Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
Awesome build. I am steamrolling through norm atm. One question, why not take bravado? Seems like a major dmg boost, 24% dmg, +4% block on the way. if you answered in previous 71 pages, I am sorry, but I cant read them all :)

Thanks

There are a lot of good nodes on the the paths you need to travel to get to the Marauder and Ranger trees. The points you'd spend to get that, you could get more with fewer. Plus the 4% block nodes are kinda weak. You'll have plenty enough block by late game, and there are at least 4-5 10% physical damage nodes as filler at the end. I'm level 80, and I still have 4 of these open to me.
"
Emet_PoE wrote:
I'm level 78 with pretty good gear (BoR, Legacy soul taker, 310 dps offhand sword, 20% gems) and my cyclone dps is listed at about 8k. The gems are level 17, and there are still some damage nodes for me to get, so it will go up a little, but still. And don't get me wrong, everything dies pretty fast, even in 70+ maps, but I was just curious.

what is your belt, rings and amulet ?
A lot of DPS comes form those slots that people often overlook. even though those should be items to get resists and health on, having rights mods on them will up your DPS a lot.

belt like this below helps a lot with DPS:
Any physical melee should aim to get good Rustic belt.

my level 7 cyclone shows 4k DPS if i swap my dual strike (18k DPS).
So if your cyclone shows 8k DPS then you seems to have very good gear (or myabe just much better gems as my gems are not improved).

But not sure is it me or is it the way the game handles Cyclone I am unable to control my character once i start spinning which i find very frustrating. with DS i have very good DPS and i can control my character all the time.

I will level Cyclone to level 18 or as much as i can and see how it does but for now i think DS is better for me.

anyone else found using Cyclone frustrating ?
Last edited by Golfik on Nov 3, 2013, 8:06:58 PM
Thanks for this amazing build! I got to say that I'm loving the improved survivability with 1.0.0. In many ways, I think the build is better now than it was before the patch.

I'm only have one minor issue at the moment - occasionally have to pop a mana pot especially when 1 v 1 (eg a boss) but I'm only lvl 72 and suspect with some new gear or higher level, this problem will disappear. The only unique I'm using is BOR - the rest are yellows, but I'm happy :)
Can anyone help me suggest what to upgrade next?

Not sure what to replace...

Current kit:
IGN: ShootForTheLoot [Torment]
@zythyl

Definitely your weapons need upgrade. Those are very weak and need upgrading asap.
If my calculations are right you have 120dps sword and 130dps foil (this is physical damage only - your elemental adds a little bit but not much as it doesn't scale with your passives).
Once you have 250+ dps weapons you should be very well set.

I am not sure about your amulet. i like +40 to intelligence but it has no +Health which you need as melee (whats your total health?)

I would probably get different belt (as you have life/mana leach from gloves) one that is rustic (+% to physical damage) and 80+ health then resists that you need to cap.
"
Golfik wrote:
@zythyl

Definitely your weapons need upgrade. Those are very weak and need upgrading asap.
If my calculations are right you have 120dps sword and 130dps foil (this is physical damage only - your elemental adds a little bit but not much as it doesn't scale with your passives).
Once you have 250+ dps weapons you should be very well set.

I am not sure about your amulet. i like +40 to intelligence but it has no +Health which you need as melee (whats your total health?)

I would probably get different belt (as you have life/mana leach from gloves) one that is rustic (+% to physical damage) and 80+ health then resists that you need to cap.

Don't I need the % life leech though on that belt?

And yeah I know I need to get rid of those weapons but nothing good drops. And the % mana leech is useful on the belt too otherwise I OOM too fast.
IGN: ShootForTheLoot [Torment]
hi guys..i hope to find some help here since i'stucked :(;;;
it's my second char i make. first one was a marauder i got to lvl 60 then i got stucked.

atm i'm lvl 40 and im using this guide.

i feel very tanky and that's cool but atm i'm really lacking dmg.
the mana is my main problem.
i cna spam like 8-10 dual strike then i'm oom and i need to go aa and it takes ages to clear groups of mobs...

the skill i'm using atm is dual strike + melee splash.
i've got also fire dmg but i dont use it due to mana problems.
if i add that support the spell mana requirement are really high.

any suggestion?
i've just started cruel and i feel like i'm not gonna make it for long :/..
what's your suggest?
@zythyl

get better weapons (to increase your dps), then swap Added Fire damage to Blood Magic gem and you will never have issues with mana again (i did it and dropped DPS from 24k to 18k but already mobs are dying fast).

before I was only able to run one aura due to mana issues.

currently i run 1% life leach and this is enough for low level maps. with my totem i have warlords marks which increases my life steal a lot when i am getting hit.

Seems to work really well currently but not tested it on anything else then 68 maps.
"
necrodeath86 wrote:

i've just started cruel and i feel like i'm not gonna make it for long :/..
what's your suggest?

find ring/amulet with mana leech and this will be enough or use Warlords Mark curse which will help you a lot with mana issues. Do Warlords Mark with Blood Magic support gem and this will be easy mode then.
"
zythyl wrote:
Can anyone help me suggest what to upgrade next?

Not sure what to replace...

Current kit:

Maybe you're using Slitherpinch as you have some minor mana problems? I was thinking of temporarily switching to them (I'm already using the same belt) until I get just a little higher or some nice ring/amy drops. I think your most urgent upgrade is the weapons. Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info