Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

Can someone tell me why i can't face small groups of soldiers in the barracks or skeletons in the library please? I'm level 65 with 62% cold resistance and 76% lightning resistance which should be enough for those weak monsters but still it seems i can't leech enough life -_- (4% life leech / 6k dps or 4k5 without aura).

I have 36% armor, 0% fire and -60% chaos but it should be fine since most of those mobs have either electrical or cold or physical abilities...

PS : If someone could explain the chaos resistance stats which seems impossible to find on gears and what monsters in act 3 use such attack.

Thanks.
Hello

I came back after a while, and have noticed that my old trusty "cleave" no longer works and found this guide.

By sheer luck i have bringer of rain helm so i decided to give it a go and as DPS goes with items i have now i am hitting 18-24k dps.

I can go up to 24k dps, but only with one aura as i am having mana issues with two auras and Dual Strike with some many support skills linked. i am left with 56 mana but need around 100 for Dual Strike.

I have all resists but chaos maxed, 3.5k health but i do feel squishy. I have lowered my DPS to 18k (swapped Added Fire to Blood Magic) so i can run two auras while spamming DS.
with all 4 enduring cry charges i have 64% damage reduction.

What do i need to do to not feel so squishy ?? or my numbers for level 76 are good ??

This is my gear:

Spoiler
Can't view the mid and lateish builds. :(
Can you please do something with late-ish and late passive trees? Links doesn't work anymore... :(
Last edited by Golfik on Nov 3, 2013, 4:31:37 PM
"
Jethro1994 wrote:
Can someone tell me why i can't face small groups of soldiers in the barracks or skeletons in the library please? I'm level 65 with 62% cold resistance and 76% lightning resistance which should be enough for those weak monsters but still it seems i can't leech enough life -_- (4% life leech / 6k dps or 4k5 without aura).

I have 36% armor, 0% fire and -60% chaos but it should be fine since most of those mobs have either electrical or cold or physical abilities...

PS : If someone could explain the chaos resistance stats which seems impossible to find on gears and what monsters in act 3 use such attack.

Thanks.

Use life on hit as well, should keep you topped off.
"
Sinnermighty wrote:
"
synergism wrote:
Has this build went through some changes? I'm a little bit confused because I thought this had a "blender" theme going with it per se with cleave as far as the videos, but it 2P says prime attacks are dual strike?? On his current gear, he doesn't even have DS gems etc.. Is this not the original "blender" build? Anyone have any recent vids of the build that's described here?

Cleave got nerfed hard in release. The new build relies on Dual Strike or Cyclone, read the guide.

I did read. It just didn't add up. His gear doesn't even utilize dual strike and the supporting gems in his current gear. I was just saying if this is not the "Blender" build anymore, it needs to be called something else. Make a new thread.

If it's something thats been answered in the 70 pages, it needs to be on the build FAQ. Don't wanna go through all of them lol.

"
synergism wrote:
"
Sinnermighty wrote:
"
synergism wrote:
Has this build went through some changes? I'm a little bit confused because I thought this had a "blender" theme going with it per se with cleave as far as the videos, but it 2P says prime attacks are dual strike?? On his current gear, he doesn't even have DS gems etc.. Is this not the original "blender" build? Anyone have any recent vids of the build that's described here?

Cleave got nerfed hard in release. The new build relies on Dual Strike or Cyclone, read the guide.

I did read. It just didn't add up. His gear doesn't even utilize dual strike and the supporting gems in his current gear. I was just saying if this is not the "Blender" build anymore, it needs to be called something else. Make a new thread.

If it's something thats been answered in the 70 pages, it needs to be on the build FAQ. Don't wanna go through all of them lol.

He doesn't use Dual Strike because Cyclone is a better fit for his current gear. The Dual Strike = Melee Splash is just an alternative for those who lack the gear (or even find the play style more to their liking).

The principle behind this build is the exact same before the nerf to Cleave, and works great for a wide variety of skills. So if the build is 90% the same, and people can associate a physical dual wielding build as a Blender... then why change the name?

This build works with Cyclone, Dual Strike, Cleave, Flicker Strike, and maybe a few others to a lesser extent. There is no point in making 4+ different guides that follow the same build.

And last point. If Cleave = Blender, then Cyclone = Blender +1. So you are right, this should have been labeled Blender +1 Build Guide.
Great build! As many others have said, it is a very fun build. Running it on my Scion and she is shredding things up. Quick question: when people are talking about 40k dps, is that Cyclone, and is that dps on the tooltip?

I'm level 78 with pretty good gear (BoR, Legacy soul taker, 310 dps offhand sword, 20% gems) and my cyclone dps is listed at about 8k. The gems are level 17, and there are still some damage nodes for me to get, so it will go up a little, but still. And don't get me wrong, everything dies pretty fast, even in 70+ maps, but I was just curious.
Last edited by Emet_PoE on Nov 3, 2013, 6:53:34 PM
Awesome build. I am steamrolling through norm atm. One question, why not take bravado? Seems like a major dmg boost, 24% dmg, +4% block on the way. if you answered in previous 71 pages, I am sorry, but I cant read them all :)

Thanks
IGN: @ToeTags
Guild: SSDD
Last edited by ComradeMrki on Nov 3, 2013, 7:29:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info