[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
INazManI wrote:
Hi there. Trying to start the game. I unpacked it, click open, and nothing happens. I found file in the /tmp, and tryed to reboot, bot nothing helped. Tryed changing settings in wine, like setting it to win7, 1024ram, 800*600. Still nothing happens. Tryed previous version, still the same.
Spoiler
my mac
MacOs Hihg Sierra 10.13.1
MacBook Air early 2015
Processor 1.6 Intel i5
4gb 1600 ddr3
Intel Hd 6000 1536

Having the same issue on High Sierra. Tried with WS 2.22 and also tried turning off "Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D"
Any help would be appreciated. :)
it's the same for me on mac sierra!
For people who've replaced Content.ggpk and are still getting the "Packet too large to deserialize" message, make sure to delete HashCache.dat from the PoE folder. If you leave this in place, it won't know to re-check your content file and you'll just keep getting the error.
I deleted that file but I still get the too big error message. Help?
"
Edit: I solved the problem by creating a new wineskin package and putting PathOfExileInstaller.exe in it and running it. After that ran, I copied the ggpk file into the path of exile directory and changed the "Windows EXE" setting in wineskin form the installer to PathOfExile.exe and it ran with no packet error message. Performance is....not great, even on minimum settings.

Solved the package too large issue by doing this:

1. Show package contents - Copy the torrented ggpk file (DONT KNOW IF THIS IS NECESARRY) and PathOfExileInstaller.exe (from poes homepage) into the POE folder.
2. Delete the HashCache.dat if applicable.
3. Run wineskin, change end of path to PathOfExileInstaller.exe, click test run.
4. After that is done change path back to PathOfExile.exe, click test run.

Boom, worked for me. Also fiddled with some wine tricks.
Last edited by femtio on Dec 23, 2017, 4:18:15 AM
Hi
I usually play on my PC at home but when travelling for work I wish I could play too on my mac laptop.

I am completly lost on the installation process...
Do I have to have Wineskin installed? If so, why doesnt it say so in the first post?
I tried downloading it and installing likea normal app, just like int he instructions but nothing happens.
I tried rebooting the OS but I still get notjing, not even a splash screen or a popup telling me what is wrong.
Also I play with Steam on my pc. How does that translate to Mac?
Here are my specs:
Mac OS High Sierra v 10.13.2
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Ram: 4GB DDR3
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536mb

GUYS use client.exe and it will work after you update the content.ggpk file!!!
edit: doesn't really work, bummer
Last edited by InfinityTortellino on Dec 24, 2017, 10:41:41 PM
hi,

I've just managed to instal the game and I would like to reduce the graphic settings. I understand that I have to modify the production_config.ini but I don't know what to change and to what settings. can you help me?
If anyone's been able to successfully install PoE on a Mac, would you be willing to post a guide detailing how you did it? So much has changed since the original post, there are different recommendations all over the place. Thanks!
I downloaded this game and did winrskin setting as shown but the game still won't launch. i restarted my mac too but nothing happened.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info