[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Yes we tried that. The option literally doesn't exist on her machine. It mounts the image and says it is creating the dmg file then does nothing.

Thanks for your reply
Last edited by Pen_Island on Apr 25, 2015, 12:50:48 AM
"
Pen_Island wrote:
Yes we tried that. The option literally doesn't exist on her machine. It mounts the image and says it is creating the dmg file then does nothing.

Thanks for your reply

v5 dmg was done trough "keka" which is not fully compatible with Yosemite (it crashes during creation) so the "Creating DMG file" is actually DMG name :) just move the game from it. (and make sure gatekeeper is disabled)
Hello,

I am currently using port version 5 on OSX Yosemite 10.10.2. The game opens up fine, and I can log in as well as select and name a character. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything past that. As soon as I choose my character and select "Play," the words "Connecting to Server" appear and then, before I can even enter a single map, I am disconnected and taken back to the home screen. I've been trying to find someone with this same problem for ages, but everyone with disconnect issues seems to be able to at least enter a map, even if for only a few minutes.

I was using version 6 for a while as well, but moved down to version 5, thinking that it would fix my disconnect issues. Both have the same problem. I tried using an Ethernet cable to ensure that WiFi wasn't causing me to d/c. Same problem.

My mac has 8 GB of ram, a Intel HD 3000 graphics card, and a 2.4 GHz i5 processor. It can handle most games, so I don't think that is the issue. My internet generally does not give me trouble either.

Does anyone know what is causing me to disconnect as soon as I try to play the game? Or how I can find out what is causing the instant disconnect? Being able to go so far as creating a character only to be stuck in a disconnecting loop of death is a cruel tease.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will supply more information if needed.
-Freedan
"
Freedan7 wrote:
Does anyone know what is causing me to disconnect as soon as I try to play the game? Or how I can find out what is causing the instant disconnect? Being able to go so far as creating a character only to be stuck in a disconnecting loop of death is a cruel tease...

Long loading times. Solution to this is currently unknown. Some people can make it in time, some don't.
"
julus wrote:
Long loading times. Solution to this is currently unknown. Some people can make it in time, some don't.

Is there anything I can do, like turning down my graphics quality, using Ethernet over wireless, etc. to speed things up? Or am I pretty much stuck with the loading times I have now?
"
Freedan7 wrote:
"
julus wrote:

Is there anything I can do, like turning down my graphics quality, using Ethernet over wireless, etc. to speed things up? Or am I pretty much stuck with the loading times I have now?
Well, this really depends on how long loading times into map you have, I guess the timeout is something like 2 minutes. For me I can get to most maps in 30 seconds.

Sure you can try to decrease graphics quality, might decrease amount of data needed to load. If you are disconnected sooner than the 2 minutes limit, something might be wrong on your side.

"
julus wrote:
"
Pen_Island wrote:

Thanks for your reply

v5 dmg was done trough "keka" which is not fully compatible with Yosemite (it crashes during creation) so the "Creating DMG file" is actually DMG name :) just move the game from it. (and make sure gatekeeper is disabled)

Thanks for the help! I'm so shit with mac so I will ask another question. Do you mean to just move the icon for PoE from the folder (the creation dmg file one) to the desktop?

She isn't running Yosemite and dragging and dropping it doesn't work, though it does still do the "creating dmg file..." thing.
Last edited by Pen_Island on Apr 27, 2015, 1:45:52 AM
Hello there,

I have been playing the game for a few hours under medium graphic settings fine, and now I'm stuck: every time I go to Merveil's Lair to fight Merveil, the FPS drops like a rock (screen completely froze) then I get logged out of the game. The only thing I see on the screen is usually some flying swords and my summons (zombies) before freezing. I do not get any error messages, and go straight back to the login screen after the freeze. The fps drops also occur at different points, if Merveil is closer to the entrance then it drops almost instantly, if not i could walk around a bit before FPS dropping after seeing Merveil.

I'm using the test version (v6) on a macbook air 2012.

Before saying how impossible it is to run the game on MBA, ALL other maps I've been to so far have had no problems. I tried tweaking the settings manually to have the lowest texture/graphics/resolution settings and get 40-50 FPS quite constantly in any other maps, including maps with bosses/special mobs.

I'm also using a summoner witch build if it matters.

Does anyone have this problem and know the solution?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by bearnutz on Apr 27, 2015, 6:32:21 AM
"
bearnutz wrote:
Hello there,

I have been playing the game for a few hours under medium graphic settings fine, and now I'm stuck: every time I go to Merveil's Lair to fight Merveil, the FPS drops like a rock (screen completely froze) then I get logged out of the game. The only thing I see on the screen is usually some flying swords and my summons (zombies) before freezing. I do not get any error messages, and go straight back to the login screen after the freeze. The fps drops also occur at different points, if Merveil is closer to the entrance then it drops almost instantly, if not i could walk around a bit before FPS dropping after seeing Merveil.

I'm using the test version (v6) on a macbook air 2012.

Before saying how impossible it is to run the game on MBA, ALL other maps I've been to so far have had no problems. I tried tweaking the settings manually to have the lowest texture/graphics/resolution settings and get 40-50 FPS quite constantly in any other maps, including maps with bosses/special mobs.

I'm also using a summoner witch build if it matters.

Does anyone have this problem and know the solution?

Thanks in advance

My friend is also complaining about same problem, but he is running windows. I guess it some "rare" issue that only few windows users encounters, but everyone using mac will hit it.

Anyway, you might try to switch to "windowed" mode, and use small window to get trough that fight. Theoretically it should decrease the amount of data needed to load, hopefully enough to not disconnect you.

Another workaround worth of trying is adding -gc 1 as a launcher parameter (right click port, show contents>run wineskin>advanced>configuration tab and Enter "-gc 1" (without quotes) to EXE flags. This should result in slower loading times, but decrease the lags ingame.

Both of the workarounds are untested so neither might work.

"
Pen_Island wrote:
"
julus wrote:
"
Pen_Island wrote:

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for the help! I'm so shit with mac so I will ask another question. Do you mean to just move the icon for PoE from the folder (the creation dmg file one) to the desktop?

She isn't running Yosemite and dragging and dropping it doesn't work, though it does still do the "creating dmg file..." thing.

Use V6 (you save yourself some trouble later on), and move the "icon" from it to desktop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info