0.9.12 Patch Notes

"
ruicunha wrote:
are colourblind people more than 10 % of game users or you have only one high game supporter to make this ugly change?

It's actually quite common with men (it has something to do with the Y-chromosome).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blind#Epidemiology

Considering most players are probably men, it might even be more than 10% ;)

on topic:
I played through the first act this evening and I really liked all those small, atmospheric changes.
Has someone else noticed the nicer level design, "prettier" dying sounds etc.
Even my ranger's ouch-screams sound way better :D
I can't really name what makes the difference, but it all feels so much more alive and less sterile.

@GGG: this is really an amazing patch! IMO a huge step!
"
alkhazali wrote:

OK, so if the new sockets look how they look to help colour blind ppl, then I'm bit lost here.
If you are fully colour blind you don't see colours, right? Then how this cartoony style is going to help you better than the old one which had sockets marked for each colour (triangle for GREEN, rectangle for RED and star for BLUE)?
Now all sockets are flat, so there is no difference between them at all. O_o
Am I missing something?

Hi, I am Red-Green colorblind, I cannot see red or green. The original sockets I actually used the shape of them to tell what gem went where, they were that hard to tell apart(based on color).

For you it takes just a glance to see what the colors of the sockets are. Trying to do it by shape was hard lol.

And for the record, green=yellow most of the time. Except for grass, grass is orange yo. Totally serious.
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
Last edited by didevol on Sep 10, 2012, 5:47:54 PM
Dah, no one giving feedback about minions, it seems the long time with minion issues have reduced summoners to almost none...

If some summoner noticed what I said in my earlier post please say so, so I don't feel crazy u_u

P.S: New sockets suck, please make an option for colorblinded, not mandatory for all.
I like the new colors on sockets, would have to disagree on the shape, though.
I'd suggest a mixture between the (current) bright colors and the previous socket shape design.
"Rock is Overpowered. Paper is fine."
- Scissors.
"
Kaw wrote:
All those negative comments about the gem socket color are in fact positive comments on the patch. If that's the most important comment? Job well done!

Being a software engineer myself I know the feeling making a beautiful piece of software and be criticized about font sizes and colors. The feeling it gives sucks, but the good side of all this: it's pretty easy to fix.

This +1. I'm in the software development industry myself and I totally agree. This is the largest complaint and it is easy to overcome in the next patch or whatever. Most of the rest rocks and one of the other most common complaints I was hearing, "where is socket 'always on' option?" has already been fixed with 0.9.12b (today).

Keep it up GGG!
"
didevol wrote:
"
alkhazali wrote:

OK, so if the new sockets look how they look to help colour blind ppl, then I'm bit lost here.
If you are fully colour blind you don't see colours, right? Then how this cartoony style is going to help you better than the old one which had sockets marked for each colour (triangle for GREEN, rectangle for RED and star for BLUE)?
Now all sockets are flat, so there is no difference between them at all. O_o
Am I missing something?

Hi, I am Red-Green colorblind, I cannot see red or green. The original sockets I actually used the shape of them to tell what gem went where, they were that hard to tell apart(based on color).

For you it takes just a glance to see what the colors of the sockets are. Trying to do it by shape was hard lol.

And for the record, green=yellow most of the time. Except for grass, grass is orange yo. Totally serious.

I like the attention that they have given to the people and what they need here its nice to know they actually care, but in the end, you cant make everyone happy and satisfied and chances are their is a lot less non-color blind people than who are, and it seems like many people would be upset if the sockets stayed this way so there really should be an option to change this for those who actually need it.

But as for this being the majority of the dislike about the new patch i would say its two thumbs up =D I would like to see more feed back of stuff besides the gem sockets though.
GALVANIC HAMMER... HELL YEAH!!!!!

And ONLY accessible through BLUE nodes... OH YEAH... bug off blood marauder
So awesome!
Special big thanks for the minion work done, though their quantity decreased they became much more handy.
IGN BalaGi, SayaKho
loving the new minions,i feel they kill faster now that they dont run away and raise spectre is awsome too archers with life gain on hit works well
<3 exploding minions
"
SayaKho wrote:
So awesome!
Special big thanks for the minion work done, though their quantity decreased they became much more handy.
Yeah, much more handy just because they work now, but the quantity and the 30% less life was something not too handy IMO XD

Maybe I'm comparing them to the first time that minions worked fine, something some of you couldn't try and now see like "wow they kill now, thanks".

I think something's still missing, don't know what yet, maybe something to enlarge the quantity of builds available as summoners.

Something else like "Necromantic Aegis", something to focus more on summons and less in "summons and some magical attack". A healing magic maybe, or something to transfer your entire Energy Shield to them, or to share your elemental damage, something to make them a UNIQUE weapon, not "just a help".

Because most builds with summoners are like "Zombie + Minion Life + Minion Damage + some Elemental Damage + Skeletons". Dig in some summoners and see what I'm saying, most of them have the same builds, and watching the builds of the week videos makes me want to be able to do that with minions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info