:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I can't believe Dragonball Super only has six episodes left. Expect much sakuga.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Started Shinsekai Yori earlier. It's... hard to describe, while always sustaining an eerie atmosphere. It feels off somehow, all the time. You know something isn't right, but you can't really pinpoint it.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Started Shinsekai Yori earlier. It's... hard to describe, while always sustaining an eerie atmosphere. It feels off somehow, all the time. You know something isn't right, but you can't really pinpoint it.

I fucking loved Shinsekai Yori.

Been busy, haven't been able to watch almost anything. Only one I'm up to date with this season is Overlord. Other than that I've tried Citrus. I was looking forward to a good yuri romance, but it's a bit too.. rape-y. Also gave Killing Bites a try just for shits. Don't think I'll watch any more of it.

Other than that, I've got to give Cardcaptors, Violet Evergarden, Nanatsu no Taizai S2 and Darling in the FranXX a watch this season.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Citrus looks shit. Well-made shit, but still shit. I draw the yuri line at Illya.

Kumamiko is a hard pass. Started alright but ends...badly. Shirokuma no cafe is superior in every respect.

Kakegurui hitting netflix today. That'll be a nice binge.

Fate/Extra was so Shaft it hurt. Loved reading the butthurt Fatefa...tragics' reactions to it. They thought they were getting a more pure, Ufotable-style Fate after A1 'let them down' with the far more dynamic Apocrypha, but no, of course they got SHAFTed. LOL. At this point, I am not sure I'll enjoy Extra more than Apoc. They're both two studios doing something pretty new with the Fate concept. Apoc drew a hard line between normal combat and Servant combat, embracing in full the kinetic madness of Servant combat. Looks like Extra is going to blend a Monogatari style tilted perspective and the more unhinged Fate lore concerned Seraph, recurrence and the Moon Holy Grail War. Which seems about right. My main takeaway from both shows is Ufotable's dedication to staying on-model appeals more to VN fans than crazy action animation (A1) or subtle facial expressions (Shaft). Which is to say they're less animation fans and more character fans. Surprise, surprise.

Slow Start is still my CGDCT dosage for the week.

Speaking of, Sorayori? Cute Girls Doing Cold Things. Yeah, I'm here all week.

Pretty bummed about the upcoming break for Sangatsu due to the winter olympics.

DarliFra better up its game soon. This week's was positively standard.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 31, 2018, 10:24:15 PM
I'm done with shinsekai yori. In more ways than one.
Yes, I think it's a good or even great series, but it's not something I would ever want to rewatch for two reasons:
1. The story would be just plain boring now that I know all the twists
2. While it may seem contradictory, some aspects are still disturbing enough to keep me away
If you're into horror/suspense stuff, I can highly recommend it. It does have a few weird moments though...
spoiler (duh)
For example episode 6 I think. Where everyone was suddenly gay. That was kinda awkward, since it came absolutely out of nowhere... it just made no real sense, even with that small amount of explanation we got before.

Now I once again have to look for something... maybe ao haru ride or akatsuki no yona. They've been on my list for a while now... or a good amount of shaft being shaft with soredemo machi wa mawatteiru. Hmmm, difficult choice.
8 eps done of Kakegurui. This is a treat. Hayami Saori was the PERFECT pick for Yumeko.

I decided to start death parade instead (funny how I always end up with something I originally didn't even consider xD). So far it's rather interesting, kinda reminds me a bit of what little I've seen of hell girl so far in a way. I might not be able to do it in one go, and even if I do, I'm gonna need some really strong feel good series afterwards. I've seen some dark shit these last 3 days o_o
"
FCK42 wrote:
I decided to start death parade instead (funny how I always end up with something I originally didn't even consider xD). So far it's rather interesting, kinda reminds me a bit of what little I've seen of hell girl so far in a way. I might not be able to do it in one go, and even if I do, I'm gonna need some really strong feel good series afterwards. I've seen some dark shit these last 3 days o_o

I fucking loved Death Parade. The OP and ED are fucking amazing. There's also Death Billiards if you want a .. sidequel?
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Studio Wanpack is now dead following the death of it's founder.

Though most people have never heard of them they have worked on

Accel World
Cowboy Bebop
Code Geass
Death Note
Fairy Tail
Fate/Apocrypha
Gintama
Kore wa Zombie desu ka
Girls Und Panzer
Infinite Stratos
Pokemon.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 2, 2018, 5:25:47 PM
Yeah, it's big news. All that talent will be absorbed into other studios but without the man directing them they'll probably languish for the most part. We'll see. Wanpack *truly* saved anime, often on a weekly basis.

__

Finished s1 of Kakegurui. That was delightful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info