[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Hi
I have download the V6 wine, installed on my MAC.
The game plays well, except that the sound.
It is said that "the sound driver is failed to initialised", how can I fix the problem?

Cheers!

"
H4xolotl wrote:
"
julus wrote:
I'll check the awakening issues during this weekend.
awesome!

Would be, if my ISP would not decide to perform maintenance limiting my speed to 128kB/s (HW failure on their end). Now my speed is back to normal, however I am fairly busy over the week, and I am preparing to move to new flat (where I will have proper connection (120Mbit, yay!), and more free time). On the other hand, I can now put proper look into Awakening as now I have access to beta.

I seriously hope I will encounter all of the issues you guys are reporting, as without encountering them, I don't know what to fix.
Tips on using your Steam account to play Path of Exile on Mac (Yosemite)

Download PlayOnMac
Install Steam in a PlayOnMac wrapper
Run it and Log in to Steam
Install Path Of Exile

To fix Sound Error 40963 do this:
Open PlayOnMac
Click Configure on your Steam wrapper
Click on Wine, Configure Wine
Click on "Libraries" "New override for library"
Add "openal32"
Click OK and your done

In Game, to fix stuttering: Turn off Post Processing.

And that's how I play Path of Exile on Mac in Steam

Good luck and have fun!
"
julus wrote:
"
H4xolotl wrote:
"
julus wrote:
I'll check the awakening issues during this weekend.
awesome!

Would be, if my ISP would not decide to perform maintenance limiting my speed to 128kB/s (HW failure on their end). Now my speed is back to normal, however I am fairly busy over the week, and I am preparing to move to new flat (where I will have proper connection (120Mbit, yay!), and more free time). On the other hand, I can now put proper look into Awakening as now I have access to beta.

I seriously hope I will encounter all of the issues you guys are reporting, as without encountering them, I don't know what to fix.

good luck!
Excuse me, on my Mac Yosemite I just dld Path Of Exile v5 alpha 1.dmg, and don't know the next step to do... If I try to open it, it create a dmg saying : « Creating dmg files... »

I'm not even sure it's the best Mac PoE solution, so could somebody please tell me the best solution with the exact procedure to be able to play please?

Thanks!
Hey all you Awakening beta players. To get the Beta on Mac, Do the following:
1. Install the game following the OP guide. Open it and ensure it can run correctly. If it doesn't run correctly ask for help and don't proceed.
2. Download the MSI for the beta onto the mac.
3. Open the package contents of the application from the OP, open up the wineskin. Once its running hit install software and direct it to the MSI of the awakening Beta download you get from GGG.
4. Install it to the default directory.
5. Once installed take the pathofexile.exe from the PREVIOUSLY installed game and drop it into a safe location.
6. Take the pathofexile.exe from the BETA folder and drop it into the PREVIOUSLY installed game.
7. Double click the pathofexile application. It will run the setup for the Beta overwriting some files.
8. Once the download is complete run the game like you did originally, through the application. (For windows users the exe will not run the game, you have to use the application that contains the wineskin and exe.

Currently I am playing the beta, and it runs just fine with 1 exception... The sounds isnt working. In the options menu under sound it says "Failed to initialise sound driver".

Anyone know a fix for that?
Add on to my previous post:
To fix the sound issue in the beta, change the Device in the POE options sound menu from generic hardware to generic software and it autocorrected itself for me.
"
telgalad wrote:

3. Open the package contents of the application from the OP, open up the wineskin. Once its running hit install software and direct it to the MSI of the awakening Beta download you get from GGG.
4. Install it to the default directory.
5. Once installed take the pathofexile.exe from the PREVIOUSLY installed game and drop it into a safe location.
6. Take the pathofexile.exe from the BETA folder and drop it into the PREVIOUSLY installed game.

What do steps 3/4 do? I assume it creates a new application for the awakening?

Why then, do you need to do steps 5/6 and put it in the OLD application?

Also, i think i got it working... testing now

Any idea how I fix the app icon?

It works fine, thanks!

Up to Vaal oversoul now.
Last edited by H4xolotl on Jun 5, 2015, 1:54:46 AM
"
g0ld3nb0y wrote:
Excuse me, on my Mac Yosemite I just dld Path Of Exile v5 alpha 1.dmg, and don't know the next step to do... If I try to open it, it create a dmg saying : « Creating dmg files... »

I'm not even sure it's the best Mac PoE solution, so could somebody please tell me the best solution with the exact procedure to be able to play please?

Thanks!

Thats due to bug with the DMG creator I used. In the last step, when it is renaming the internal dmg name it crashed, and left "creating dmg files" as the volume name. just copy the game from "creating dmg files" volume to applications folder or desktop, and launch it from there.
Ok I'm kind of confused now. I have the game dld, but now even if I try to open it using PlayOnMac, it open with X11, because I tried to play using the X11 program...

So does somebody could tell me the steps to finally pass from not being able to open it with PlayOnMac and play on X11 (and crashing whenever I try to fullscreen) to playing successfully with PlayOnMac, without the dmg bug...

Thanks, sorry for so much questions!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info