What exploits will be fixed on next patch?

"
Autocthon wrote:
any chance that could "fix" Tempest Shield in the process?

Tempest Shield isn't an aura and uses a different system, unfortunately.
Code warrior
With these issues being fixed, (something I've never used anyway,) are there discussions going on about changing the mana costs of auras in any way? I'm not asking to know if something will be changed, but simply if a discussion has been opened internally to decide if maybe since so many were exploiting these bugs, if maybe it should be changed so that any typical build can squeeze in an extra aura to compensate?

I personally think auras are fine the way they are, but I dislike any change that makes the average build require more gem slots to function as it did prior. Moving 1 reduced mana around to 2/3 spots, and later replacing with other skills helped gain extra slots.

I'm generally just curious though if this side of the argument has been brought up.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
When you change areas and your auras are put back on your character, they will exist based on the current state of the aura skill - the effect of all the stats in the aura, the amount reserved, and what resources is reserved, will all set to correct values based on the state of the skill at that time.

We're looking into options for how we can make these things also happen at the time the changes are made, if you're not in town, but for now they'll only be when you change areas - don't expect that to last forever.

Thank you so much for the clarification.

If I understood correctly, Covenant will work only if you use it INSIDE a map (since you won't be changing areas), but that is going to get fixed so I won't make any build relying on things that I know are labeled exploits. At least I know this time that these things are not intended.

EDIT: Is using Righteous Fire on a +2 fire and +1 to all gems in the weapon swap and activating it and swapping back intended or will that be fixed too? If I remember right, you can't do the same with Blood Rage so I would guess the weapon swap trick is to be fixed too?
IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Aug 15, 2013, 10:49:17 PM
If you "depend" on auras your build sucks.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
"
Aux wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
When you change areas and your auras are put back on your character, they will exist based on the current state of the aura skill - the effect of all the stats in the aura, the amount reserved, and what resources is reserved, will all set to correct values based on the state of the skill at that time.

We're looking into options for how we can make these things also happen at the time the changes are made, if you're not in town, but for now they'll only be when you change areas - don't expect that to last forever.

I can't wait, very excited to hear this news.

This exactly I can't wait either. I play a ton and never used these auras mechanics. Its like steroids in baseball lol. Every little cheat people will get out of a game people will try. Hopefully when next league comes out more and more of a even playing field will be there for grinding for gear and exp. (maps maps map exp)

Just that little less of advantage they had over a game will kill them in the long run of not having it :D

changing gems around reduce mana and stuff less life, mana will change some peoples game a bit if they are totally use to it
Last edited by cavespro on Aug 15, 2013, 11:40:27 PM
It's really simple to plan for future fixes. If you feel something gives you an unfair advantage don't rely on it as it will probably get fixed... eventually.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
OP: which ever sploit krip decides to showcase next.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

This feels like a nerf to Facebreaker builds, especially those that use The Bringer of Rain. I have a total of 15 sockets and I enjoyed trying to make the most of them, but it seems like I'll have to reduce the number of skills I use to: Infernal Blow, Temporal Chains, Enduring Cry. The rest are auras, so I'll have 3 active skills I guess.

:S
So now i need 3 reduced mana gem always on ?
You must be joking...
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
any chance that could "fix" Tempest Shield in the process?

Tempest Shield isn't an aura and uses a different system, unfortunately.

What an unsatisfying response, make an exception please. To be honest I don't care what mechanic it uses, all I know is that it is weird that I have to keep activating it.

Don't you think it is very illogical and user unfriendly that they need to activate Tempest Shield each time they switch an area?

Shield block is something you invest in, often users forget to activate their Tempest Shield and that investment becomes useless.

I mean beside the mechanic it uses, what is GGG's own explanation for this? Why do you want it turned off when switching areas? You build the game, please don't hide behind your own mechanics.
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 16, 2013, 6:21:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info