[0.9.12] Show us your interesting characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

This is another re-imagining of the melee witch: RapierWitch(lvl 49)!

this one, instead of relying on auras for damage, relies on speed, which can be clearly seen with the weapon in her hand:
Unavailable

what you might have also noticed is the skill embedded into the blade: Blood Rage. this is used get 4 (in the future, 5) frenzy charges.
like in the previous version, this is used:
Unavailable

because of the 20% chance critical i have i can easily pick up all 4 power charges(crit chance up to 30%) and keep them going as long as i have something to kill. with blood rage the charges become even easier to maintain

skills:
double strike:single enemies
Cleave:hordes
viper strike: Rare and unique mobs
clarity
blood rage: charges to increace speed
tempest shield:on hold due to lack of mana
critical weakness
Phase run: mobility

future improvements:

get better socketed items to increace my critical chance and speed even further

more health (current 1k)
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I'd like to submit JamesStones - a Shadow who uses Blood Rage, Chaos Inoculation, and Ghost Reaver.

It's probably a common build or considered build after 0.9.12, which introduced Ghost Reaver and made the life leech on claws usable with a Shadow who chooses energy shield for defense.

With claws, high attack speed, and blood rage, this build can wade through groups of monsters, gaining frenzy charges and leeching back any shield he has lost. Chaos Inoculation and blood rage is a great combo for this build, as Blood Rage provides extra leeching while being immune to the Chaos damage it usually dishes out.

This build plays differently than I am used to for melee - you won't survive long on the middle of a pack - jump around with flicker strike and whirling blades to thin out the crowd, then go after them one at a time with double-strike. It took some getting used to and is risky with rubber-banding, but it is a heck of a lot of fun - weaken a pack with whirling blades, then continuously flicker-strike the pack. Each frenzy charge increases the attack speed of flicker strike, and you can spend a charge to flicker strike without a cooldown, letting you jump around with the skill continuously until there are no more targets (I get giddy just talking about it)

The passive layout is here: Innoculated Rager

The gear for this build is not strict, as long as you work on maximizing energy shield and have life leech claws.

It's a good idea not to take Chaos Inoculation until you have Ghost Reaver, around 6% life leech from skills and claws, and a good chunk of shield.

I tried working Vaal Pact into this build, but the distance to travel for it is probably not worth the defensive bonus.

I had great fun with this build - thanks!

Character: Synstorm
Class: Ranger
Level: 49 (and climbing)
Build: Claw, life stealing, fast attack speed Iron Reflex, LIGHTNING STRIKE

I use Clarity to keep decent mana regen despite only having about 120 mana overall with the reserve taken out. (used to use grace too but can't afford both anymore) with this I use frenzy to get charges if needed, dual strike on stronger solo mobs or puncture to kite heavy hitters... the real fun is using Lightning strike and whirling blades.

This claw character could be completely ranged if you want it to be. I use projectile weakness first I then position myself and use the shift button to stand still and pour out lightning strikes, combined with lesser multiple projectile (greater would be great but I never take time to trade), faster projectiles and Faster attack. This is combined with my highly increased attack speed. The DPS isn't insanely high (partly because I am using weaker claws) but each claw gives me 15hp per hit, 30 total... each lightning projectile gives me 30hp. when I get hit it is incredibly easy to get health back. If enemies get too close I whirling blade through them and steal more health from that too. I keep fire trap out and explode corpse just as utility, also phase run, this character has high movement speed already though. I know I could make this better with some trading to get better resits or better arrangements for my gems but I never get around to it. Overall its very satisfying to watch the lightning refill my health. This build is excellent for murdering a crowd.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Hey guys!

I wanted to show off my Heavy Energy Shield Shadow called Prinne. He's currently lvl 34, but he got (nearly) his full potential at lvl 32. Why do I call it an "Heavy Energy Shield" shadow? Let me explain.

So my character has 1935 Energy shield at lvl 34 with decent items. As far as I know that's pretty high. I achieve this with the following:
- Chaos Inoculation
- Several energy shield passive nodes
- The Discipline aura
And the most important: Two Ephemeral Edges. This makes my character have a crazy amount of energy shield. I think I've gathered around 200% energy shield increase. I wear all Energy shield items, and since I have a pretty high percentage increase getting armor with more ES will substantially increase the Energy shield my character has. Using the weapons have no downside, since the 10% health decrease is not really an issue with CI.

I also got Ghost reaver to steal energy shield and the Blood Rage gem, so I could get life steal. The Blood Rage gem also syngergizes well with my build, since it deals chaos damage, but CI negates that.

I've also got the unique boots Shavronne's Pace, which grants me good ES and 35% movement speed when on full life.

My main skills are Heavy Strike and Cleave, which are linked to 30% melee damage on full life. This again works well due to the fact that I'm always on full life. I also use whirling blades to cross some distance. Due to the mana steal on the Ephemeral Edges I can easily sustain my pretty high mana pool.

All in all I really enjoy playing my character, and I think he's pretty viable and will probably continue playing him.

Last edited by sonsofhorus on Sep 27, 2012, 2:26:30 PM
Return of the Glass Cannon!

Name: Annapurna
Class: Ranger
Level 59
Build: A/PA/AD Evasion bow ranger with flat ele.dmg

With tanky being the dish of the day, this is exactly opposite - Low HP/pure evade-avoid. With the changes to evasion this lady is extremely durable.

She uses a fast bow with Elemental Hit and Lightning Arrow combined with lots of flat ele.dmg mods on gear to dish out serious damage.

