ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Any update for the 2.1?

I'm especially interested in the projectile version, but I'm worried about the lack of HP & crit nodes in the shadow area.

Pls update this build, thnx!

Something like this (refresh the link if it doesn't load):

For projectile LS: LS + PPAD + MS + WED + FA + P2L. If you don't want to use P2L you can remove the leech nodes at Duelist and put ICC instead.

Take frenzy nodes if you use frenzy charges i.e. BR.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 9, 2015, 5:11:20 PM
Hi there

How is this build cons and pros for upcoming Talisman league.

Thanks , cheers
Would Point Blank be good if I can get it with 1 node? Thinking about doing a crit sword build with IR.
Hi there Cery!

Do you think low life will be viable in this new patch ? Also the low life tree posted earlier wouuld still work ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
deadmeat9 wrote:
Would Point Blank be good if I can get it with 1 node? Thinking about doing a crit sword build with IR.

Really depends on your playing style. Some people play this build almost like bow character and always fight very far, some people play middle range, others do melee LS.

So depends on how you like to play, if it is 1 point then just try it and see how you like it!
"
azamantes wrote:
Hi there Cery!

Do you think low life will be viable in this new patch ? Also the low life tree posted earlier wouuld still work ?

I'm still working on the low-life build - problem is the Ascension classes. I'm not sure what the other Witch classes are so it may end up better to do the low-life as Shadow or Ranger.
"
vezlaine1528 wrote:
Hi there

How is this build cons and pros for upcoming Talisman league.

Thanks , cheers

Pros:
- High damage: one thing people forget about LS is that it has EASY ability to inflict SHOCK. This is a 1.5x more multiplier on all your damage. Which means you get higher damage and also you get easier FREEZE. Additionally, the advantage of using the projectiles is that with PW curse you get ANOTHER more damage multiplier which will add with the shock multiplier.

If you are playing Reave / other physical skills you will not be able to inflict shock as easily as LS because your lightning damage is just too low.

- Flexible: you can play true ranged or true melee. Downside is your projectiles can get blocked easily on indoor maps.

- Relatively cheap - can get good damage with decent gear. Check my old vid on Courtyard vs. 6 bosses with Bino's and Tabula Rasa

- LS buff: 2.1 buff to LS gives MASSIVE AOE damage for LS

- Good defense: this build is focused on getting very high block and spell block. High block + ranged gameplay results in very good safety

- Fast: high APS and mobility

- Compatibility: can switch to Spectral Throw with the exact same tree, but it will have much less damage than LS.

Cons:

- Some micro: this is not a tank build so you need to have good playing skills using whirling blades to avoid damage and to get good position. This build also relies on FLASKS so you will need high roll Rumi's flask (preferably 2) and Taste of Hate

- Need to hold shift button when targeting with projectiles

- You can still easily die with this build if you are not careful. With Ascendance I will make a different version of the build that incorporates blind to go back to how this build was done originally that way you can play:

Ranged + Good EV + Blind + Max blocks + Some Dodge which is a potent combo as I have used this before except as melee.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 11, 2015, 4:31:21 AM
What about this build? I really like dodge. Also took another jewel and shield nodes at duelist. Dropped first 2 ranger proj nodes and ms/as nodes below ranger. I've also dropped the dagger nodes in the top right side.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-JJ19dUjuYlr-uj3ieK6xs6OKG63uDiP2lLj8xU2SjX17FLcXDY0wfIDhW6-HdlFH4l5OKmeg45831I2_51Q4lkz_Sn3tPwW11CMk_UMx1ljC7DBx_97awY1-4J-0xSpb3ah07S5Tt7YFZm8nYqzb54JeS3gFLdNvdcuaamyMbAhHBlLsOkJ67-pivqedqvGK2HZlTTY9uT69NutjrGZHfrVIES8DHizhhNnUQh9BfeOmf4Rv7UF1_Ra_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8g5IEZaQGwcecFaVLpoT8NXb1ElRL8zBgg==

How would this build hold up endgame vs for example a TS bow build?
Last edited by foojin on Dec 11, 2015, 7:10:02 AM
"
foojin wrote:
What about this build? I really like dodge. Also took another jewel and shield nodes at duelist. Dropped first 2 ranger proj nodes and ms/as nodes below ranger. I've also dropped the dagger nodes in the top right side.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-JJ19dUjuYlr-uj3ieK6xs6OKG63uDiP2lLj8xU2SjX17FLcXDY0wfIDhW6-HdlFH4l5OKmeg45831I2_51Q4lkz_Sn3tPwW11CMk_UMx1ljC7DBx_97awY1-4J-0xSpb3ah07S5Tt7YFZm8nYqzb54JeS3gFLdNvdcuaamyMbAhHBlLsOkJ67-pivqedqvGK2HZlTTY9uT69NutjrGZHfrVIES8DHizhhNnUQh9BfeOmf4Rv7UF1_Ra_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8g5IEZaQGwcecFaVLpoT8NXb1ElRL8zBgg==

How would this build hold up endgame vs for example a TS bow build?

Yeah feel free to mix it up as you like.

However $ for $ a bow build will probably clear packs faster and have easier time killing bosses using traps and/or puncture.
Thank you for the reply Cery!

I used an ranger tree and modified it a little. It has less projectile damage, less physical damage with one handed weapons, less % life but more accuracy, more critical strike chance and higher movement speed (which I think is very important for this type of build).

What do you think about this scion starting tree ?

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOygDlm49YEO-gIMJb57KSl-wm7XDOoTFIuro1i1VBbXp_sLsjb8FfbTFUUdirNvn51QwfGyMRwYk_Y19narYdv_eI_Y2Pbk-VvVNkqOK62OsZttu7g6xs7VIES8s4ZfQ_MV4rhut1EJ9446KeOu3Fw2NPeKUuIRvCpuA4Vuvh3ZI7nsUdf3iXk4qZ6Djn9N-Fr84lkz_Sn0AXiSdfXUmlUMx1lgZjmJa_rph4trBjX7gn1VLdO23tgVmbyeMNgUtdcuaaonTeu_qYr6ncFJlTSoLvTZd8kd-DkgRlpAbBx5wVpUumhPw1dvUSVE=

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
Last edited by azamantes on Dec 12, 2015, 10:34:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info