[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Please help

I am a TOTAL noob with all of this as i seldom use my MAC.

i know I'm being super retarded here but can someone explain step by step what i do?

I have downloaded POE mac version thats on here, and 'wine'

i don't know how to 'unpack' it etc

I simply dragged POE to desktop / applications and it doesn't even start. I've never used wine so I'm super confused
^Essentially what I want to know too, pls ;) Thanks!
Hi so I've been having issues crashing in the first zones of act 2. I'll literally walk a few steps into the area and the whole game freezes up and then crashes. The first time I got to the area it seemed to work but for some reason it now crashes every time. Any ideas?
"
g0ld3nb0y wrote:
Ok I'm kind of confused now. I have the game dld, but now even if I try to open it using PlayOnMac, it open with X11, because I tried to play using the X11 program...

So does somebody could tell me the steps to finally pass from not being able to open it with PlayOnMac and play on X11 (and crashing whenever I try to fullscreen) to playing successfully with PlayOnMac, without the dmg bug...

Thanks, sorry for so much questions!

The one who is confused now is me.

The wrapper here is a standalone version, it does not need to have PlayOnMac installed, nor it uses any of its components.

If you believe the game is crashing because of utilizing mac driver instead of X11, then you can switch the behavior from the "wineskin" program inside the wrapper (right click>show contents).

Guys, I am seriously not going to explain how to install application from DMG, and other basics of using the OSX :P

It has been explained there many times, and I guess you can find explanation every 10-20 pages.
Hello,

Thank you for this port. Apart from load times it's been a great experience. V.6 is significantly better than previous versions.

Do you have any idea of how this will perform on El Capitan? The next Mac OS X release has major changes to graphics. Will this be beneficial for load times?

All the best
Last edited by mBlazer on Jun 19, 2015, 3:52:12 PM
Will this run OK on the new macbook airs? Going to get one today that has the Intel HD 6000 graphics.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
Will this run OK on the new macbook airs? Going to get one today that has the Intel HD 6000 graphics.

Unless there is some driver bug, it should run. (it was running OK-ish on my Intel HD 3000).

"
mBlazer wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for this port. Apart from load times it's been a great experience. V.6 is significantly better than previous versions.

Do you have any idea of how this will perform on El Capitan? The next Mac OS X release has major changes to graphics. Will this be beneficial for load times?

All the best

Unless the El Capitan fixed the memory allocation issue, the loading times will be the same.
As for the Graphics changes (metal), the wine needs to be modified to use Metal instead of OpenGL, AFAIK this requires immense amount of work, and I guess we would not see any improvement on that field for quite some time.
Thanks for the reply Julus :)

I'm a little confused; will The Awakening be able to be played on El Capitan with your V. 6 port or will the port need additional work to make it playable?

Regards :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info