0.9.12 Patch Notes

I'd like to throw in some positive feedback with this patch.

1. Tons of life and sword damage passives - so much choice and much needed addition to the dex tree.
2. I like Leap Slam a lot, though it seems to be missing quite a bit in terms of damage.
3. Flicker Strike and whirling blades are less glitchly before, especially flicker strike where it would miss constantly.

The only thing so far that I really don't like about this patch is the color/layout of the new sockets. Like many others have noted, it looks horrible and cartoony. Also the text could be enlargened.

Also quick question: is Ice Shot a choice in a quest reward?
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Added a bridging quest to send people towards Act Two after they leave the prison. In return for unblocking the passage between the two acts, you are rewarded with a Passive Skill point

How the hell are the existing chars obtaining these 4 skill points? There's no new quests to take other than the one with the bear in act2 :|
Wow the new gem socket color is just disgusting looking. This bright neon look is not going to work. I appreciate the hard work on patches as always but no... just no.
"
sir_k wrote:
"
Added a bridging quest to send people towards Act Two after they leave the prison. In return for unblocking the passage between the two acts, you are rewarded with a Passive Skill point

How the hell are the existing chars obtaining these 4 skill points? There's no new quests to take other than the one with the bear in act2 :|

Lol. Just talk to Silk I believe and he'll give you the quest to bridge the 2 acts together in Act 2. Head over to Alira's Camp, press the switch next to the spike-covered the pathway, and then head over to Act 1 and talk to Bestel and voila, passive point. Repeat for other difficulties.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Damage conversion effects from the same damage type are now scaled if they would convert more than 100% of that damage. All damage conversion which does not come from skills is scaled down such that the total damage conversion (including the conversion from skills) is 100%.[/li]
so... if a person had 50% damage convert to fire and 35% convert to cold and tried to use lightning arrow (skill based 50% convert to lightning), would the skill only take 50% of left over or the 15% left to make convert total 100%?
All those negative comments about the gem socket color are in fact positive comments on the patch. If that's the most important comment? Job well done!

Being a software engineer myself I know the feeling making a beautiful piece of software and be criticized about font sizes and colors. The feeling it gives sucks, but the good side of all this: it's pretty easy to fix.
The patch looks like it took a LOT of work. And took lots of user feedback into account too!

Awesome work!
Basics of how to play (by Malice): tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Walkthrough for Act I and II (by KrapnoV) : tinyurl.com/7w3a3gd
Mechanics - how the game works (by Malice) : tinyurl.com/6p4zbl5
Crafting Guide (by Invalesco) : bit.ly/craftpoe
Mechanics videos (by Eztheal) : bit.ly/UTwFAV
"
Magnamuz wrote:
"
TPxErebus wrote:
Overall another big step forward with the game, BUT please reconsider your changes to the socket interface they look really boring and flat now. I loved the old sockets and many more here agree with this. The same goes for the links between the sockets.

Yeap, I agree too.

Same here !
But anyway - great job !
MSG me in-game: sivecky

My GMT: +1 Central Europe (Poland)
i must agree with all this people who says that this new color and look of sockets is now ugly. So please consider adding the new option in UI for the colorblind people to the new one, and if someone dont like it the old one.
Yep, new socket colors are worse and item description font color looks too neon bright too. Both things could be alright by themselves, but the just so out of place in this particular game.

Other than that, you did great job.
Diablo 3 completely sucks donkey balls to PoE BETA.
I mean, seriously, this closed beta and it is 100 times better than most AAA finished games out there!
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Sep 10, 2012, 12:00:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info