Arctic Breath

Currently, this skill needs a bit of a damage buff (I'd say 10% or so) or a mana reduction. Running a 7 link (Bitterdream, heh) can spike mana costs to about 88 before mana reduction nodes. Hell, just a 6 link would cause it to cost about 67ish mana. The amount of nodes required to make it usable is substantial compared to other ice spells.

I do appreciate its synergy with Temporal Chains and chilled ground :D

To be honest, any kind of utility based abilities don't get used often enough. Even Decoy totem is barely seeing usage in ANY kind of build whatsoever. Either everything just dies, or it doesn't affect the monsters enough (AKA boss curse reduction) Or are straight up immune (Atziri, Wolf mode Rigwald)
Unique Map Making~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174961

I like music. Do you like music? Cause I sure as hell like a lot of random music.
Last edited by SerythXavier on Feb 20, 2016, 7:21:48 PM
Arctic breath is a skill i've always loved but it's offputting that it doesn't travel over the same types of obstacles as frost bolt, fireball etc (for example lunaris temple 2, from the edges of the path) atleast i see both arctic breath and frostbolt as the same types of skills (both fly...) only difference is that arctic breath leaves behind a freezing ground effect, maybe that was the reason for the different types of interaction with certain obstacles when it was first programmed and has been left like this since then? would love to see it interact with obstacles the same way that frost bolt and fireball do in 3.0. (want to revive one of my fav. builds :) + it might make some people like the skill more)
can some one tell me, if i link AB with elemental focus, will the chilled ground caused by AB still chill?

THX!
Yes, it definitely should. After all, if you convert all it's damage to fire, the ground effect doesn't suddenly burn.
It's a relatively weak chill, however.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
skill need a jewel with pierce chance and aoe. fireball is better than artic for everything.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Honestly, this is a skill that would benefit a ton from a rework. I kinda hope they make Arctic Breath into a cold channeling skill, since it has a great name for it.
"
GrimoireM wrote:
Honestly, this is a skill that would benefit a ton from a rework. I kinda hope they make Arctic Breath into a cold channeling skill, since it has a great name for it.

+
Please create cold channeling skill (Cold DoT)
Spoiler
Last edited by spherelord on Dec 15, 2017, 3:56:06 PM
Very underwhelming skill, lvl 20, max dmg not even 1.1k like frostbolt/fire ball.
My suggestion is to give jewel, such that the skill can hone in to an enemy?

Another suggestion, make the skill jump out from below the enemy instead of traveling from caster? Like a skull opening its mouth and explode from below the enemy, with the aoe size used as the chilling ground size.

Also another suggestion, maybe make the damage scale linearly to the explosion AoE?

Need to bump up its chill effect/ critical chance/ dmg effectiveness. Seriously, this skill is extremely underwhelming currently.

Lets discuss further :)
Last edited by traitorzz on Jan 3, 2018, 9:22:36 AM
yes weak skill in this era, x-z damage should be buffed or give secondary damage to the explosion
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
I'd advocate for a full rework to a channeling skill. I have no details beyond that other than we do need a cold channeling skill and this appears to be used by less than 1% of the population so its very off meta presently.
IGN : Reamus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info