What exploits will be fixed on next patch?

"
BelieveInBlue wrote:
does this mean that if i reserve a few auras on life, then remove the bloodmagic item and go into town, when i leave town again i will be reserving mana?

Yep, or they'll deactivate if you don't have the Mana for it.
"
BelieveInBlue wrote:
does this mean that if i reserve a few auras on life, then remove the bloodmagic item and go into town, when i leave town again i will be reserving mana?

And there really should be no other way about it, they will probably fail to activate.

The whole aura mechanics could use an overhaul, people don't choose auras, they slap on as much as they can handle and run around all sparkly and jolly as a butterfly. I mean, ES stackers using determination just for granites, now really?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
keyarchan wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
When you change areas and your auras are put back on your character, they will exist based on the current state of the aura skill - the effect of all the stats in the aura, the amount reserved, and what resources is reserved, will all set to correct values based on the state of the skill at that time.

We're looking into options for how we can make these things also happen at the time the changes are made, if you're not in town, but for now they'll only be when you change areas - don't expect that to last forever.

So I'm guessing this includes blood magic such as activating while wearing the covenant and later change chest piece?
Also, could you die from it? Like if you play a lowlife build with shavronne's wrappings, have a blood magic + reduced mana linked to your auras but then remove the reduced mana. If you then change zone and the aura cost exactly your remaining life, you'd die from it?

^This.

In before people start borrowing shavronne's from other people and short selling it with the intention of buying back the unique chest at a lower price. Also, in before the endless QQ rant about people now have to play in groups and can't solo and still get the auras they need and start complaining how people need life based characters in their party to provide percentile auras and CI based characters or specced blood magic characters to provide numerical aura buffs because no one wants to use blood magic gems to waste double the gems slots or mana/life reserve cost.

Methinks Mark already gave careful thought to this change with the thought behind what would happen if it was COMPLETELY fixed. While I doubt the plan was to let this bug persist, once it did persist, the game became based upon these "bugs", and fixing the bugs became problematic unto itself which explains why these bugs were "allowed to persist" this long.

This change was a painless and easy one compared to the ones that follow.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
When you change areas and your auras are put back on your character, they will exist based on the current state of the aura skill - the effect of all the stats in the aura, the amount reserved, and what resources is reserved, will all set to correct values based on the state of the skill at that time.

We're looking into options for how we can make these things also happen at the time the changes are made, if you're not in town, but for now they'll only be when you change areas - don't expect that to last forever.

Does this mean if I accidentally drop a BM gem into a linked socket with auras I may kill myself? Wat?
I am a happy camper just because i have never tried to use this exploit and actually have all my auras on lvl 20 reduce mana gems that stay in place already..Bring on the patch...what im wondering is will the new unique that will be from vendor be the goddess scorned
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/141847 (shop)
IGN; xxdaath or aleister_crowley_lives

he who knows little believes he knows much
he who knows much as learned of his ignorance
"
fraz81 wrote:
So now i need 3 reduced mana gem always on ?
You must be joking...

I Agree this is pretty lame :/
IGN: eFiNiTy
Am I the only one here who is hoping for a massive overhaul to the way auras work? Auras are mandatory for every build in the game, just like having a curse. Auras should be something you have to heavily invest into to make them effective, but that is completely opposite of the case. Don't get me wrong, I am all for using auras as a mechanic. I just find it very dumb that every character HAS to have 1-3 auras in order to be effective.
People in this thread forget that the game is in Open Beta , even more changes will follow .

Do not delude yourselves thinking that " your " builds will stay like this forever .

I remeber when changes were made back in CBT people sweared on their lives that they will quit

, yet I see lots of them still on these forums .

Instead of being happy that you'll keep your characters and items after the official launch , you cry even when GGG FIXES their game . This is ridiculous .

If you RMT-ed your precious items to get your FOTM builds going , sucks to be you.

As for what exploit would be fixed in the upcoming patches , I bet that not even GGG knows .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Aug 16, 2013, 9:04:32 PM
Stockpile your reduced mana gems, now!
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
"
Startkabels wrote:
Good than we do not have to discuss something that is irrelevant :)

It is relevant to the degree that such hyperbole does more to weaken your argument than bolster it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info