As I use almost no bow passives she is also pretty capable using a one-hander + a shield on weapon switch.
However it is much too fun to mowing down foes machine gun style.
[Standard league - UTC +2]
The new build is up and is there a reason why Chris doesn't inform us here?

In my opinion the build is not only crap, it also not innovative and not showing any interesting game mechanics. Youtube-Users also seem to question themselves why this has been picked (see comments there).

Maybe I'm posting because my build wasn't picked :D
But this wouldn't be a problem if the build of this week was showing interesting things instead of being a flicker strike build that everyone played before it was nerfed. It even doesn't seem to work on hc, doesn't kill fast, so I'm disappointed.

But what I really want to say with this post is (forget the crap above):

What a big punch in the face is this week's update for someone who posted his build here earlier? Invalesco seems to be trolled big time:

"
Invalesco wrote:
Versatile Crit Dagger Shadow using the Ghost Reaver passive node amongst others

Character: Level 77 Shadow in HC by the name of Keiianved

skill tree build is: here

Explanation of build:
Not sure if it is anything unusual or different, more that it is just a very versatile shadow with the ability to keep flicker up for quite a while due to the high dps output on flicker strike. also has the ability to facetank mobs due to the ghost reaver keystone, the surgeon's granite flasks and the eye of chayula unique.

Makes use of purity as one of it's auras to max it's resists, which might be relevant to the upcoming changes - resistance penalties.

gameplay video example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcPgqbW1kLo&feature=player_embedded

With his post he even asks if his build is anything unusual or different. But in fact it is far more innovative than what was published today. It has been posted earlier and is similar (flicker strike, lightning strike). And finally his build works better (kills faster, has more survivability and synergies do exist). So I'm very sorry for Invalesco, who has sumbitted something very comparable but better :D
http://www.roadatlas.eu
We are never going to see a shadow. :(

For a "Flicker Strike" character, I'd much rather have shown off an older flicker character without cooldowns, or a current one that can generate indefinite frenzy charges (either via Terminus Est + Diamond Flasks or enough damage + Blood Rage).
"
0nin wrote:
Actually, let me enter another character:

Name: Onin
Build: Spark Shadow
Cool because: Lightning everywhere!
Update to this character since he's gotten quite a bit further now.

Level: 67
Passive skill tree
Gems:
Spark - linked to Pierce, Increased Critical Strikes, and Item Rarity. If I manage to get a 6L, it'll also get Item Quantity and Faster Casting. I'd love to be able to put LMP and Added Lightning onto it, but with the way endgame works IIR/IIQ gems are just optimal. I have plenty killing power with just two supports.
Lightning Warp - used to be linked to Trap and Added Lightning Damage. This was more of an experiment, hoping to be able to turn LW into a core damaging spell through Trap. It failed, the mana cost is too high, the cooldown too significant, and the damage too mediocre. Its only real use was weakening Elemental Reflect mobs.
Whirling Blades - linked to Faster Attacks. I'd like to get Added Cold Damage onto it as well, but getting 3 green links is hard on full ES gear.
Blood Rage - Completely free Frenzy charges. Yes please.

Additionally: Elemental Weakness, Detonate Dead, Tempest Shield, Discipline.

Honestly, I was surprised with how efficient this build is. You literally only need Spark with Pierce and a decent amount of critical strike chance, and everything just dies. Shocked stacks so quickly, so frequently, that even 75% Lightning Resistance maps are relatively easy. You don't need any mana regeneration methods other than Surgeon's Flasks, and I only need 3 of them to support my current mana use, leaving room for 2 Diamond flasks. With all the spare passives this build leaves, I went and picked up a 54% block chance along with Tempest Shield to add some more lightning to the build; more for flavour than effectiveness, really.

With over 3k ES and 50% block, this build is very tanky.
With 30% crit chance and 100% increased cast speed, it eats through maps.
With hardly any gear requirement, it's perfect for stacking MF.
And it's still fun. Most one-click builds bore easily, but something about Sparks flying everywhere and critting everything is just so fun.
Last edited by 0nin on Oct 1, 2012, 7:13:07 AM
Bringing in some shadow love :

My shadow "Zrayl" is currently lvl60. He uses Elemental Hit and Explosive Arrow as main damage sources. He has two uniques items in his equipment, Death's harp and Maligaro's Virtuosity. These items allows him to reach 1300% crit multiplier. +1 arrow from Death's harp is very handy with EA.
His defense comes from Chaos Innoculation. He has enough mana regen, so he doesn't need any mana flask. Therefore, he uses 2 granite flasks and 3 diamond flasks.

Skills

Elemental hit + crit chance + crit mult + added lightning + added accuracy
Explosive arrow + lmp + faster attacks

Blood rage
Raise zombie

Projectile Weakness
Elemental Weakness

Discipline
Grace
Clarity
Anger
Wrath

Playstyle

Explosive Arrow + elemental weakness for mob packs. Elemental hit is used as main attack with projectile weakness for isolated mobs or bosses.
Everytime a yellow mob appears, pop a diamond flask, then one shot him (2 shots if he is lucky). Same strategy for map bosses.

This character makes bosses look ridiculously easy, I can't give dps numbers but Vaal Oversoul dies with about 5 or 6 hits. He is able to clear yellow maps above his level. Still, even I if I don't remember the last time I died with him, he must be used with caution since he is bit of a glass cannon (2700 shield). That's why zombies are a nice help during hard times.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Oct 1, 2012, 3:57:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info