[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

So I found the document needed to set the game to fullscreen mode manually but I have no way to open it. Any suggestion?
Everything works fine for client on my side, only problem im having is I get stuck in the between instance load screen, or after logging into a character.

Music plays but the screen will not change after a period of time, forced to close out and keep trying.

maybe my macbook is just too far outdated for client ??
Can you do one for the beta?

I tried installing it wine, (and trasferring the normal GGPK into the new wine file which succesfully updated it) but it just crashes on startup.

How did you modify the wrapper? The first time i opened the beta it said "cannot find audio files", crashed, and now crashes every time with a different error message; "serious error"
SCreenshots

The audio loading error happens (or used to happen) when openal32 override was not set in winecfg (which is by default in my wrappers). If they changed anything, I would need access to beta, to take a look what is going on.

If the Awakening has changed a lot of things with the system configuration (different versions of libraries/directx used), I might redo the whole wrapper from scratch .

You can download the client even if you're not in beta. ( just guessing content.ggpk only has art assets)

Here's a link;
http://www.pathofexile.com/public/PathOfExileAwakeningBetaInstaller.msi
"
julus wrote:
The audio loading error happens (or used to happen) when openal32 override was not set in winecfg (which is by default in my wrappers). If they changed anything, I would need access to beta, to take a look what is going on.

If the Awakening has changed a lot of things with the system configuration (different versions of libraries/directx used), I might redo the whole wrapper from scratch .

I got it working with the newest wine, wineskin and the OPENAL32 overide

I can change graphics settings like shadows/vesync, but attempting to chang resolution or fullscreen crashes.
"Failed resetting Direct3D objects"

Trying editing the config file now... it works!

The config file is found in the old Path of Exile folder, instead of a new folder.
Last edited by H4xolotl on May 20, 2015, 5:38:21 AM
Got it fullscreen!

Any idea how to remove the bar at the top?
Everythings working now. I got rid of the bar at the top.

But the game performance is bad, drinking potions decreases FPS to ~3 and FPS is constantly spiking even in empty town.
Last edited by H4xolotl on May 20, 2015, 6:15:02 AM
Hello, these installation instructions simply don't work for me.

"Download, double click, unpack (for example move the icon to application folder), double click, play"

I have a

5,1 macbook 2009.
9400m Nvidia 256mb
4gb ram.

10.6.8 osx

I've looked through other posts online and tried to mess with the wrapper in a variety of ways.
Any help would be appreciated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info