[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
ImQubanBee wrote:
Hello,

So a friend got this working on this mac and talked me into getting back into it. Problem is mine keeps crashing right after launching. Every time. Uninstalled Synapse and still crashing. Here are the logs.

Spoiler
Engine Used: WS9WineStage1.7.41-68c
Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
SMC Version (system): 1.71f25

Graphics/Displays:

AMD Radeon HD 6750M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6741
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C2950H-175
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.560
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Spoiler
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please report bugs at http://bugs.wine-staging.com (instead of winehq.org).
fixme:ntdll:NtCreateNamedPipeFile Message mode not supported, falling back to byte mode.
fixme:ntdll:NtCreateNamedPipeFile Message mode not supported, falling back to byte mode.
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x0 1 0x0 0 stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33fc78 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation 0x110000 0 0x33fe18 4 stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33efa8 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33ee28 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33eeb8 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33e738 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x33e688 1 C) semi-stub
err:jpeg:error_exit_fn Wrong JPEG library version: library is 90, caller expects 80
err:olepicture:OleLoadPicture IPersistStream_Load failed
err:jpeg:error_exit_fn Wrong JPEG library version: library is 90, caller expects 80
err:olepicture:OleLoadPicture IPersistStream_Load failed
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x2feb68 1 C) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x2fe9b8 1 C) semi-stub
2015-05-03 22:17:33.112 Path Of Exile917725898Wine[436:4954] Error 4 in function PError CChannelMap::LoadMapping(): Cannot read map settings!
err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/5adcaa3eed9fd86a/source/RazerKraken7.1BlueAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:243
err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/5adcaa3eed9fd86a/source/RazerKraken7.1BlueAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:257
err = 1 /Applications/buildAgent/work/5adcaa3eed9fd86a/source/RazerKraken7.1BlueAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/mach_override.c:262
Assertion failed: (!err), function New_PlugIn, file /Applications/buildAgent/work/5adcaa3eed9fd86a/source/RazerKraken7.1BlueAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/APO_PlugIn.mm, line 1712.
wine: Assertion failed at address 0x000b:0x9547869a (thread 0024), starting debugger...
Process of pid=0023 has terminated
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Modules:'
Cannot get info on module while no process is loaded
No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Threads:'
process tid prio (all id:s are in hex)
0000000e services.exe
0000001e 0
0000001d 0
00000014 0
00000010 0
0000000f 0
00000012 winedevice.exe
0000001c 0
00000018 0
00000017 0
00000013 0
00000019 plugplay.exe
00000020 0
0000001f 0
0000001a 0
00000021 explorer.exe
00000022 0

/Applications/buildAgent/work/5adcaa3eed9fd86a/source/RazerKraken7.1BlueAudio/TwinkleMac/NahimicAPO_Mac/NahimicAPO_Mac/Source/APO_PlugIn.mm, line 1712.

The razerKraken is still interfering. (why the hell is Razer trying to hook into all applications?)
"
Sunni_Jim wrote:
Hi guys, I am having trouble getting the Beta to work, can anyone explain it to me like I'm an idiot?

I have the V5 alpha which works fine for the normal game, and I have just downloaded V6 but cant get it to do anything...

Have you moved the game out of the DMG file?
Running V5, suddenly getting this error on launch, which is then force quitting the app:

“Audio/Sound Effects/UI/Hideout/Alternate_02.ogg”: Decoded no data.

PoE was fine last week, took a break over the weekend and first time a boot up yesterday after a restart I get this error. Reboot didn’t help. Any ideas?
"
julus wrote:
"
dpnsan wrote:
V6 no longer uses the discrete graphics on my MBP. The production_config.ini still shows "adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M", but in-game, it is the integrated driver that's being used, and the option is disabled. Framerates are unplayably low.

Hmm, I thought it was only me. It seems the game is starting now sooner then mac manages to switch gpu.
Can you please try to use gfxcardstatus and switch GPU manually before launching the game if it solves the issue for you (after launching gfxcardstatus, you will have "d/i" letter on your statusbar near clock, click it to change gpu)? Unfortunately I cannot dive deeper into this until next weekend.

That didn't seem to change anything. Activity monitor shows that the process is using the discrete GPU, and framerates are around 15-20 fps. Using v5 for now, and thanks for even making this possible!
First of all: Thank you for your great work!

I installed v5 yesterday.. it all went smoth, than i tried to resize the window and it crashed .. hat to kill the application because i was not able to close it the "normal" way.

Before starting it again today i saw that this "bug" is fixed in v6, so i installed it and copied the content to the new version.. It started without any problem but is checking ressources for more than 2h now..

I searched the last ±7 sites of this thread but found no solution..

I am running a full specced new generation mac book pro with up to date OS.
"
Elirion wrote:

I installed v5 yesterday.. it all went smoth, than i tried to resize the window and it crashed .. hat to kill the application because i was not able to close it the "normal" way.

Before starting it again today i saw that this "bug" is fixed in v6, so i installed it and copied the content to the new version.. It started without any problem but is checking ressources for more than 2h now..

Quit the app (make sure nothing from Wine is open in the activity monitor) and start it again. Sometimes that happens, but reopening PoE should make it work.

On an unrelated note, v6 and Awakening Beta are spectacular :P. Quite a large performance improvement on beta. Which most everyone has noticed, since it affects Windows users as well, but going by our luck, I'm surprised it affected us just as much with Wine. Very nice.
El Psy Congroo.
Every time I start up Path of Exile, I keep getting this error saying "Failed resetting Direct 3D device objects"
"
Xolek wrote:
Every time I start up Path of Exile, I keep getting this error saying "Failed resetting Direct 3D device objects"

Edit: I downloaded the port from mediafire from recommended version
"
Elirion wrote:

It is better to move content.ggpk (game data) from the old wrapper into new one (more in FAQ). The initial checking resources takes a very long time and will redownload everything... Why redownload everything when you have old wrapper with (almost) up to date game files, right? :)
"
Patchumz wrote:
On an unrelated note, v6 and Awakening Beta are spectacular :P. Quite a large performance improvement on beta. Which most everyone has noticed, since it affects Windows users as well, but going by our luck, I'm surprised it affected us just as much with Wine. Very nice.

It sounds so good that I am not believing you :D (or possibly they will screw up again like they did from closed beta>open beta> release)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info