[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Hey guys!

Was hoping you could help me out a bit,
Im running os x 10.9.1 and when I try and open the POE icon within the dmg file nothing happens.
I don't even get an error window, it just asks if I'm sure I want to open it and then nothing happens.

Any ideas?
having issues with a crash in the city after the first beach I'm running on osx 10.8.4 and it says the problem has to do with a wine deficiency and that it cant read a certain code right in 32 bit. if you could help me it would be much appreciated.
"
fonkeh wrote:
Hey guys!

Was hoping you could help me out a bit,
Im running os x 10.9.1 and when I try and open the POE icon within the dmg file nothing happens.
I don't even get an error window, it just asks if I'm sure I want to open it and then nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Try to copy the dmg file in another place, like the desktop or the application folder before opening it.
My set up:

Mac Mini Late 2012
OS X 10.8.5
2.3 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR RAM
Fusion Drive (HD+SSD)

I have tried both 4.0.3 and 4.1.2 (same result).

Everything works fine but two things.

1: Looong loading screen. I guess it's OK, since it's only when I start to play.

2: I've read last two months replies and nobody mention this problem. Some texts (like magical items descriptions) are hard to read and some character like "r" are glitched. In page 1, you mention this (Distorted fonts), but without giving details. Since lots of people are playing on mac, I was wondering if you all have this problem.

Example

Thanks.
"
GarethDunZ wrote:
Since lots of people are playing on mac, I was wondering if you all have this problem

Yes. Linux too. It's a Wine bug. No current fix that I am aware of and I've tried quite a few ideas. Fortunately, it does not bother me.
wat video settings work with this it keeps crashing over and over when i change
ign: BillyMazeHere
Guys, I am running now the game through Steam via Parallels (Windows 7) and it's working fine.
Not very long loadings (still long but better), no glitched fonts. FPS are decent with the graphics lowered a bit.

Just make sure to install all the proper drivers in Parallels (Virtual Machine > Parallels Tools)

Cheers.
Last edited by GarethDunZ on Jan 31, 2014, 4:10:15 PM
i did what you said " move to application folder before opening" and i get the exact same message saying i should move the file to the trash?
any ideas??
"
Dionj20 wrote:
i did what you said " move to application folder before opening" and i get the exact same message saying i should move the file to the trash?
any ideas??
This messages should not appear (this shows only when the application has been modified by unknown source). Try to redownload, and verify you are not running any software that may be intefering with it.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
GarethDunZ wrote:
Since lots of people are playing on mac, I was wondering if you all have this problem

Yes. Linux too. It's a Wine bug. No current fix that I am aware of and I've tried quite a few ideas. Fortunately, it does not bother me.

There was a fix for this some time ago (don't use d3dx9_xx overrides), but since then, game has been altered and the workaround cannot be used (because the game wont launch at all :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info