0.9.12c Patch Notes

"
Chris wrote:

Only players who had allocated one of the two removed passives had a refund.
I'm just nit-picking, but one didn't have to take one of the removed passives. As far as I can tell, all they had to do have invested in a node which was adjacent to a change, such as an added branch.

My passives wouldn't have changed at all due to the change but I was given a respec anyway. I think it's reasonable though, since it did technically give me more options (new link between nodes appeared)
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 12, 2012, 3:20:06 AM
The sockets are a kinda difficult for me to see, I am red-green colorblind. For the most part dark colors are very very difficult for us to differentiate. Dark greens, reds, and blues look like the same color brown.

Other people seem to like these sockets, mabye we could have a toggle to switch between colorblind friendly bright sockets (the ones in 9.12a were AWESOME!) and the darker non-handicapped sockets.

The current sockets seem to only have a small slice of distinguishable color on the top right and bottom left for me. The top left looks yellowish white, and the bottom right looks brown on all of the sockets.
Last edited by Flytheelephant on Sep 12, 2012, 3:23:43 AM
"
Other people seem to like these sockets, mabye we could have a toggle to switch between colorblind friendly bright sockets (the ones in 9.12a were AWESOME!) and the darker non-handicapped sockets.

Heh? Almost everyone says that the color/hue/brightness of sockets should be changed for colorblind people. Well, what about changing the shape of sockets? Square for red, circle for green, triangle/pentagon for blue? Also there is more than one type of colorblind disorder, so finding the good colors which would suit to everyone is much harder (for example, if someone have monochromacy, you will never find a good colors as they can see only shades of gray)

As for the skills gems, they can have the shape engraved on them for example.
"
Serika wrote:
"
Burgingham wrote:
"

I would like to add something I DON'T like, which is the new socket/link layout for items when you see them on ground. I find it much harder to actually see what is linked and what is not.

Hm, interesting. Me and the people I play with agree that it is much easier to see the sockets an item has now while it is on the ground without hovering over it. Has made the looting proccess a lot faster for myself.

Don't agree with you here. How many link has the item above, when you don't look at the zoomed in version? :p

Also I have a hard time telling if there is a link between red and blue sockets. It's almost invisible to me.

I have an issue with the new font size for the descriptions, it is too small for me. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be and I have a hard time reading it now. Can we get an option for increased size there?

(In a more positive note, the new minions rule. :D )

This thread grows pretty fast. Anyways, I actually did not know that the last link didn't even line up properly like the rest seems to be. But I still think it's too hard to see. I mean, you are not supposed to stand and stare at the socket/link layout to be 100% about what the layout is. It should take you maybe 1-2 seconds at most from when you see the item drop. Like I did with the old layout. I think the actual socketcolors should get another space from each other to make it easier to read. This is all about the very small itemview on ground btw, so nobody is mistaken.

So if the socketlayout is this now for one-linked: X-X It might help to just make it: X - X Note that not as drastic as it is shown here, but just another smaller space from all directions to make it easier to view.
This especially affects if you have a high resolution, like: 1980x1080. I don't know about lower ones.
Onslaught League: KoleStoleMyVirginity, Witch 54
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Capping after resistances means there's little point in getting resistances. If the cap would apply after your resistances, then it would apply if you had no resistance, and still cap to the same amount, thus making the resistances have no effect on that damage. If a cap were to return, it would pretty much have to be before resistances, as it was before.

Mark what does this mean?

Let's say i'm a level 70 any class and i can deal 5k damage with 2.4k HP

If i go to felshrine that means that if spot a group of monsters with this Aura i can 1 shot myslef with say 1 freezing pulse or 1 ground slam.
There is something wrong with level 54 mobs killing level 70 player.

Let's not take also about maps that have this as a MOD with all mobs have 20% reflect.

FFA loot = Single Player Game
"
BaggerX wrote:
"
silentman wrote:
Chris i need to understand this.
You said that the change to map drop rate was made so that every one can get maps and enjoy the end game.

How come the across the board people are running out of maps?

Even me i'm starting to run dry today and that after 1 visits to filshrine and 2 pyramid runs and over 5 or 6 maps i only got 3 level 60 maps.

Maybe you don't realis it but you actually lowered the map drop rate for us who have IIQ and raised it for those who didn't sacrifice damage to get more items.

Umm... considering that he just said this:

"
Chris wrote:

If you had a lot of +quantity items, it's a nerf. If you didn't, it's a boost. The value is now what we intended, and encourages people to play maps with harder mods (in which case you get more than one map per map you do, on average!)

I think he gets that completely. Maybe the drop rate still needs to be adjusted, but it may take more than a day to decide that.

Then i've to say that the value that they intended doesn't work and every one are getting fewer maps and had to go farm low level areas.

I need an answer am i supposed to go back fighting mobs 20 level lower than me to get level 60-61 maps? "if get any"
I need a clear answer not a political one.
FFA loot = Single Player Game
I got an issue concerning the new bridging quest "The way forward".

It appeared in my quest log in both normal and ruthless difficulty but not in cruel difficulty. However, I was able to complete it.

Keep up the good work!
"
silentman wrote:

Mark what does this mean?

Let's say i'm a level 70 any class and i can deal 5k damage with 2.4k HP

If i go to felshrine that means that if spot a group of monsters with this Aura i can 1 shot myslef with say 1 freezing pulse or 1 ground slam.
There is something wrong with level 54 mobs killing level 70 player.

Let's not take also about maps that have this as a MOD with all mobs have 20% reflect.

For you to die in that scenario and you have 75% resistances (and the monsters have 0% resistances, which is unlikely), you'd need to deal the damage to 10 targets before you'd die — that said, I also think it's very difficult for someone to get that much average damage (not DPS) on an AoE/multiple_projectile+piercing skill. (although I guess if shock, critical, and curse was factored in it wouldn't be hard)
However, I'd say it's also quite common for people to have far less health than 2.4k, so that kinda balances out.

Anyway, I don't think Mark is saying there shouldn't be a cap; he's just saying the current system of capping damage shouldn't change (the cap should still apply before the resistances). Personally I disagree that it's necessary to keep it that way — both systems can work. He never said one way or another whether a cap will be re-introduced, but I think that something like [80–]100% damage cap is pretty reasonable — that's FOUR TIMES more than before, which makes it so that you can die in 4 hits with max resists, which is pretty dangerous, but not necessarily instant suicide for glass cannon builds who just happened to get an unlikely critical hit or something.

insignificant blurb/rant to Mark:
Spoiler
Just because there's a damage cap on one small source of damage in the game (damage reflection) does not mean people wouldn't get resistances. Even if there was a damage cap on all damage, it still wouldn't mean they wouldn't get resistances, because if the cap was something high like 33% (or even more like 50%), they could get knocked out really easily in just 2-3 hits (assuming FULL health) which is ridiculously fragile. That said, I don't care whether or not the cap is before the resistances — it just means the cap would become larger or smaller (ie. 33% (or 25%) vs 100%).
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Sep 12, 2012, 5:46:30 AM
Nothing really changes about maps, if before we needed huge amount of quantity for loot maps, now we need it for farm orbs for roll map with good quantity and without suicidal mods :).
Come on guys, what the..

Please DISREGARD colourblind people.

You are not implementing dyslectic friendly fonts now are you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info