Quick 0.11.4 Update

"
tsmonteiro wrote:
"
Velocireptile wrote:
Good Questions by someone else that has been drowned out by "woe is me... i have to wait another day for the patch"

Q: Will the Patch replace the old obsolete files?
If not, is it worth Uninstalling and then Downloading the Client again.
If so, will the Client download feature the new files as soon as the patch is released?

Also, stop whining that the patch got delayed, they didn't turn off the Game while they work on it. You can still neglect your Children in order to Farm that phat loot.

It only makes sense that the new files will overwrite the old ones. Internally they probably even have the same name/id.

That's what I'm thinking, I'm just not sure if there will be disused files that are going to just sit there forgotten about.

I'm not too concerned because there is a lot of HDD to go around here.

But I appreciate that people are on the edge with their system, or they hate having useless junk on their PC like I do.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
"
Velocireptile wrote:

That's what I'm thinking, I'm just not sure if there will be disused files that are going to just sit there forgotten about.

I'm not too concerned because there is a lot of HDD to go around here.

But I appreciate that people are on the edge with their system, or they hate having useless junk on their PC like I do.

You can always delete the contents.ggpk if still has around 6gb, but it will be a ~4gb download instead of ~1.5 (or whatever the size is)
"
I believe it has more to do with better file compression than just reducing quality. If you want to have an idea, compare a Bitmap iamge to a PNG one. The difference in quality is not very much noticeable, but the filesize is much smaller.

32-bit PNGs aren't "not very much noticeable", rather they're pixel perfect identical to raw Bitmap formats they are converted from. PNGs are often notably smaller than raw image data but are lossless unless you use palletes for insane smaller-than-gif web-graphic compression.

"
As someone who works with png, jpg, bmp, etc files almost everyday of their lives I can 100% see the difference between them.

You can see the difference between a pixel-identical lossless 32-bit PNG and a 24-bit BMP?

I can't wait to see likely identical or better graphics with shorter load times.
So....Shouldn't the patch be out right about now?
League of Legends
NA - Free Hooks
any updates or eta :) ?
"
Godgivenn wrote:
So....Shouldn't the patch be out right about now?

Well they didn't say it was coming out for sure today! Give them time.
ts3.No-Name-Needed.net:9990
"
APCY wrote:
Sadly we graphics will suck even more.
Who cares about graphics? I could play this all day long if it had the same mechanics but d2 graphics.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
Any fresh new about the current ETA ?
Beta member since 0.9.8
"
TroySpiral wrote:
For the lova pete ENDGAME STUFF please.

Some of us dont enjoy going over the same content in 9 thousand different modes as "content" forever.

You're playing the wrong genre then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info