Arctic Breath

I can almost tolerate it clipping rocks and other debris, but not being able to fire up/down levels or across gaps in the terrain is really frustrating. Will probably end up switching to Fireball because of this, but wanted to try it out after the buffs. Glacial cascade suffers from the same problem.

Surely there is a way to code it so that it acts as a projectile that travels across the ground, except for when it encounters gaps in said ground. I mean, you can't even fire over holes devourers make. Pretty annoying.
The damage boost really saved this skill from oblivion.

Tired of eating reflected Physical with EK? AB+LMP+Chain+Faster Casting and enjoy the built-in chill. On the whole screen.
You can also enjoy 4 damage modifiers (spell, elemental, cold, projectile) compared to EK's that forced you to use specific items due to pure Physical being rare.

Add Elem Prolif for good measure and consider making it a Trap instead of Coldsnap.

Also, unlike other projectile traps that cast in a random direction (ie: Ice Spear), all 3 projectiles from LMP will strike the triggering mob if it's alone.

Added Cold prolongs the chill duration and add even more damage for a focused Cold build.

A 6L AB+Trap+Cold Pen+Conc Effect+Added Cold+Elem Prolif, trap passives and spell damage on gear should be a lot of fun.

EDIT: I tested Concentrated Effect and it does NOT improve the damage.
It seems that it just make the icy ground patch smaller.
Last edited by Darkwings83 on Jun 10, 2014, 10:54:01 AM
Arctic breath hits twice. The damage displayed shows the projectile damage. But there is also a small AOE which does its own damage that isn't shown. Concentrated effect increases the damage of that AOE.
AB does not hit twice. When the Projectile expires (hits a target without Piercing, Forking or Chaining), it only deals AoE damage. Otherwise, correct.
What is. The numerical value of arctic breath AOE?
"
What is. The numerical value of arctic breath AOE?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707/page/226#p5041495
Leveling in the one month hc league with a witch. Primarily using Freezing Pulse but tried replacing it with Arctic Breath and to my surprise, Arctic Breath is better in literally every possible way than Freezing Pulse (with the exact same supports - eccho, cold pen, gmp). Higher damage, no point blank damage penalty, more CC due to chill. And I cannot emphasize higher damage enough, Freezing Pulse damage is a joke compared to Arctic Breath. At least currently at lvl 55.

I see no reason whatsoever in ever using Freezing Pulse instead of Arctic Breath. Why should I when I can be more safe AND deal way more damage with Arctic Breath? And that's not even all - Arctic Breath looks way more bad ass than Freezing Pulse.
Pants of Textile
Last edited by nikals on Jul 22, 2014, 7:03:04 PM
FP pierces (more relevant in Merc due to higher packsize), and casts way faster. 20% more Crit Chance too.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 22, 2014, 7:24:01 PM
"
nikals wrote:
Leveling in the one month hc league with a witch. Primarily using Freezing Pulse but tried replacing it with Arctic Breath and to my surprise, Arctic Breath is better in literally every possible way than Freezing Pulse (with the exact same supports - eccho, cold pen, gmp). Higher damage, no point blank damage penalty, more CC due to chill. And I cannot emphasize higher damage enough, Freezing Pulse damage is a joke compared to Arctic Breath. At least currently at lvl 55.

I see no reason whatsoever in ever using Freezing Pulse instead of Arctic Breath. Why should I when I can be more safe AND deal way more damage with Arctic Breath? And that's not even all - Arctic Breath looks way more bad ass than Freezing Pulse.

Let's see how post 1.2 Freezing Pulse compares to Arctic Breath. My fingers are crossed for a Freeze Pulse that is viable in end game maps.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
So, will be in crit build, wearing 3 dragons mask and using combo:
AB + SE + GMP/LMP + Power On Crit, + Increased Critical Multiplier and COLD TO FIRE. In summary u will can chill, ignite, and shock in the same time, clicking 1 button!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info