
Been doing a few Uber Atziri runs. Hardest part for me is the Vaal Vessels. And also not getting too confident and getting close to the mobs xD. For Atziri herself I like to spec Ondar's - it makes the whole fight a breeze.

No gloves tho =(.
Spoiler

NEW! BUILD OVERVIEW featuring Uber Atziri & Co.: https://youtu.be/-NEfMU1ni6Q

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 21, 2017, 6:29:36 PM
Thanks for the build! I'm working on crafting a claw version. You mention shock in the video and in the guide, but how is it being applied since you are using elemental focus? I thought that made it where you can't shock.
Last edited by ziv1173 on Oct 21, 2017, 11:41:28 PM
"
ziv1173 wrote:
Thanks for the build! I'm working on crafting a claw version. You mention shock in the video and in the guide, but how is it being applied since you are using elemental focus? I thought that made it where you can't shock.

Thanks bud! I'm cheating a bit because for end game the difficult bosses (T16) are hard to shock well so I use Ele Focus instead. Just a preference of mine, I should have added a note to try Light Pen instead of Ele Focus for lower maps.

That's actually one thing left I need to do on this build which is calculate the boss thresholds where Ele Focus becomes better than Light Pen (because of no/low shock) - i.e. say bosses up to T14 work better with Light Pen and bosses for T15+ work better with Ele Focus.

The math is a bit complicated because if your shock is too small it won't really help and pen has diminishing returns. But definitely for the end game: T16, Shaper, Uber Atziri - I feel Ele focus is the best.

Other sources of shock you can get mostly from VoV (please use Raider Phase path, I was feeling lazy on my Uber Atziri vid and didn't respec), or even your Totem (esp. if you socket it in Thunderfists).

Let me know how a claw version works out I like when people customize the guide to what they like.

-------

EDIT

Here are some quick calcs for Shock showing how it works.

PS someone correct me if I did this wrong but I believe this math is right and it looks consistent with how it feels in game.

Basically you need to be hitting at about 7% of enemy health to have the buff escalate to 50%, if you are managing to hit for 1% of enemy health (i.e. Guardians) yes it will show shock effect but the 5% buff is so small you are not getting good returns - i.e. you will be hitting for 1.1%-2.2% but will be capped out. You would be better off with Ele Focus.

If you compare dropping Ele Focus for Light Pen (or a diff damage) gem and seeing your hit damage on PoB for Guardian/Shaper - the most I seem to be getting to is about 1-2% of the boss' HP (even when only looking at crit hit damage).

It is a different story for lower tier bosses (I estimate T14 and below) where you can hit for 7%+ and get the full 50% buff for shock - in these cases it makes sense to drop Ele Focus for Light Pen to get the full 50% more buff from shock and do higher damage.

See full sized image here: https://imgur.com/uBiMbVO (click on image to zoom)

I have assumed shock buffs are discrete so if you do not get equal to or more than 2% HP for example you will be allocated the buff for 1% (5% more).
Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 22, 2017, 8:28:55 AM
Hi guys. New vid coming soon for Hall of Grandmasters. Separately, I have been theorycrafting a phys version build, unfortunately I won't be speccing the phys version however I will include some notes and theorycraft in the guide, and in case anyone wants to build it / optimize further the Builder is below:

Spoiler
Draft: https://pastebin.com/X2ke5YWD
Some things to adjust like whether you want Alchemist and use a Rumi's or go Acro

Basically this phys version focuses main damage on honing the melee strike. You need to apply curse (Punishment) and bleed (obviously only for bosses). For bleed I would use Puncture (Puncture + COH + Punishment + Inc. Duration) this gives you access to the Bloodlust boost and also frees up Blasphemy so you can run Herald of Ash instead. Other way to get the Bleed is to link bleed chance on your totem but I would prefer just using Puncture instead.

I build Raider and 9 frenzy charges. With a Bino's and bleed on you hit Guardians for 2mm DPS, wiht a mirrored dagger you are easily over 4mm DPS. Mirrored dagger will be able to get high shocks on the Guardians (should reach full 50% bonus) and I estimate about a 3%-4% hit on Shaper which would be about 15%-20% more damage bonus from shock.

Your projectile damage will be decent but not strong like the ele version. Anyway, this is for those who like playing in melee or who just want to push the envelope.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 29, 2017, 3:34:34 PM
New vid up!

Hall of Grandmasters: https://youtu.be/sTOqm3gZpdQ in 4K 60fps!

Yikes, what a ride! First time completing. Special shoutout to the following exiles:

- Gubben brothers (Aegis/tempest shield)
- Zami (Aegis)
- RectalStrike (some molten shell block thing)
- kezzBlox (Aegis tempest)
- Dyness (Aegis firestorm)
- Danzigg (lightning arrow wtih frostwall)
- Leaperslamgirl (some degen build)

Aegis tempest shield guys are the worst because you can kill yourself before you realize it. A lot of them do no actual damage though (e.g. Zami). After reading some tips I decided to carry alt weapon with a 3L Scorching Ray for these guys - the worst being the Gubben brothers.

Other changes I made was to swap to Avatar of Veil for ele status immunity and then swapped to these 3 flasks:

Last edited by Ceryneian on Oct 29, 2017, 7:08:40 PM
Cool build! Thoughts on phys to lightning gem and Hyaon's Fury?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info