0.9.12 Patch Notes

"
Fiveby5 wrote:
I just want to chime in and say that the new sockets are way to clean and bright. It's almost difficult to look at a 6 socket item and quickly assess the colors because of the brightness before I could eyeball items rapidly and move along. I really do not like the way they do not fit with the overall game environment now.

+1; I also don't like the new links.. now it's much harder to see how many links (and if it's 5L or 5S/4L) there are with quick scan.

I understand this change was done for people with sight difficulties, but it would be awesome, if this could be an option.
Great work on the patch and on the entire game for that matter, keep it up! <3

However I do have one request- please add a toggle in the UI options tab to enable/disable the legacy UI. I liked the pre-0.9.12 look of stuff way better as it was more gritty and more true to the nature of the game (imho).

Thanks

EDIT: "stuff" = gem text color and size, socket color shape and size, socket link art and on-the-ground visual, option to have sockets always visible in inventory/stash, etc...
Last edited by moist_towelette on Sep 10, 2012, 3:29:32 AM
Awesome patch, love it. I lost almost 1/3 of my health, -610 HP as a HP regen marauder though. Ouch, I only had 2300 too. Wonder how those near 3000 are doing.
thanks for changing up the colours on the sockets, i'm colour blind and it helps out a lot.
"
Balron wrote:
"
Fiveby5 wrote:
I just want to chime in and say that the new sockets are way to clean and bright. It's almost difficult to look at a 6 socket item and quickly assess the colors because of the brightness before I could eyeball items rapidly and move along. I really do not like the way they do not fit with the overall game environment now.

+1; I also don't like the new links.. now it's much harder to see how many links (and if it's 5L or 5S/4L) there are with quick scan.

I understand this change was done for people with sight difficulties, but it would be awesome, if this could be an option.

I think the option idea is great!
because the old sokets lookt so beautiful,
and the new ones are...well, a bit ugly
they look like happy candy drops.

please make it an option!
<3ggg
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Skill and Support Gems now have tags that show what types of things affect them. For example, gems affected by "+1 to Level of Fire Gems in this item" would now say "Fire" on them.[/li]

YAY! My old idea implemented! After all this time. :)

Good to see that you dont forget good feedback GGG!

/love

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8471/highlight/
"
moomaaru wrote:
"
Balron wrote:
"
Fiveby5 wrote:

I think the option idea is great!
because the old sokets lookt so beautiful,
and the new ones are...well, a bit ugly
they look like happy candy drops.

please make it an option!

Yeah I agree.

I also think the new item tooltips text is too small. and I think the old socket colors were much better, I understand though if people were having problems differentiating the colors.

New passive tree is very nice, great job. Most of the other stuff is great but again my only gripes is now with the socket colors far too bright, and the item text is very small and hard to read.
"
Chris wrote:
Raise Zombie: The damage bonus for zombies now only applies for skill level 15 and up (level 54 zombies).

1) I'm not understanding this, which damage bonus are we talking about (support gem? skill tree?) and why the hell is it applied starting from Lv.15???

2) Minions are not responding well with ranged attackers, not even if they get hit. They just stand there with a guy just 2 meters away shooting arrows like crazy...

3) Now the maximum specters allowed are 2? With passive skill and everything? Am I missing something?

4) The minion count icon (2+ minions) could have a life bar with the overall amount of life to know the general condition of your minions, or the most injured minion, to see if activating a flask with minion regeneration is necessary or not.

5) I think minions got really nerfed, I don't feel equally strong against monsters my own level. I even felt stronger before when minions worked horribly wrong :S

P.D: sorry, my question repeats later u_u

Last edited by Magnamuz on Sep 10, 2012, 8:54:21 AM
Nice work on the new patch..it was a biggie!

My only concern after being on for about 10 minutes after downloading the patch is, as with most people here, about the sockets and how bright they are. I completely understand your intentions - making them easier for colourblind people but would it be at all possible to make it as an option to choose which one one prefers? I feel the new bright colours are way too overbearing for my eyes. And the text on the items is a bit on the small side. I can imagine after awhile my eyes will ache from trying to read them. It looks good but I'm just not sure it is very practical.

Other than that looking forward to doing the new quests!
Great work as usual GGG.

Was this patch considering eliminating the effect of IIQ on map drop rates? If so, what was the final decision?

Petrov.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info