:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Damn, Heaven's Feel: Presage Flower was magnificient! I already thought UBW had amazing animations, but Heaven's Feel is just another step or two above. Soundtrack was on point once more, some scenes became even more epic than they already were because of it. Not much else I can say about it without spoiling stuff...
Spoiler
The story did deviate from the others quite early on this time, and very much at that. Finally we get an assassin that does assassin-y things and actually kills stuff. The fights were just breathtaking and everything else was so damn detailed. My favourite fight was Rider vs Saber, simply for how hilariously short it was xD
I wonder what that... THING was. The colours and the fact that it was seemingly able to corrupt servants make me think that it is in some way related to the grail... or rather, the grail's contents, which DID try to corrupt a servant in the past from what I understood (good ol' Gil).
Why did Rider save Shirou though? Since she was the Matou family's servant it would make sense if Sakura became her master after Shinji miserably failed at using her. At the very least, it seemed as if her new master, or she herself had some reason for saving him. Speaking of the Matou family though, I found it nice to see Zouken actually do something himself for once instead of just pulling strings. I was honestly hoping to see what he was capable of ever since I first saw him in Fate/Zero.
So... what can we expect from the next movie? Probably some more Ilya screentime, since she said that she wanted to go to the city. Also corrupted/twisted saber it seems? And it almost looked like Sakura will become or already is one of the masters.
It'll be awesome... I can't wait to see it!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I finished Grancrest Senki myself just now. Well, at a certain point the ending is to be expected.

The question is what I should watch next... I think I'll finish carival phantasm (for real this time)... or start Fate/Kaleid. Need. More. Fate. That stuff's addicting.

Then again, I also STILL haven't watched Kemono Friends and Princess Principal and I heard that both are great. And there's also FLCL which I haven't seen, but is supposed to be good and gets a new season... so many options...
Last post about Wotakoi I promise, but if anyone STILL needed a reason to watch it (in under 60 seconds):

https://youtu.be/E6J6vtm1DPo?t=22
Last edited by nav on Jun 25, 2018, 6:50:36 AM
Alright, I started Apocrypha. The only acceptable version of course.
One very peculiar thing I noticed is that the Necromancer seems to smoke the same brand of cigarettes as Aozaki from Kara no Kyoukai. I really love how all the series of the Nasuverse seem to be losely connected by little details like that :D
Found out that I had a taste of fate universe months ago, last year, when I saw Padoru Padoru video lol.

Anyway, watched first half of zero, and it seems better than stay night. I don't know if its because stay night had high school themes or there is something else.

Also a thought crossed my mind, that if I wished to be a little imprecise, but describe Fate to myself, I'd say its JoJo where stands belonging to users have actual feelings and their own agendas. And its a little bit darker. In other words, I see a little bit of connection in concept.
Spreading salt since 2006
Not saying stay night is bad. I love both, just I like zero better. Its one of those things if someone asked you to rank releases as how they resonated with you, I'd simply subjectively put zero over stay night.

Who knows, by the end of my watchthrough, I may rank Carnival Phantasm at the top as my favourite, because I bet it will be refreshing after finishing main stories.

I'm actually still pretty new to anime as a whole. Main difference for me is in the pacing. When reading manga, I can set my own pace and think and analyze in my own time, while anime sets the pace in real time. Thats why I guess rewatching stuff is a thing, because each time there would be something new to experience.

After hundreds of episodes of various series, I've started to notice I recognize voice actors and remember them. Also I'm getting a feel for production value, but it's not so good yet, have to watch more things.
Spreading salt since 2006
The high variation in animation styles in a single scene sometimes is just a bit much for me.

I was thinking of maybe watching the Tsukihime adaptation (yes, yes, I know you wanna say there is no such thing) since I recently read the manga. I wanna see myself where all the hate comes from.
And even if it is complete crap, it will at least give me insight to some carnival phantasm jokes I didn't get DESPITE having read the manga.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
given your reaction to gc, i can see that apoc might be too...a1 for you. shame. No mutual sakuga gushing then. It's fine. Ufotable will never let you down. Ever. Unless you see Tales of Zestiria The X. And even then it's sort of a gentle let-down.

Watching demichan. This is a very clever look at something Japan tries to ignore -- the daily life of the disabled and the 'different'. Impressed.
Even though there's a live action version, I'd still be interested to see "Hikaru to Tomo ni" adapted to an anime. My guess is that if it was well executed and it had a similar sensibility to TV shows like "Beautiful rain" it would find an audience and also be respected for what it could teach those who watched it.

I think there's an audience for shows that offer us an opportunity to empathize with those who need to approach life in a different way.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jun 28, 2018, 1:46:56 AM
Well, Grancrest senki went a bit overboard sometimes. I think I was expecting a greater amount of consistency in the artstyle there, a lot of shows of them that I've seen had very little variance in their style, at least as far as I can remember (GATE, Saekano, Silver Spoon, all of which I liked a lot).
Then again, there were other shows where the style did change rather often (Shinsekai Yori, Fairy Tail, Seven deadly sins and I think blue exorcist aswell? Not quite sure about that last one).

I think I was a bit biased since I've mostly seen some of their better shows or ones where it was obvious from the very beginning that there will be changes in the animation in some, mostly action heavy scenes (looking at you, Fairy Tail... and basically all big shounen series), which means that I was mentally prepared when it happened.
I finally started watching Shokugeki no Souma (yes, season one), and holy shit have I been missing out... I guess not just any old show gets 3 whole seasons huh. I will definitely be binging the hell out of it this weekend.
Last edited by nav on Jun 29, 2018, 8:13:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info