0.9.12c Patch Notes

Chris i need to understand this.
You said that the change to map drop rate was made so that every one can get maps and enjoy the end game.

How come the across the board people are running out of maps?

Even me i'm starting to run dry today and that after 1 visits to filshrine and 2 pyramid runs and over 5 or 6 maps i only got 3 level 60 maps.

Maybe you don't realis it but you actually lowered the map drop rate for us who have IIQ and raised it for those who didn't sacrifice damage to get more items.
FFA loot = Single Player Game
So what about the links between the sockets on the items in the inventory? What do you guys think about the new small links instead of the big fat golden ones used before?

(In my opinion the old ones are far better and the reason is, that they were much more visible, on some golden / brownish items than the small ones now. The smaller line melts much more with the item background than before.)

I bring this up because this UI change doesnt affect colorblind people at all and it affects anyone playing the game. Any person might have troubles seeing the new links better.
So...what are your thoughts on this guys? The more feedback on any detail the better.

And in addition: I want to bring up the totem bug as some did before, it appears they have far less "activation range" than before, and, they dont shoot consistent if enemys are in the (now smaller) radius. They stutter around shooting in big and small intervalls without any reason.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
I agree with many others that I preffered the old style of sockets, they looked much more appealing to me. The new ones are okay and at least they're not on all the time now. I also agree that I preffered the thicker gold links.

Items on the ground have visible enough sockets to me but the links could be a bit more obvious in some way.
"
silentman wrote:
Chris i need to understand this.
You said that the change to map drop rate was made so that every one can get maps and enjoy the end game.

How come the across the board people are running out of maps?

Even me i'm starting to run dry today and that after 1 visits to filshrine and 2 pyramid runs and over 5 or 6 maps i only got 3 level 60 maps.

Maybe you don't realis it but you actually lowered the map drop rate for us who have IIQ and raised it for those who didn't sacrifice damage to get more items.

Umm... considering that he just said this:

"
Chris wrote:

If you had a lot of +quantity items, it's a nerf. If you didn't, it's a boost. The value is now what we intended, and encourages people to play maps with harder mods (in which case you get more than one map per map you do, on average!)

I think he gets that completely. Maybe the drop rate still needs to be adjusted, but it may take more than a day to decide that.
Personally I think the reflect limit should still exist somehow:
ex. 100% of max health [before resistances]
or 30% of max health after resistances

I was of the opinion that 25% before resistances was indeed too weak since that becomes like 6% with max resistances so it's nice that it was changed, but removing the limit entirely is kinda lame in my opinion — It seems too reckless.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 11, 2012, 9:17:17 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
Personally I think the reflect limit should still exist somehow:
ex. 100% of max health [before resistances]
or 30% of max health after resistances

I was of the opinion that 25% before resistances was indeed too weak since that becomes like 6% with max resistances so it's nice that it was changed, but removing the limit entirely is kinda lame in my opinion — It seems too reckless.
Capping it at 25% after resistances would be nice, I 2 hit myself twice today, and it's not like I have no defense (although my resists were quite suspect), I have 9k ES.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Capping after resistances means there's little point in getting resistances. If the cap would apply after your resistances, then it would apply if you had no resistance, and still cap to the same amount, thus making the resistances have no effect on that damage. If a cap were to return, it would pretty much have to be before resistances, as it was before.
Lots of discussion ingame about map drop rates.

The long and the short of it is maps are dropping a lot less than pre-patch.

Since 9.12c the drop rate is consistently being reported as "Use 3 maps, get 1-2 back"

Now its virtually impossible to "break even" on map drops and get as many as you use.

Previously it was possible to break even but only at relatively high IIQ levels (80-150% and beyond).

Personally the enjoyment of running maps and the random 2 steps forward, 1 back nature of map levels is a lot of fun, going back to regular content is not an option which will keep my interest in the game and definitely not one which would make me want to spend any more money on it.

Basically , please give us viable/sustainable drop rates on maps, Enough low level maps to make the VENDOR recipe to turn in 3 maps for 1 of a +1 level a viable option, and enough to ensure players rarely, if ever, run out of maps once they hit the endgame.

The 24% figure is far too low for endgame sustainability. With the only viable content for high level players being high level maps, this is a serious issue.

Can we please get a "no nonsense" answer to this?

A> Is it intended for players to be able to do maps full time after a certain point?

OR
B> Is it intended for players to run out of maps of any kind and need to go back to content 20 levels lower than their character level in order to get maps ?

If the answer is "B" then there needs to be viable content for players over lvl 75 other than maps.

Ultimately "Sustainable" maps seems like the better endgame, but a confirmation/fix from GGG would reassure a lot of players.

Last edited by blackadda on Sep 12, 2012, 1:49:31 AM
"
blackadda wrote:
Lots of discussion ingame about map drop rates.

the long and the short of it is maps are dropping a lot less than pre-patch.

Now its virtually impossible to "break even" on map drops and get as many as you use.

Previously it was possible to break even but only at relatively high IIQ levels (80-150% and beyond).

Personally I had periods where I ran low on maps even at 150%, but I do believe I was at the extreme end of statistical probability during that period of bad luck.

Since 9.12c however the drop rate is consistently being reported as "Use 3 maps, get 1-2 back"

The 24% figure is far too low for endgame sustainability. With the only viable content for high level players being high level maps, this is a serious issue.

Can we please get a "no nonsense" answer to this?

A> Is it intended for players to be able to do maps full time after a certain point?

OR
B> Is it intended for players to run out of maps of any kind and need to go back to content 20 levels lower than their character level in order to get maps ?

If the answer is "B" then there needs to be viable content for players over lvl 75 other than maps.

Ultimately "Sustainable" maps seems like the better endgame, but a confirmation/fix from GGG would reassure a lot of players.

You assumption with "B" is based on the current content, which is still beta. They may very well not intend for people to run high level maps full time once Open Beta releases, there may be comparable areas in Act3 where you can go once you run out of Maps.

But if their intention is for us to run maps 24/7 then they will surely look at the drop rate of maps again.

While it may make me sound like a broken record... This is still beta and they are trying things out, tuning and so on.

I have full confidence in GGG, and i'm sure they will look at the drop rates again if they see a problem.
"
Chris wrote:

If you had a lot of +quantity items, it's a nerf. If you didn't, it's a boost. The value is now what we intended, and encourages people to play maps with harder mods (in which case you get more than one map per map you do, on average!)

If this is true can you give us a ballpark on where the "use one/get one" baseline is?

Right now it seems even 50% quality maps have very low returns.

Additionally the recent change in what item slots can drop IIQ/IIR mods means a lot less items that produce alchemy shards, so subsequently, people have less alchemy orbs to spend on making maps.

All of this combined makes getting higher/harder mods on maps more problematic than before the slots change.
Last edited by blackadda on Sep 12, 2012, 2:04:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info