Official Blender Post! Lets theory craft for 1.2! 123k Cleave DPS!

"
skippyflex wrote:
your skill tree is not showing.
All I see is 115 not used points.

where can i see your skill tree?

Same, I'd be interested in seeing a basic skill tree for a blender build so that I get a rough idea about what to do. Even if it's not the perfect build, would it be possible for someone who use a blender build to upload his?
Here is my take on the blender tree. However, I feel that dual wielding only a specific weapon type is far better. So if you want a tree for any weapon type then just ask :)

This current one is for the basic sword + soul taker combo.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by sawseech on Feb 6, 2015, 11:21:06 AM

This is a buff
new tree prompted by some unfavorable outcomes while attempting to facetank palace dom:

basically re-pathed through the dex nodes and picked up alot of armor. 8.1k life, 63% DR before endurance charges (75% with 3 charges - i was at 57/69 before). with flasks and purity auras it should be unkillable. took damage with the extra 6 points.
cleave is such a fail skill
1.3 killed the build imo. here's what i'm playing now:

vaal pact acrobatics/phase acro with RT borrowing heavily from the harvester build in the ranger forum

stats:

52.7k cleave; it's the most intelligent skill to use with this style imo
76/75/75 resists
30% evade phys, 40% dodge phys, 46% dodge spell, 24% block phys
6056 life

lvl 94 tree:

gear:

notes:

legit phys hits will kill you in 1shot. beware of touch of god/vaal smash/etc

volatile (whatever) burst damage is a legit threat to 1shot you now that we're running not 8.6k life or whatever. -max, elemental weakness, even simple added damage can kill you on high maps if you don't hit your flask.

no clue how to deal with acad boss short of manual vaal IC if his books hit you.

dom's lightning fish attack is nothing

crema boss should be nothing

atziri should be nothing so long as ur running PoF/PoL (getting the intel stats on gear is hard, I know)

harvester build recommends daresso's salute. iunno about that. at least it's cheap so that you can try it out for yourself.

running hatred/haste basically always. only exception i can think of it atziri/uber. elemental damage is nothing how that we heal instantly upon taking it. crit mitigation (unyielding i think it's called) might be needed given that we're running such a low life pool but i am unsure.

why it works:

everything that can hurt you is blinded by 9+ attacks/second courtesy of the legacy bringer. basic mathz here
Spoiler
blind halves the chance to hit. let's assume that things have like 90% chance to hit or whatever. so 0.45 or so if it's blind. 0.7 of that gets through our evasion check. then 0.6 of that gets through our dodge check. talking phys dmg of course. then 0.76 of what remains goes through our block check. that's roughly 0.144 of phys hits from blinded targets getting through our checks. basically, you stand in front of almost anything in the game and shred it.

if i could have 8k life with this it'd be godly. exalton already made that build tho.

hf
Last edited by sawseech on Feb 25, 2015, 6:47:35 AM
Nice to see this build updated.

sawseech, cleave is a low mana intensive skill, the soul taker is not really needed and neither is haste. Do you think it'd be more effective if you replaced the ST with another weapon (Catalyst would be an excellent choice) and dropped haste for a proliferated HoA?

I've been dual wielding for a long time and i find that cleave/dual/molten/static/lightning strike are all easily managed with just 1% mana leech and soul takers are only useful for cyclone.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Can't use catalyst while using cleave. However it would be better to get another high pdps sword and get some sword specific nodes, which are generally more efficient than generic nodes. The dps should rise by quite a bit.

This is a buff
i think using HoA, Hatred and Grace is a massive boost to dps and defence. i think i will try a BoR in a future as im impressed of your HP sawseech. dps is really worse compared to mine, but your defences are brutal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info